Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   wobbly stoppies (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/1171-wobbly-stoppies.html)

Chris SSB 10-13-2002 11:37 PM

wobbly stoppies

Every once in a while I get a wobble from the front tire when I do rolling stoppies. I have gsxr 1000 that has a factory steering dampener. Is there anything I can do to put a stop to this? Is the factory dampener not sufficient? Will letting some air out of the front tire help? I have seen videos of guys getting really harsh wobbles and going over. That is what I am trying to avoid. Anyone have any ideas?:confused: :eek:

BigBalla 10-13-2002 11:58 PM

sit down on your seat more-that wil keep your arms in a position to control the bars easier-as for the steering dampner-i heard stock suzuki's are pretty weak-

icehot113 10-14-2002 12:17 AM

at what speed, and how bad, if its when ur going very slow (like at the end) then its just cuz ur going slow and ur little shifts in weight make a big difference... if its at speed, then it could be a bad road, or all sorts of stuff... get a hyperpro damper, they rock!
-icehot113

PRESTON 10-14-2002 06:23 AM

keep you arms straight and when you are going pretty slow stiffen them up.

Brian_C6 10-14-2002 10:21 AM

Sitdown? I am standing up with all my weight on the bars. I have a Scotts' Steering Damper set 6 out from the hardest. I never ever ever get wobble.

Lata,
Bri

Pete_SOI 10-14-2002 10:57 AM

I took my stock damper off and took all the shitty water...oops I mean oil out,then I replaced it with gear oil.Shit feels like a scott's now

10-14-2002 11:58 AM

How old is your front tire? Maybe you need a front tire.

Chris SSB 10-14-2002 07:00 PM

The tire is brand new. Hey Pete how did you find out about changing the oil in stock dampener?

Pete_SOI 10-14-2002 07:10 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chris SSB [/i]
[B]The tire is brand new. Hey Pete how did you find out about changing the oil in stock dampener? [/B][/QUOTE]

uuhh......:confused: If you look on the bottom of the damper there is alittle hex screw.Take that out and the stock oil will come out,you'll have to move the damper in and out to get it all.Make sure you put the oil in somthing you can mesure so you can put the same amount of oil back in.Just like taking it out you'll have to move the damper in and out to get all the oil in.I used motor oil first and it helped.....but then I put the gear oil in and it was nice.

Before you do this you might want to know that this was just a test of mine.Nobody told me about this so I can't promise result's.It works good for me but I don't want to be resposible if you mess up yours:twofinger

shtbx 10-14-2002 08:07 PM

oooh maybe that'll help my shit,,,,my stock stabalizer leaks like a motherfuckah.....i've almost ate it sooo many times now, bein poor sucks

icehot113 10-14-2002 08:42 PM

there was a thread on gixxer.com a while ago about this, use heavier weight fork oil...
it might still be there, go check the "how to" forum on gixxer.com
-icehot113

dsbr6 10-15-2002 02:13 AM

Yo do what SOI said take out that crap oil they put in there and fill up that bad boy with some thick a$$ gear oil..if not that get a aftermarket one like a olines or scotts...it will in prove ur stopies 10 times fold;)

shtbx 10-15-2002 04:04 PM

some day i'll have enuff money to get a new stabalizer, and do my valves, and fix my headlight, and the countless other things i've been too broke to buy....dammit where's santa claus when you need him

SpeedyCycles 10-15-2002 06:00 PM

I am confused. I have the same problem. It just developed. I have a 98 750 w/ stock damper. I had on a Rennsport front, no problems, switched to a Dunlop and now I get a wobble when I am up high. My 900rr does not even have a damper and it is solid in a stoppie. Same rider, same tire pressure, different bike and the 750 with the Dunlop wobbles. ????

Frank

icehot113 10-15-2002 11:59 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sergeant [/i]
[B]Isometimes if you are too far off the seat it just does it ...[/B][/QUOTE]
i think ur right, u just have so much weight on the front tire and not enough on the tail that it moves to a side and u correct it and it just starts a chain reaction....

-icehot113

Johnny Kula 10-16-2002 02:40 AM

Idonno, but I seem to get tank slappers in stoppies all the time!

It's got to do with riding style...cause mine are pretty bad on no matter what bike...Once someone finds the exact cause, let me know, I'll change up my style.

I was rolling 200+ feet even with tank slappers too. Started Joe Brown style stoppies, took a digga with a nasty slappa at 50mph...Eeeyyyaaaa, knocked out cold and sent to the ER...LOL...

Now I'm trying to roll em 150 feet at under 40mph...height is the key...not speed...it'll come...

icehot113 10-16-2002 12:55 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DTE [/i]
[B]Now I'm trying to roll em 150 feet at under 40mph...height is the key...not speed...it'll come... [/B][/QUOTE]
yeah, getting them up high is the key, its hard to learn though, cuz of the fact there is no saving urself if u go too high.

sorry to hear about the ER trip..
-icehot113

chrisdte 10-19-2002 03:06 AM

ramifrazits and wrinkle grommets

well,

to start off: i am the man. you will listen to everything i have to say and then thank me for he advice!!! period.

you wanna hit hyperspeed on the daytona steering dampener using a scotts only screw...it is important that you have the correct and torquified amount of anal pressure in your steering stem lock nut. once you have this number correct, you must check your rim bearings to make sure that they are triangular, not circular. one of the most well known wive's tales is that bearings are circular. in fact this is not entirely true. back in the 1800's a man by the name of hoolio grandes invented the tubular ramifrazit bearings. these specially designed bearings fit into the wrinkle grommit cavity with exact precision.

after the wrinkle grommet has been correctly inserted, the stoppie will flow with such unbelievable velocity that your urethra will tingle. when this phenomenon occurs, immediately retain the use of your sex slave to film the occuring events. this will prove invaluable in your defense at the National Ramifrazit Coalition for Wrinkled Grommets seminar which is being held, in fact, next week at the Daytona International Speedway. Once you have masered this, simply apply the rear brake when in a stoppie....it is your fundamental humane responsibility to control this phenomenon... please do stoppies responsibly.

and remember:

i am God, i own your soul and your minds. heed all wisdom that pours forth from my abominal innards.

Teach aka Peach aka Chris aka the Dark Lord aka YOUR MASTER

Brian_C6 10-19-2002 11:27 AM

I can't stop laughing right now LMAO!!! :rolllaugh :rolllaugh :rolllaugh :rolllaugh

Lata,
Bri

RONNIE 10-19-2002 01:42 PM

hahaha!

LMGDAO LMGDAO!!!!!!:rolllaugh :rolllaugh :rolllaugh :rolllaugh :rolllaugh