Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   lookin for a subcage (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/203023-lookin-subcage.html)

onewheelneil 10-03-2007 10:43 PM

lookin for a subcage

I am lookin for a subcage for a 93 cbr900.I allready talked to OMR and he ain't got a 93 to make one.....anybody know who else I could try?

louisvillerider 10-03-2007 10:47 PM

Re: lookin for a subcage

build your own, or have someone build you one... not much to it if you have the tools.

onewheelneil 10-03-2007 11:20 PM

no welder,no shop...thats what I'm lookin for,someone to build me one

DIRTYDEK 10-04-2007 12:03 AM

.........Buy a nice bike?

spoondogg 10-04-2007 12:04 AM

you dont need a welder....... just zip ties and re-bar

[T-Roy] 10-04-2007 12:16 AM

[quote=spoondogg;2966975]you dont need a welder....... just zip ties and re-bar[/quote]

:nono i saw pics of yours :LOL

[T-Roy] 10-04-2007 12:18 AM

oldmanrodger will be in this thread very soon. i'm not miss cleo, but i knows me a thing or two i tell ya what.

you just sit back and wait for OMR to shit his wisdom open you like a nice steamy hot carl

[T-Roy] 10-04-2007 12:19 AM

:banghead :banghead :banghead

i just reread the first post. lol.

Scott- 10-04-2007 01:00 AM

[quote=DIRTYDEK;2966973].........Buy a nice bike?[/quote]dont be such a dick

punishmentcycle 10-04-2007 01:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
you dont need a sub cage....just ride the bike ....that bike is a tank trust me i know.

punishmentcycle 10-04-2007 01:09 AM

by the way i'm selling the green one for $2500

onewheelneil 10-04-2007 02:26 AM

I might be intrested if I had $2497 more dollars. anybodyelse here build them?

Wetley 10-04-2007 04:14 AM

old man rogers is pimp at weldin up subframe cages :2cents

Danger_Dave 10-04-2007 06:17 AM

i cant understand why any subframe cage sells for so much. its a hunk of steel bent and welded. same with cages and 12 bars, especially ghetto ones that people still try to charge you alot for.

Big R 508 10-04-2007 07:02 AM

you dont understand ???????

they r workin their ass off to make it right and perfect to bolt in.

Electronics
Lights
parts
weld stuffs

those things r pretty expensive when the weld is on and eat alot of Electronics.

old man roger 10-04-2007 07:08 AM

[quote=Danger_Dave;2967182]i cant understand why any subframe cage sells for so much. its a hunk of steel bent and welded. same with cages and 12 bars, especially ghetto ones that people still try to charge you alot for.[/quote]well start selling them for $100 bucks and see how much money you loose.....

just shipping one cage to cali the other day cost me $38 bucks...

never mind the material ,welding wire, argon gas, grinding wheels, blades oh and my time building them and driving around to get the material and taking them to get them shipped oh wait i also had to buy a welder and tank and a pipe bender and an angle grinder, bench grinder ,well i could go on and on but if you brake it down $175 shipped for a subcage is pretty cheap if you ask me ........

i forgot to mention the hours it takes to make a jig for a subcage that no one ever pays you for and hunting down bikes to borrow .....oh the hours of work no one gets to see and the amount of money spent on tools because lets face it they don't last forever and electric and hydraulic tools don't have a life time warranty like a wrench

Big R 508 10-04-2007 07:15 AM

there u go , u know more than i do but i know what you meant lol

onewheelneil 10-04-2007 10:51 AM

OMR I thought your price vs. product was great! Thats why I came to you first.I wish more people stunted these tanks so you would be able to come across one to use as a template!

punishmentcycle 10-04-2007 11:28 AM

[quote=old man roger;2967202]well start selling them for $100 bucks and see how much money you loose.....

just shipping one cage to cali the other day cost me $38 bucks...

never mind the material ,welding wire, argon gas, grinding wheels, blades oh and my time building them and driving around to get the material and taking them to get them shipped oh wait i also had to buy a welder and tank and a pipe bender and an angle grinder, bench grinder ,well i could go on and on but if you brake it down $175 shipped for a subcage is pretty cheap if you ask me ........

i forgot to mention the hours it takes to make a jig for a subcage that no one ever pays you for and hunting down bikes to borrow .....oh the hours of work no one gets to see and the amount of money spent on tools because lets face it they don't last forever and electric and hydraulic tools don't have a life time warranty like a wrench[/quote]
hey rodger.i have an extra subframe(900rr) kickin around that i dont need if you want it for mock up it's your free...

punishmentcycle 10-04-2007 11:30 AM

[quote=onewheelneil;2967366]OMR I thought your price vs. product was great! Thats why I came to you first.I wish more people stunted these tanks so you would be able to come across one to use as a template![/quote]
seriously a subcage on a 900rr will be a waste of money....invest in a really good cage and thats all you'll need...that sub doesn't even flex with my heavy ass jumping up and down for hours....but what do i know:2cents