Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   hotbodies race plastics (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/119188-hotbodies-race-plastics.html)

NickIF 03-24-2005 11:00 PM

hotbodies race plastics

I'm thinking about throwing a set on my 636 and doing a custom paint job, how well is it going to hold up? How much fitment problems did you have?

TEACH C6 03-24-2005 11:09 PM

Re: hotbodies race plastics

I run Cheetah racing bodies on my 636's and they work nice...fit is good, and they've lasted well over a season and still going strong....

[url]www.crbodies.com[/url]

NickIF 03-24-2005 11:10 PM

cool what'd you end up doing for a fairing stay? I believe the 905 mounts to the headlight tab but the race plastics don't have those... ? Can you post up some pics too :cheers

Kaneone 03-24-2005 11:25 PM

Cheetah is THE ONLY way to go...

-kane

crzy954rr 03-25-2005 02:36 AM

Ditto, I run chetta on my Race bike and it's great, and it bolts right up to stock mouting points. No Drilling, at-least on my 04 Gsxr 6.

TEACH C6 03-25-2005 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=NickIF]cool what'd you end up doing for a fairing stay? I believe the 905 mounts to the headlight tab but the race plastics don't have those... ? Can you post up some pics too :cheers[/QUOTE]

i dont got any closeup pics, but u can see pics on superstreetbike.com

i got the 905 fairing stay in there with the race plastics....no problems at all. the race stuf is so secure from mounting to the lowers and to the bike itself that not directly mounting to the stay is not a problem, it feels as if it is...

i highly recommend it...a quick way to toughen up your bike and make it easy to look clean!

Kelly. 03-25-2005 10:46 AM

i have a cheeta race body for my f4i.
everything mount like it should, everything lines up.

its so much more flexible then stock stuff. i can sit on the tail section and cave it in, and no pain flakes off (my paint is rattle can though)

i recomend cheeta!

NickIF 03-25-2005 12:07 PM

sweet good deal I've found one on another site that is locally reccommended anyone heard of them? There prices are super cheap if you're a racer

[url]http://www.godfatherracing.com/bodarmor_kawazx6.htm[/url]

One more question on the cheetah plastics.. Does anyone have a NICE paintjob with one? I'm probably going to spend around $300 in paint so there can't be a bunch of pinholes and stuff in the plastic

Quicksta da RR 03-25-2005 12:45 PM

I Have Hotbodies Plastic On My 900rr. I Had To Do My Own Bodywork Before I Could Put It On. Fitment Was Great But, Definately Not As Good As Cheetah

gsxrtigger 03-25-2005 01:16 PM

Guess, I'm going to have to look into some Cheetah stuff too...... Dammit, that means more money!!! :banghead

keeth 03-25-2005 04:35 PM

The cheetah stuff is awesome and you can put a nice paint job on them too. I've never heard anybody say anything good about the Hotbodie's stuff. I'm sure if you ask nice they'll make it a little thicker too so it will be stronger.

TEACH C6 03-25-2005 04:45 PM

i have good paint on my bike...again [url]www.superstreetbike.com[/url] has some pics....it is a year old set and still going strong. there are pin holes, but only because i sanded it down too far!

great stuff!

LivingCanvas 03-27-2005 12:57 AM

i had hotbodie on my old f4i......they were alright, but the fitment wasnt great, and you have to do all the drilling

i have Sharkskinz on my 929 now, and they are awesome in every way. they came pre-drilled and had the zues fasteners already rivited on.

for the most part all aftermarket fairings are stronger than stock because they flex more, instead of cracking to bits every time theyre flexed

-MXD- 03-28-2005 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=LivingCanvas]i had hotbodie on my old f4i......they were alright, but the fitment wasnt great, and you have to do all the drilling

i have Sharkskinz on my 929 now, and they are awesome in every way. they came pre-drilled and had the zues fasteners already rivited on.

for the most part all aftermarket fairings are stronger than stock because they flex more, instead of cracking to bits every time theyre flexed[/QUOTE]

i think im going to put some sharkskinz on my f4i or 636 once i pick it up. your paint job looks sick

LivingCanvas 03-28-2005 11:14 PM

yeah, thats another good thing about the sharkxskinz. you just scuff the surface and they are paint ready

thanx MXD, btw

Juice 03-29-2005 01:09 AM

[QUOTE=NickIF]sweet good deal I've found one on another site that is locally reccommended anyone heard of them? There prices are super cheap if you're a racer

[url]http://www.godfatherracing.com/bodarmor_kawazx6.htm[/url]

One more question on the cheetah plastics.. Does anyone have a NICE paintjob with one? I'm probably going to spend around $300 in paint so there can't be a bunch of pinholes and stuff in the plastic[/QUOTE]

nick if your only wanting to spend 300 on paint who is going to do it? I got a guy who is good as hell and does a kick ass job...wait til you see my bike in person..let me know if your interested im shure i can hook you up..cheap cheap cheap!

NickIF 03-29-2005 12:54 PM

[QUOTE=Juice]nick if your only wanting to spend 300 on paint who is going to do it? I got a guy who is good as hell and does a kick ass job...wait til you see my bike in person..let me know if your interested im shure i can hook you up..cheap cheap cheap![/QUOTE]

IF has an in house painter but thanks :apimp