Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Arena Stunting ? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/147148-arena-stunting.html)

SCOTT_Chychul 12-05-2005 06:57 PM

Arena Stunting ?

So for those of you that have had to do shows in arena's how bad was the traction ? What type of tires worked best ? And what tricks would you not do..

Regstunts 12-05-2005 07:25 PM

Re: Arena Stunting ?

I used hair spray on my wheels when I was in a roller hockey league. :laughing

DLISH 12-05-2005 07:44 PM

[QUOTE=Regstunts]I used hair spray on my wheels when I was in a roller hockey league. :laughing[/QUOTE]
Hockey, eh?

Darius 12-05-2005 07:44 PM

get a big pesticide sprayer and fill it up with coke, pepsi or root beer, spray it all over

5thgear 12-05-2005 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=Darius]get a big pesticide sprayer and fill it up with coke, pepsi or root beer, spray it all over[/QUOTE]

For real ? or are you just into some wicked crash footage

SCOTT_Chychul 12-05-2005 07:52 PM

do race tires hook up better then street ? I seen that Kane was spraying the coke.. LOL if thats what i gota do thats what im going to do..

verticaljay 12-05-2005 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=DLish]Hockey, eh?[/QUOTE]

yeah, whats that all aboot

DLISH 12-05-2005 07:55 PM

time to rock the Sams Choice .88 :2cents 2 liter shit

TEACH C6 12-05-2005 10:01 PM

a LIGHT mist of spray...should dry in 20 minutes or so...every trick is possible.

i run a pirelli race front all the time with no probs, and anything but a dunslop on the rear.

too much coke and it is garbage though.

i tis still irregular traction, but not a problem

Kaneone 12-06-2005 02:17 AM

dont listen to teach he doesnt count cause the crazy man can do 500 ft stoppies on ice in the artic during a snow storm with 58psi and the belts showing on his tire...

just like darius said.. fill a spray bottle with coke, light mist wait for it to dry and have fun.

it sucks.. the traction is EXTREMELY inconsistent. some times it hooks... sometimes it doesnt. very weird to ride on at first.

rain slicks and tire warmers would probably help a lot.. as did grip tape in a few select spots also helped to gain that extra snap of traction when ya needed it.

was actually a lot of fun to ride on after awhile though.. would be more fun if they gave us more than say 100x9FT.. yes.. 9FT... with metal ramps, jagged edges, a stage in the middle and some nasty concrete walls around the edge.. oh cant forget the CORDS right in the middle to.. and the carpet for the FMX guys thats always nice.. expescially after a few hours of the FMX guys tearin into the carpet and because of the coke all these little fibers completely cover your tires making them the perfect assesory to a furred out bike.. who doesnt want furred out tires..

BUT.. its all worth it to watch some of the ****y a$$ FMX airborne ballerinas tuck the front of slip out the rear and concrete surf right along with us...

at least.. it was for me!! hahaha

-Kane

SCOTT_Chychul 12-06-2005 02:49 AM

well im going to get used to riding on it.. If all goes as planned ill be doing more shows in areana's this year. Just wanted some tips on how to get some traction.. Thanks..

Mikie 12-06-2005 03:54 AM

[QUOTE=Kaneone]watch some of the ****y a$$ FMX airborne ballerinas[/QUOTE]

ok.. and stunting is hardcore cuz you might bail and smudge your puma? Whats the disrespect for?

Kaneone 12-06-2005 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=Mikie]ok.. and stunting is hardcore cuz you might bail and smudge your puma? Whats the disrespect for?[/QUOTE]

no disrespect i just enjoy razzzzzzing them..

internet forum boards = no inflection
one cant tell when another is hyped, angry, excited, Joking, or upset..
its really a pain in the ass sometimes eh?

and if all u hurt is your puma when your wrecking.. your not wrecking that hard... and should feel lucky

-Kane

hyperryder 12-06-2005 12:52 PM

are you guys serious on the coke factor

Sinista 12-06-2005 01:14 PM

i did a show this weekend in my local arena with the fmx guys and ill tell you the coke did'nt work for shit...3m tape worked during practice ...but mini quads tore it all up right before it was tiome to for us to go on...needless to say we had no traction what so ever..so we did some acrobatics and well any wheelies turned into crashes..and of course the crowd loved it...it was great though i must say...one of the sbest experiences of my life..i want to thank joel grover for the opportunity..they even said it was the worst floor they ever worked with... so we did'nt feel so bad after

5thgear 12-06-2005 01:24 PM

I think a little Muriatic acid would roughen up the surface quite nicely.

Schwartz 12-06-2005 01:52 PM

We/Scooter Trash did a show in the Pontiac Silver Dome. I got some coke from one of the fountain machines and moped up an area with it. Let it dry, worked it in for a bit and you could hook pretty good. As Kane was saying hit of miss... Sometimes you'd hook other times garbage....We had a big old spot to ride in..

SCOTT_Chychul 12-06-2005 04:28 PM

Blah.. i hate doing a show were it turns ugly fast.. I dont know whats better, not doing a show, or doing a shit show that makes you look bad.. I guess entertaining the crowd is entertaining the crowd.. I did an Fmx show in a Bar parking lot were i had about 8 feet across and about 100 feet long, did a few slow spreaders some 12's and burnouts and shit but on about my 5th run one of the dirtbikers cut me off so i turned and hit the landing of the freestyle ramp.. Bike flipped upside down and fell 5 feet onto the ground,, Crowd went ****en nuts !! I felt like a dork cuz i didnt get to show what i was really capable of.. So really is it worth it ? Promoters loved it, crowd loved it, but i felt like shit..

TEACH C6 12-06-2005 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=Sinista]i did a show this weekend in my local arena with the fmx guys and ill tell you the coke did'nt work for shit...3m tape worked during practice ...but mini quads tore it all up right before it was tiome to for us to go on...needless to say we had no traction what so ever..so we did some acrobatics and well any wheelies turned into crashes..and of course the crowd loved it...it was great though i must say...one of the sbest experiences of my life..i want to thank joel grover for the opportunity..they even said it was the worst floor they ever worked with... so we did'nt feel so bad after[/QUOTE]

you didnt do the coke thingy right...

i couldnt imagine floors being any more slippery than they were in houston where the sportbike area was surrounded by dirt and the dirt was tracked onto the concrete by the dirtbikes and fans...i could run and slide on two feet, but nonetheless, everything was possible including endos, loooong drifts, and the tech cirlce stuff.

Paw Paw 12-06-2005 06:22 PM

Coke works ok after it's been down for 24 hrs. The floors during the fmx tour were allways better the 2nd night. It's still pretty awesome to get the opportunity to perform for crowds that large.

Paw Paw