Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Backwards Endo (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/1008-backwards-endo.html)

Ahigh 10-11-2002 03:05 AM

Backwards Endo

I'm wondering if anybody has done an endo rolling backwards on the front tire (IE: downhill).

Go up a hill, do a stoppie (the kind where you come to a complete stop holding the brake). If you go high enough (needs to be higher the less steep the hill is), letting off the brake will cause the front tire to tuck downhill and under instead of bringing the back tire back down. In this same situation, holding the brake will cause your back tire to come back down normally (you're not past the balance yet, but you're past the point where letting off the brake will save you from flipping the stoppie). Regrabbing the brake after letting off (quickly enough) will save the bike as it begins to roll backwards on the front tire downhill.

It is possible to go past the balance point on a stoppie, and use the reverse momentum and braking to recover back to the other side of the balance point. Braking too gradually once your past the balance point will be cause for flipping over forwards (although maybe more slowly and/or safely .. plus less distance to travel flipping a stoppie uphill).

Smooth braking should allow the rider to roll backwards for longer distances downhill on the front tire.

I know I'm an unknown in the stunt world. But if this hasn't been done yet on a sportbike, mention my name if you get the idea from me. That's all I ask in return for sharing this idea to do this stunt. I'm certainly trying to work up the nerve to try this myself .. but I care more about the stunt and stunting than I do about me doing this first. I've seen very similar things done before, and I know for a fact that the physics works out and that it is possible. I hope I'm first to do this stunt .. but if anybody wants to try to beat me .. go for it!

If somebody has already done this stunt, please let me know so I can hook up and get some pointers...

--
- Ahigh

Lance__ 10-11-2002 05:23 AM

yeah i am pretty sure its CRAZY DAN that does the backwards endos

RedlineJimmy 10-11-2002 07:04 AM

Nah...I think he is talking about the bike actually rolling backwards down a hill. I personally don't see it happening, but then again I guess anything is possible.

ProzaK 10-11-2002 08:49 AM

i think it is possible... i can do it on a bicycle... but if u flip over no big deal.... youd crash alot trying to do it but i bet u can do it

WETPAVEMENT 10-11-2002 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know what your talking about and I for one have neverthought about that.

Sounds wierd to try, I've done backwards wheelies, not the way you all think either. I'll sit on the bike roll backwards down the hill, slam on the rear break and pull back on the handle bars, pulling the front tire off the ground. yeah it's stupid but kinda funny.

skinny 10-11-2002 11:32 AM

Ahigh you should have the perfect hills in San Fan. I'm talkin about the ones I always see in the movies with cars jumpin down them.

MikeM 10-11-2002 01:49 PM

rolling backwards, seems like a good idea. I'm gonna try it as soon as it stops raining

Ahigh 10-12-2002 01:19 AM

Found it

So it is possible and people have been doing it. I did some searching and turned up this page:

[URL=http://users.aber.ac.uk/sjs9/setup/glossary.htm]Definition of backwards endo[/URL]

Backwards- Rolling Endo: Rolling Endo going backwards - usually done down a slope.

So there it is. But nobody I have heard of doing it on sportsbikes.

At least now I know it's possible.

Anybody done it? Seen it done?

--
- AHigh

Darius 10-12-2002 05:03 AM

Crazy dan where you at???? show'em waz up with the backwards crashing indo!!!!!

CRAZY DAN 10-12-2002 05:42 PM

im trying to put reverse on my bike

shit goldwings have it!

If someone can coast backwards fast enough, Im sure it can be done. dont think people will be coasting backwards 30 mph though! Never say never, look where this sport is now! Some of the tricks were unthinkable only a few months ago!!!

Wheelie Boy 10-12-2002 09:29 PM

yea, like switch back endos, now everyone and there momma are doin those now :twofinger

Ahigh 02-23-2008 12:43 PM

Re: Backwards Endo

Bumping this thread. All these years and nobody doing this trick yet?

ewalR1 02-23-2008 12:52 PM

All These Years And You Only Have 56 Posts.:lol

Ahigh 02-23-2008 01:05 PM

I won $150 beating Darius in a pro stunt competition in Sacramento a few days after this post. That was the beginning of my pro career. The end of it was about 30 seconds later.

I never wanted to turn pro, it happened on accident, and it was a slap in the face that I was spending too much time on my hobby and needed to focus more on work.

That focus on work has paid off. I'm now the most senior programmer at a game company working with a team that just finished the most popular video game of all time.

I don't regret my absence, even though I continue to support my stunt riding friends.

[url]http://www.red5studios.com/about/team/ahightower/[/url]

The $150 was nice, but the real job is so much better funded.

[url]http://www.benchmark.com/news/sv/2006/12_12_2006.php[/url]

This is where I spend all my time now instead of stunt riding. I'm more nerd than jock, as my friends who know me can attest.

--
- Ahigh

[QUOTE=ewalR1;3174850]All These Years And You Only Have 56 Posts.:lol[/QUOTE]

-SKETCHY- 02-23-2008 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
be CAREFUL as backwards endo's can lead to this :LOL
[ATTACH]301722[/ATTACH]

Ryan S 02-23-2008 02:04 PM

ok....who here HASNT beat darius?? lol sorry..just had to.

Ghini 02-23-2008 03:06 PM

ryan moore did atleast one on his motard. I don't remeber where the vid. is but he is on this site. He rolled an endo halfway up a landing ramp, came to a stop and then rolled it back down the ramp. I don't think he rolled it all the way back down but hes def. atleast tryed it to some success.

the landing ramp was for some demo he was doing... i think for ESD.

DEBO 02-23-2008 04:30 PM

[QUOTE=Ahigh;3174858]I won $150 beating Darius in a pro stunt competition in Sacramento a few days after this post. That was the beginning of my pro career. The end of it was about 30 seconds later.

I never wanted to turn pro, it happened on accident, and it was a slap in the face that I was spending too much time on my hobby and needed to focus more on work.

That focus on work has paid off. I'm now the most senior programmer at a game company working with a team that just finished the most popular video game of all time.

I don't regret my absence, even though I continue to support my stunt riding friends.

[url]http://www.red5studios.com/about/team/ahightower/[/url]

The $150 was nice, but the real job is so much better funded.

--
- Ahigh[/QUOTE]

Since I was at that competition, and remember the stoppie contest :LOL

Your old pal Alex Flores does them as well as Bill Dixon. Alex among others are riding wheelies backwards

Ahigh 02-23-2008 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=DEBO;3175089]Since I was at that competition, and remember the stoppie contest :LOL
[/QUOTE]

I deserve that. I didn't say I was good, I said I won!! Hahaa. Darius was already rolling slow wheelies and scraping back then. Bullo had just injured himself. Some other group had guys doing frog wheelies, but not much going on back then compared to now.

[QUOTE=DEBO;3175089]
Your old pal Alex Flores does them as well as Bill Dixon. Alex among others are riding wheelies backwards[/QUOTE]

Yeah this was so long ago and nobody was going for distance. If Alex competed he probably would have won.

Alex totally laughed at the fact that I won, meaning he thought it was a short distance. He was saying the same way. But whatever. Never wanted it, I was just having fun!!!! :YEAH and it was pretty cool that all my friends congratulated me and stuff.

Anyways, I'd love to see this backwards endo thing .. "reverse endo" or whatever.

Danger_Dave 02-23-2008 09:56 PM

sounds pretty dumb