Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   General Sportbike Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion)
-   -   Definition of a squid (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion/88363-definition-squid.html)

Ice Mike 08-27-2004 03:02 PM

Definition of a squid

I ride with alot of real layed back guys out here that don't bother showing off, and most don't have any interest in stunting or racing. They don't spend that much time bragging about their exhaust, etc. I really like riding with a group with a mentality like this. Riding for the love of riding, not to compensate for something else they lack. In my eyes whether a rider is really awesome, or can't do a damn thing but they are respectful and safe when riding together are the type of people that I think aren't squids even if they have no amazing skillz. On the other hand, It seems that most people that are trying to prove something every time they ride are squids even if they can do a few things. although once a rider starts getting good, you see alot less loud-mouthed BS from them. The thing that makes a squid in my eyes is bragging on riding abilities, and trying to look down on others that love to do the same thing that they do... Ride.

D-UNIT dem xpt 08-27-2004 03:07 PM

Re: Definition of a squid

squid(n) sk'w'id----1. someone that thinks they are bad ass because they have a bike. 2. someone thats a shitalker but sucks more dick then the hooker i had last night. 3. someone who is dangerous to ride around because they do dumb shit that they think is "cool". 4. "storytelllers"

iceberg 08-27-2004 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=Ice Mike]I ride with alot of real layed back guys out here that don't bother showing off, and most don't have any interest in stunting or racing. They don't spend that much time bragging about their exhaust, etc. I really like riding with a group with a mentality like this. Riding for the love of riding, not to compensate for something else they lack. In my eyes whether a rider is really awesome, or can't do a damn thing but they are respectful and safe when riding together are the type of people that I think aren't squids even if they have no amazing skillz. On the other hand, It seems that most people that are trying to prove something every time they ride are squids even if they can do a few things. although once a rider starts getting good, you see alot less loud-mouthed BS from them. The thing that makes a squid in my eyes is bragging on riding abilities, and trying to look down on others that love to do the same thing that they do... Ride.[/QUOTE]

well said :YEAH i have to say i think the bigest thing is the people that ride unsafe , now i know that stunt riding is unsafe but theres ways to make it safer like learn your limets befor trying shit so then you know whats pushing past the limits and whats just being unsafe and dumb. :2cents

bam 08-27-2004 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=D-UNIT dem xpt]squid(n) sk'w'id----1. someone that thinks they are bad ass because they have a bike. 2. someone thats a shitalker but sucks more dick then the hooker i had last night. 3. someone who is dangerous to ride around because they do dumb shit that they think is "cool". 4. "storytelllers"[/QUOTE]
Thank you...Webster...

420gixxer 08-27-2004 04:32 PM

squid-a small marine creature capable of short extremely fast bursts of speed,used for preditorial escape
squid- ^^^^^^^^^^^ but on a bike

mikeelliot 08-27-2004 05:23 PM

squirlly kid.

GoBo 08-27-2004 06:57 PM

:YEAH well said bro :cheers

jfboy 08-27-2004 08:50 PM

My Def Of A Squid !!!

[url]http://www.teamcalamari.com[/url]

When I first saw "squid" on the boards that's the first thing that came to mind. he he I used to have one of these and bought a few things from that website.

D-UNIT dem xpt 08-28-2004 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=bam]Thank you...Webster...[/QUOTE]

ur welcome young man....

weeble 08-28-2004 06:33 PM

just look at my avitar, yes i am a squid

Erik 08-28-2004 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=iceberg]well said :YEAH i have to say i think the bigest thing is the people that ride unsafe , now i know that stunt riding is unsafe but theres ways to make it safer like learn your limets befor trying shit so then you know whats pushing past the limits and whats just being unsafe and dumb. :2cents[/QUOTE]

This is what I go by. I know stunting isn't "Safe," but you can minimize your risks by taking things are your personal pace etc... It also helps when people know how to pick and chose where they decide to do their stunts(Ie. freeway traffic, industrial park, city street, or country road) I don't care if riding in the streets is "Gangsta" or what it may be. I personally think that shit's stupid, and hopefully darwinism catches up to the person who does it.

**Stepping off the soapbox now**

jackkyjackson 10-28-2012 09:29 AM

hiiiiiiiii thanks for the information it was very useful.. have a good day