Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   keeping rear pegs in place... (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/172251-keeping-rear-pegs-place.html)

SYTFU_R6 10-26-2006 04:19 PM

keeping rear pegs in place...

so last night i was practicing on increasing my height, and angle.. but when i would get the bike right at the point of slowing it down, i would either get uncomfortable, or my injury(torn miniscus) would act up. so i would adjust my stance, and stand-up straight...(ribz touching windscreen). when i would get it there, i could slightly feel the rear peg move....

is that a problem i will have to deal with, or is it a easily correctable thing??:shruggs

inolen 10-26-2006 04:21 PM

Re: keeping rear pegs in place...

Ride more. It's just awkward at first.

SYTFU_R6 10-26-2006 04:25 PM

right on.. i was thinking that, because last night was the first night i was getting this height.

kinda had me spooked but i kept at it. the other thing my boi told me, was some fools switch around the rear pegs..... left to right, right to left.... :shruggs

do you guys do that, or do you drill some shit into the peg to keep it in place??

mike1984 10-26-2006 04:26 PM

got the same prob.... only i have a torn pcl as well... though about movin the rear peg to the bolt hole on the subframe where the original peg bracket mounts... maybe that'll help

Hawco 10-26-2006 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=inolen]Ride more. It's just awkward at first.[/QUOTE]

+1

SYTFU_R6 10-26-2006 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=Mikeith]got the same prob.... only i have a torn pcl as well... though about movin the rear peg to the bolt hole on the subframe where the original peg bracket mounts... maybe that'll help[/QUOTE]

that shit is painfull as hell, might i add:LOL hurts me the whole time i am on a wheelie, but **** it... i wanna learn.:banghead or maybe i should just get the surgery...:LOL

mike1984 10-26-2006 06:19 PM

physical theropy did wonders for me... but mine was mostly pcl and the mcl was just a lil torn... ask your doc which would be better for you and take his word... if he says you need surgery GET IT!

$$$$DINO$$$$ 10-26-2006 07:35 PM

on my bike they seemlike the are going to tear off any day now

letsride 10-26-2006 07:47 PM

My friend used to ***** about that all the time. I never noticed on my 929 though :shruggs

kj 10-26-2006 10:56 PM

It only happens when your tryin to stand too upright.... lean back and hang off of the bars and it'll never happen.

silverstunterR6 10-26-2006 11:06 PM

Yeah I lean like a mofo and never have issues
I hate how the tail rubs your leg though if you move too much.

skidmark 10-26-2006 11:15 PM

you mean like the peg was folding in? just drill a small hole in each peg and the bracket and safety wire it down. It works fine, and if you bail the peg can just snap the wire and still fold up

silverstunterR6 10-26-2006 11:17 PM

^good idea :cheers

stock05 10-27-2006 01:11 AM

[quote=SYTFU_R6]so last night i was practicing on increasing my height, and angle.. but when i would get the bike right at the point of slowing it down, i would either get uncomfortable, or my injury(torn miniscus) would act up. so i would adjust my stance, and stand-up straight...(ribz touching windscreen). when i would get it there, i could slightly feel the rear peg move....

is that a problem i will have to deal with, or is it a easily correctable thing??:shruggs[/quote]

your avatar is awesome, its like your making whoolies at light speed, oh wait nevermind, you are :LOL

Armenian 10-27-2006 01:14 AM

do 1 foot on seat stand-ups--very comfy--

JohnnyP 10-27-2006 01:18 AM

[QUOTE=SYTFU_R6]so last night i was practicing on increasing my height, and angle.. but when i would get the bike right at the point of slowing it down, i would either get uncomfortable, or my injury(torn miniscus) would act up. so i would adjust my stance, and stand-up straight...(ribz touching windscreen). when i would get it there, i could slightly feel the rear peg move....

is that a problem i will have to deal with, or is it a easily correctable thing??:shruggs[/QUOTE]

You could probably just get used to it like some are saying, but I have an 03 R6 and compared to my 636 I find the rear peg wants to fold up easily....You could make it solid but then your run the risk of damaging your subframe if you crash on that side and it doesnt fold up easily...:2cents

Armenian 10-27-2006 01:23 AM

thats odd i've never had my rear peg fold up on me on my 636 and i do coasters all day long on the rear peg. :shruggs

gixxer_6 10-27-2006 01:26 AM

I got to watch a good friend of mine wreck on the highway because his left rear peg folded up on him. So get thing secure.

stock05 10-27-2006 01:27 AM

[quote=Armenian]do 1 foot on seat stand-ups--very comfy--[/quote]
i tried that shit for about half an hour one night and everytime i lifted it up i felt like i was gonna eat shit, so i took off my passenger seat and started putting my foot in the sub-frame, it was much more "comfy" that way :shruggs

SYTFU_R6 10-27-2006 01:53 AM

[QUOTE=stock05]i tried that shit for about half an hour one night and everytime i lifted it up i felt like i was gonna eat shit, so i took off my passenger seat and started putting my foot in the sub-frame, it was much more "comfy" that way :shruggs[/QUOTE]

<------43mph steady.

word... thats why you did that that night huh??? i was wondering why you told me to take the cowl off.:shruggs

only reason i am having the problem is because of my knee injury, it gets uncomfortable at times having it bent like that..... but i will over come it, that was the only reason i went upright, just to get more comfortable.

i was doing some rather comfortably today, but i also wass'nt out wheeling for 20 minutes straight. i might just need to get a compression brace for the ole' knee.

i was thinking about notching the peg and peg mount, then screwing a screw in it..... do you think that would keep it from folding in??? well not saying i am gonna keep at improper technique, but at the time i am working on long wheelies to gain throttle control, and i might get to that position to give my leg a rest.