Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Carbs disadvantages. (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/178470-carbs-disadvantages.html)

Reyals Bemus 01-11-2007 02:58 PM

Carbs disadvantages.

Is there really any big deal between riding a bike with carbs instead of FI? Are there are any disadvantages? I heard that coasters and scraping were a problem, but I'm not sure this is true. I coast dirtbikes pretty far back and they don't die out.

Basically, is FI better in any case for stunting sportbikes?

old man roger 01-11-2007 03:05 PM

Re: Carbs disadvantages.

fi is so totally and completly better then carbs on a stunt bike ....
fi will hold an idle even when your on the brakes ,that alone makes it worth while but there are so many other reasons like no flooding when you crash..
no dumping fuel when you stop on the bar...
no sputtering after a stoppie ..
and i could go on and on but i think you get my point

Nick StuntMetal 01-11-2007 03:37 PM

yes carbed bike are a pain in the ass to ride sometimes...my idle isnt very consistant

NINER 01-11-2007 03:39 PM

FI is better for bar tricks. That's why the pros use FI bikes.

punishmentcycle 01-11-2007 05:22 PM

i'll tell you this.i have a 99 900rr and it wont die doing anything.the thing will stay running when it's on the cage.on the other hand most other carbed bikes i have stunted are pretty unpridictable when past balance point,but if your good at slipping the clutch you should be fine.but yes fi is better!

martino 01-11-2007 06:12 PM

i stunted a carbed F4 for years. it did 20 circles on idle alone without touching the gas.
the idle is great on it, in fact, it lugs slightly lower than a FI.

the problem with carbs is that it doesnt have the torque at idle that FI does and its not as consistent. This is most noticeable when your doing circles. FI helps out a lot.

as far as learning a basic wheelie Id go CARBS all the way. they loose a little power when theyre up in a wheelie and theryre more forgiving.
they wont run out of gas and want to crash like FI

Trick 01-11-2007 06:14 PM

carbs r just harder to diagnose when something is wrong...
and when u crash the bike always runs like shit for a wile

old man roger 01-11-2007 06:17 PM

spend your money once ....
get a fi bike and you will not regret it ....
get a carbed bike and you will say damn i wish i got an fi bike,or you will after you ride some one else fi bike

1ST GEAR 01-11-2007 06:55 PM

F.I. all the way.....
SOME carbed bikes might run well when behind BP but they are definetly not stock.. or should I say the condition your going to find a carbed bike in being as it will be almost 10 years old.

GeRiGiXXeR600 01-11-2007 07:01 PM

Stunt an F4i. Then stunt an F2. You will notice the difference!

Danger_Dave 01-11-2007 07:36 PM

carburetor shmarburetor

DWJmoto 01-11-2007 11:54 PM

FI is better but you don't have to have it
my f4 is fine for slow stuff kinda sucks after I crash it runs like crap

Allstar 01-12-2007 01:58 AM

what is a FI

TurboNghtRdr 01-12-2007 02:47 AM

Fuel Injected

Allstar 01-19-2007 12:04 AM

pass me the knife, i ought to cut off a finger for how long i tried to figure that out...

martino 01-19-2007 06:55 AM

Nothing wrong with getting an old bike to get into stunting. drop a thousand bucks and get something old and simple. Its got carbs- no problem, they run just just fine at the balance point and theyre fail safe. parts on old bikes are dirt cheap, old bike are stronger- a lot of old shit has steel frames.

asharpa600 10-03-2009 10:34 PM

That and you can jet it and will do better i am going to jet mine because she acts like a mower after i do a good hard stoppie and when i get my gears and hand break and cage and 12 bar she is going to need all the fule she can handle i ant buying a fi bike because i would be mad if i dropped a bike that i paid 7g's for why when i got less money in my bike and its ugly.. heck i just road it form oklahoma to ks to colorado and back did just fine got the job done.

FresYES fresh 10-03-2009 10:48 PM

I still have yet to get a FI bike : / Ridden a friends and its a huge difference with slow stuff, at least it was for me.... Alot easier and more predictable :2cents
Gonna be a lonnngggg time till i can get one though :banghead

big ben 10-03-2009 11:07 PM

i LOVE my bike but ive never reallly ridden an f.i. either......

ive never really had idle problems...holds strong for-eva even on the brake......yea u dump a little fuel but not a huge deal....and yes it will sputter on floater stoppies.......

I CALL TOTAL BS ON THE CARB SREWS WITH IDLE CLAIM

ive never had any symptoms of the carb issues some people claim but if you have the chance to get a FI....GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!

N2O 10-03-2009 11:20 PM

[quote=big ben;4149308]i LOVE my bike but ive never reallly ridden an f.i. either......

ive never really had idle problems...holds strong for-eva even on the brake......yea u dump a little fuel but not a huge deal....and yes it will sputter on floater stoppies.......

I CALL TOTAL BS ON THE CARB SREWS WITH IDLE CLAIM

ive never had any symptoms of the carb issues some people claim but if you have the chance to get a FI....GET ONE!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
I call BS with the carb SREWS with idle claim also.