Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Un-Titled bikes..What can happen? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/210029-un-titled-bikes-what.html)

Sick.Nate 12-30-2007 03:59 PM

Un-Titled bikes..What can happen?

:shruggs Hey' I'm thinking of picking up A 06 Gsxr600 and there is no title only bill of sale with the bike..guy says The #'s are clean but what can happen? Can the cops take the bike or Bank take the bike back because there's only A bill of sale? If anyone has any info on this' Let me know. Thanks, Boss Hogg

(Also What you guys think its worth? Its fully setup 12bar,cage,HB etc etc.)

12Pack 12-30-2007 04:02 PM

Re: Un-Titled bikes..What can happen?

run the vin threw dmv to make sure, better safe then sorry

on_thegas 12-30-2007 04:09 PM

[quote=Boss Hogg;3085073]:shruggs Hey' I'm thinking of picking up A 06 Gsxr600 and there is no title only bill of sale with the bike..guy says The #'s are clean but what can happen? Can the cops take the bike or Bank take the bike back because there's only A bill of sale? If anyone has any info on this' Let me know. Thanks, Boss Hogg

(Also What you guys think its worth? Its fully setup 12bar,cage,HB etc etc.)[/quote]

hes sellin you a bike that is proly on a repo list bcuz he stopped payin on it so its not his to sell you so yes it will get taken

-SKETCHY- 12-30-2007 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=on_thegas;3085078]hes sellin you a bike that is proly on a repo list bcuz he stopped payin on it so its not his to sell you so yes it will get taken[/QUOTE]

only if the repo people can find it though:YEAH

Sick.Nate 12-30-2007 04:59 PM

[quote=SKETCHY146;3085106]only if the repo people can find it though:YEAH[/quote]

lol' True. What you think its worth? Anyone?

silverstunterR6 12-30-2007 06:04 PM

Get a NOTORIZED bill of sale.
Make sure you get 2 copies of everything.
Check the DMV or Police. Tell them someone is trying to sell you a motorcycle ONLINE and give them the VIN#
One you get it I'd paint it or fighter it so it looks different.
Dont ever pull over for the police.
Keep it out of sight.
Don't wipe back to front.
Put your socks on one foot at a time.
Dont accept candy from strangers.

Hobie 12-30-2007 06:16 PM

It will likely be more trouble than it's worth, unless the price is DIRT cheap.

If there is a lien against the bike you likely will never be able to register it. If it gets impounded you likely will NEVER get it back.

I say "likely" - all states have different laws in these areas. If it's cheap enough, buy it, then a frame off ebay WITH A TITLE, then swap it.

As for what it's worth, that depends on who is asking. To me, it's not worth more than $2K for any reason, but I would likely try to pay much less.

I will say that newbie stunter types these days are willing to put down a lot of money for something like this :rofl:

imafrogg420 12-30-2007 06:43 PM

don't do it you will get herpies and die!!!!!!

Jay Carnes 12-30-2007 08:00 PM

If you get it towed for not being register, kiss that money good by - you don't "own" it so you can't get it out of the tow yard.

If the things like $1,000 i'd take the gamble though.

FrankieG 12-30-2007 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=Boss Hogg;3085073]:shruggs Hey' I'm thinking of picking up A 06 Gsxr600 and there is no title only bill of sale with the bike..guy says The #'s are clean but what can happen? Can the cops take the bike or Bank take the bike back because there's only A bill of sale? If anyone has any info on this' Let me know. Thanks, Boss Hogg

(Also What you guys think its worth? Its fully setup 12bar,cage,HB etc etc.)[/QUOTE]

Don't do it! The person who is on the title can always report it stolen, it may be clean now but there is never a garuntee even if you have ills of sale/notorized copies, check it with dmv or police because at any time it can be reported stolen and then you are shit out of luck...you lose the bike and will have explaining to do with local police....also I won't even go into the problems if it's ever on the road!

Even banks can report the bike stolen if the paymants are deliquint and they go through the proper legal steps!

The only thing you can do is part it out for cash or make it into a track only bike....cuz as a stunter you will always run the risk of running into police while practicing and it could be bad!:2cents :2cents

silverstunterR6 12-30-2007 08:55 PM

How much $$$ does he want anyway????

Sick.Nate 12-30-2007 11:12 PM

[quote=silverstunterR6;3085366]How much $$$ does he want anyway????[/quote]

To much lol.. He said its A salvage bike' Was called totaled because of the plastic damage and he bought it from insurance cheap or something like that.. But still it doesn't even have A salvage title? I guess I will just get an older titled bike lol. Thanks for all the advice everyone, I Appreciate it!

Thanks -Boss Hogg

stock05 12-31-2007 03:11 AM

[quote=Boss Hogg;3085073]:shruggs Hey' I'm thinking of picking up A 06 Gsxr600 and there is no title only bill of sale with the bike..guy says The #'s are clean but what can happen? Can the cops take the bike or Bank take the bike back because there's only A bill of sale? If anyone has any info on this' Let me know. Thanks, Boss Hogg

(Also What you guys think its worth? Its fully setup 12bar,cage,HB etc etc.)[/quote]
after all the shit you talk to me about being mexican and stealing bikes youre cereally gonna post this shit?

-SKETCHY- 12-31-2007 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Boss Hogg;3085520]To much lol.. He said its A salvage bike' Was called totaled because of the plastic damage and he bought it from insurance cheap or something like that.. But still it doesn't even have A salvage title? I guess I will just get an older titled bike lol. Thanks for all the advice everyone, I Appreciate it!

Thanks -Boss Hogg[/QUOTE]

dude, just keep rockin' the stunt sheep! just go +10 on the hooves and you will be good.:LOL

Sick.Nate 12-31-2007 12:52 PM

[quote=SKETCHY146;3086023]dude, just keep rockin' the stunt sheep! just go +10 on the hooves and you will be good.:LOL[/quote]

LOL! :cheers

Sick.Nate 12-31-2007 12:57 PM

[quote=stock05;3085814]after all the shit you talk to me about being mexican and stealing bikes youre cereally gonna post this shit?[/quote]

Why would me posting this have anything to due with you stealing bikes?

Am I stealing A bike? NO, Are you being A dirty mexican again? YES.
So shut up and go mow someone's lawn.

dragginazz 12-31-2007 05:24 PM

Harsh!!:lol

02gsxr 12-31-2007 07:18 PM

for $1000 bucks id buy it and throw a clean frame on it

Scott- 12-31-2007 08:39 PM

my bike has no title only a bill of sale i ran the numbers with a cop friend and the bike is clean i also did a car fax before i purchased it. i keep the car fax and the bill of sale on me when im riding in the lot. i could get the title but fuck it its never going on the street.

TheRomanSF415x 12-31-2007 09:20 PM

boss hogg be asking some stupid ass questions :2cents