Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   F4i Full Fairing Clip on Help (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/171323-f4i-full-fairing-clip.html)

Hazen 10-16-2006 04:33 PM

F4i Full Fairing Clip on Help

I'm on an F4i with a 929 front end and a 905 Fairing stay. Stock Honda clip-ons under the top tripple in their stock location.
I spent some time this weekend lookin at Teach's (woodcraft under the tripple), Colton's (Old style vortex, 11 degree I think on top of the tripple), and Tice's setups. I am just wondering what the Full fairing guys are doing right now as these stock Honda clip-ons need to go. I can pull through to HC with them but am ready to try something new. Just looking for pics and or opinions of your setups.

Thanks.

Lunchbox- 10-16-2006 04:48 PM

Re: F4i Full Fairing Clip on Help

[QUOTE=Hazen]I'm on an F4i with a 929 front end and a 905 Fairing stay. Stock Honda clip-ons under the top tripple in their stock location.
I spent some time this weekend lookin at Teach's (woodcraft under the tripple), Colton's (Old style vortex, 11 degree I think on top of the tripple), and Tice's setups. I am just wondering what the Full fairing guys are doing right now as these stock Honda clip-ons need to go. I can pull through to HC with them but am ready to try something new. Just looking for pics and or opinions of your setups.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

ONE WORD HAZEN

DARKSIDE......
YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO :YEAH

DEBO 10-16-2006 04:48 PM

I am in your same shoes, I need to get rid of my stock clip ons.
Anybody ever run flipped RC-51 clip ons on the 929 front end???

DLISH 10-16-2006 06:16 PM

put the f4i front end back on

Hazen 10-17-2006 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=03fat1000]
DARKSIDE......
YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO :YEAH[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not at all.

I was looking for pics of Luxury Joe's setup. Or Debo but I guess he's got the same ones I do currently:banghead

DEBO 10-17-2006 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=Hazen]Nope. Not at all.

I was looking for pics of Luxury Joe's setup. Or Debo but I guess he's got the same ones I do currently:banghead[/QUOTE]

I kinda like Thiuce set up, but he runs a Vortex tripple...:shruggs

JohnnyP 10-17-2006 04:28 PM

Got any pics of that 905 Stay? Id like to see if they've stepped it up or not........

Hazen 10-17-2006 08:01 PM

Yeah I have a Vortex tripple on my 929 with the same clip-ons that he has but mine are underneath and not flipped. Street Killa.

I think the F4i is gonna get a Vortex tripple and the new 2 hole vortex on top. Prolly flipped...

I'll post a pic of the 905 stay tomorrow. Pics are on my work comp. It's pretty basic, and imo not worth the $185. :banghead

Suicidl 10-17-2006 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=DEBO]I am in your same shoes, I need to get rid of my stock clip ons.
Anybody ever run flipped RC-51 clip ons on the 929 front end???[/QUOTE]
yes i had a set of rc51's that we put on z units bike i dont know if he still has them or not

WADESEC518 10-17-2006 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=JohnnyP]Got any pics of that 905 Stay? Id like to see if they've stepped it up or not........[/QUOTE]

id like to see you get those stays done for the 05-06 636 so i can buy one:YEAH

**superstunna** 10-17-2006 10:59 PM

dude save ur money and buy vortex clip ons and flipem ,, they are the sh!t i run them on the deuce

Hazen 10-17-2006 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=**superstunna**]dude save ur money and buy vortex clip ons and flipem ,, they are the sh!t i run them on the deuce[/QUOTE]

I have the Vortex clip ons and tripple on my 9deuce currently, clip-ons underneath and not flipped.:2cents :YEAH

nsaneobsession 10-18-2006 12:17 AM

its hard to flip them on full fairings unless they are the 0 degree the 10 degree will not let you turn unless youmodify the upper or you can run 750-1000 gsxr clipons on top with 929 forks

**superstunna** 10-18-2006 02:37 AM

:nono :nono :badcop :sally :whipit: :nutkick: :cigarette :bouncingf :marlborok :chairhit: :humper :Drummer :GHOST: :happysant :PUMPKIN: :band1 [QUOTE=Hazen]I have the Vortex clip ons and tripple on my 9deuce currently, clip-ons underneath and not flipped.:2cents :YEAH[/QUOTE]

TEACH C6 10-18-2006 08:25 AM

stock upper. 905 stay. woodcraft clipons flipped. i have them as wide as possible and turned out until they hit the upper at full turn.

makes ALL the difference on endoes...if you aren't rolling 270 or better, this may be why!! (corey from d aces doesnt count!)

my junker looks stock except for the larger sprocket and the extra 'clutch' lever on the left side of the bike!

goooose 'er!

suzukibobby 10-18-2006 09:55 AM

[quote=TEACH C6]stock upper. 905 stay. woodcraft clipons flipped. i have them as wide as possible and turned out until they hit the upper at full turn.

makes ALL the difference on endoes...if you aren't rolling 270 or better, this may be why!! (corey from d aces doesnt count!)

my junker looks stock except for the larger sprocket and the extra 'clutch' lever on the left side of the bike!

goooose 'er![/quote]

i took a grinder to my gauge/fairing bracket and notched out the sides.. the stock clipons can be turned all the way out and and the bike will do full turn. Its easy to clearance it and works great.

Hazen 10-18-2006 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=TEACH C6]stock upper. 905 stay. woodcraft clipons flipped. i have them as wide as possible and turned out until they hit the upper at full turn.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was checkin out your bike again last night. I think I'm gonna have to try a set of those Woodcrafts. :2cents

Hazen 10-18-2006 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=**superstunna**]:nono :nono :badcop :sally :whipit: :nutkick: :cigarette :bouncingf :marlborok :chairhit: :humper :Drummer :GHOST: :happysant :PUMPKIN: :band1[/QUOTE]

Rob are you comin to Jax. with us or are we gonna have to make everyone go down there for a weekend??? After Biketoberfest this weekend I'll be ready for a lil road trip. All the spots in O-town are toast. :banghead

crtchrktrcr 10-18-2006 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=DEBO]I am in your same shoes, I need to get rid of my stock clip ons.
Anybody ever run flipped RC-51 clip ons on the 929 front end???[/QUOTE]
have u ever looked at your boytoy zunits bike???

nos96f22 10-18-2006 03:08 PM

i think luxury joe runs the vortex flipped too