Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   world record (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/10774-world-record.html)

cableguy 02-13-2003 08:23 AM

world record

in this months streetfighters mag they report some guy overseas setting the record for a backwards wheelie at 151.7mph! then he did a two up backwards wheelie with his wife at 137.6mph. i can barely do a regular wheelie on my boys tricycle but backwards?

mattdedes 02-13-2003 09:06 AM

yep, another story proving foreign dudes have us on lockdown with the stunts, were gettin owned by them! :twofinger

Lance__ 02-13-2003 10:37 AM

i wanna see. that theres a guy here with my crew that been trying to do backwards wheelies on his 929 but has only got little baby wheelies... i wanna see a vid

Raybone 02-13-2003 11:26 AM

thats just insane!!!!! at a 150 im tucked and paying the utmost attention to the road.....ahhh to each their own...whatever floats your boat i guess :confused:

psyco650 02-13-2003 11:45 AM

thats fucking crazy!!!:badcop :eek: :eek: :eek:

Schwartz 02-13-2003 12:52 PM

Worth It??

Some guy got Killed trying them. I am really sorry can't remeber the crew or the guys name but it was at a show the crew was from FLA some where. I wanna say the guys name was Steve.
Did anyone see footage of the fastest wheelie record? It's not like there ridding a wheelie thay just pick it threw time traps like less then 100 ft. The tire is only like 2-3 inchs off the ground. I bet the same thing goes for this backwards wheelie.

RedlineJimmy 02-13-2003 02:44 PM

Re: Worth It??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schwartz [/i]
[B]Some guy got Killed trying them. I am really sorry can't remeber the crew or the guys name but it was at a show the crew was from FLA some where. I wanna say the guys name was Steve. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep that was Carl Ohler from M.I Extremes at one of our "Underground" shows about 2yrs ago. That was a sad and crazy thing to witness :( . Not worth it in my book, but more power to those that still chose to risk it.

jay_9se7en3 02-13-2003 06:26 PM

Re: Re: Worth It??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedlineJimmy [/i]
[B]Yep that was Carl Ohler from M.I Extremes at one of our "Underground" shows about 2yrs ago. That was a sad and crazy thing to witness :( . Not worth it in my book, but more power to those that still chose to risk it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I remember hearing about that WAY long time ago on SBN. :( Not my cup of tea either, i am trying to get away from the whole fast wheelie thing, i can't wait to slow my wheelies down.

Evasiveactions1 02-13-2003 06:30 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lance Swentesky [/i]
[B]i wanna see. that theres a guy here with my crew that been trying to do backwards wheelies on his 929 but has only got little baby wheelies... i wanna see a vid [/B][/QUOTE] Tell your friend to stop while he's ahead...Our boy Carl from M.I Xtremes here in Fl was doing them really well untill they ended his life....There not worth dieing over...

GSE CHRIS 02-14-2003 10:51 AM

it is a very dangeris stunt that was a sad day that day i would not try it but im not your mother so do what you feel is best just think of how your famly would feel if know there son has died riding backwards trying to wheele i have seen it tack one fello stunter im shur that if people are out there trying these it wont be the last just be careful out

Nate-VMC 02-14-2003 12:36 PM

I want to see a video!!! That would make me bust a nut!

GSE CHRIS 02-14-2003 10:14 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nate-CBR [/i]
[B]I want to see a video!!! That would make me bust a nut! [/B][/QUOTE]

SEE A VIDEO OF WHAT

skillz 02-14-2003 10:47 PM

backward wheelies are cool if the person rockn them has every other trick on lock other then that i think its a far to risky stunt attempted by people starving for attention who cant get it any other way.

shugga 02-15-2003 03:06 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GSE CHRIS [/i]
[B]SEE A VIDEO OF WHAT [/B][/QUOTE]

A video of what this thread is about... a 151mph backwards wheelie.

Erika 02-15-2003 04:45 PM

USA= OWNED...:laughing

Gotta try new things that's what it's all about, Of course what happened to Carl was tragic and I would never take away from that, but if everyone stopped doing things cause someone died trying we wouldn't have a sport...Am I wrong?

And oh yeah....VID PLEASE!!!!!That's gotta be sick!!!!

TrikChik 02-15-2003 07:35 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BoyLandBabe [/i]
[B]USA= OWNED...:laughing

Gotta try new things that's what it's all about, Of course what happened to Carl was tragic and I would never take away from that, but if everyone stopped doing things cause someone died trying we wouldn't have a sport...Am I wrong?

And oh yeah....VID PLEASE!!!!!That's gotta be sick!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, tricks don't kill people, human error or mechanical failure maybe.:(

big dave 02-17-2003 07:23 AM

backwards wheelie-wrong

somebody is confused. the record was not for a wheelie, but for merely sitting backwards at 157 or whatver. a guy on a hayabusa did 136mph wheelie for 1 k...1/2 mile and thinks he's a pimp. the difference here in europe is that when these guys do something that we do daily they call guiness book. 136mph for 1/2 mile on a busa ain't shit, we don't call everytime we do it, we do it 'cause its normal...these guys do it to get their name out there...sad really. oh well later-bd

Erika 02-17-2003 11:49 AM

Re: backwards wheelie-wrong

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by big dave [/i]
[B]somebody is confused. the record was not for a wheelie, but for merely sitting backwards at 157 or whatver. a guy on a hayabusa did 136mph wheelie for 1 k...1/2 mile and thinks he's a pimp. the difference here in europe is that when these guys do something that we do daily they call guiness book. 136mph for 1/2 mile on a busa ain't shit, we don't call everytime we do it, we do it 'cause its normal...these guys do it to get their name out there...sad really. oh well later-bd [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm a bit confused here:confused: So what is it you're saying? He didn't do a backwards wheelie...and what in the who where????