Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   General Sportbike Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion)
-   -   You guys ever have problems with parts unl. fork seals versus stock? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion/47424-you-guys-ever-have.html)

bikerboy 12-05-2003 07:58 PM

You guys ever have problems with parts unl. fork seals versus stock?

I had them order me some fork seals and they got the ones from parts unlimited and not the stock ones. Have you had any bad luck with them versus the stock ones or do you feel they are pretty much the same sh!t......... Just diff name brands......

binder929rr 12-06-2003 11:22 AM

they are a different design. i bought them and was worried but i put them in and they go in without a fork seal driver, which makes it nice, and they held up about the same. i blow fork seals like it's my job so changing ease is what iwas looking at. they change really easy and i'm sure if my forks weren't screwed up they wouldn't leak. they held hte abuse longer than my stock ones did since i've been having fork problems.

bikerboy 12-06-2003 03:06 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by binder929rr [/i]
[B]they are a different design. i bought them and was worried but i put them in and they go in without a fork seal driver, which makes it nice, and they held up about the same. i blow fork seals like it's my job so changing ease is what iwas looking at. they change really easy and i'm sure if my forks weren't screwed up they wouldn't leak. they held hte abuse longer than my stock ones did since i've been having fork problems. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, how long did they last?

tt_four 12-07-2003 12:58 AM

what tools do you need to change the fork seals? i imagine mine are gonna start breaking eventually, it'd be nice to know i've got what i need before i start taking it apart

binder929rr 12-07-2003 10:45 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bikerboy [/i]
[B]Well, how long did they last? [/B][/QUOTE]

depends on how dirty they are, how much fluid you put in, how hard you drive...

mine usually last a month now with messed up forks.

Ridin Disorder 12-07-2003 11:40 PM

parts unlimited fork seals suck!!! i work at a shop and the ones from p.u. are definitely easier to put in and everything but stock or K&S fork seals are the way to go....those p.u./leak proof seals all suck. just my $.02

binder929rr 12-07-2003 11:48 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ridin Disorder [/i]
[B]parts unlimited fork seals suck!!! i work at a shop and the ones from p.u. are definitely easier to put in and everything but stock or K&S fork seals are the way to go....those p.u./leak proof seals all suck. just my $.02 [/B][/QUOTE]

mine all blow in equal time so the cheaper, easier to put in seals work best for me. if stock ones lasted longer then i'd spend the extra cash and time to use them.