Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   General Sportbike Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion)
-   -   Mobile Motorcycle Repair Who Would Use It? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion/172650-mobile-motorcycle-repair-who.html)

WHEELIE4U 10-31-2006 01:31 PM

Mobile Motorcycle Repair Who Would Use It?

i run a dealership here in richmond va,

been toying with the idea of offering mobile motorcycle repair.
the basics tires,brakes,oil changes,ect.

labor rate @ around $70 hr.

do you think there is a market for this service( i know most of u guys do you own work like myself) but do think i can sell this service?:shruggs

looking for input
thanks in advance

N/A 10-31-2006 01:43 PM

Re: Mobile Motorcycle Repair Who Would Use It?

As long as you off this service on a Sunday or something, then that'd probably be pretty cool. Not all of us have the luxury of having a spare wheel with a tire already mounted on it.

WHEELIE4U 10-31-2006 02:12 PM

[quote=Mr. Farley]As long as you off this service on a Sunday or something, then that'd probably be pretty cool. Not all of us have the luxury of having a spare wheel with a tire already mounted on it.[/quote]

weekends would be a must.
all the shops in my area including myself r closed on sun & mon
so we would run the truck on those days aswell.

thanks 4 the input:cheers

dizzie56 10-31-2006 02:16 PM

I like to do the work my self but i also work 6 days a week and dont have somethin that can change my tire so yeah, id prolly use it. specially since ur labor is bout 15 ta $20 cheaper than anythin ive seen round here

voided37 11-01-2006 12:22 AM

I'm hand to mouth already, NO SPARE CHANGE, but yeah man, in a big enough city area you could.
Good luck.

Tony L 11-01-2006 02:46 AM

you prob wouldn't sell to the stunt organization because a were poor and well if were riding we should know how to work on our own bikes. as for the general public you should be set if you set it up right. look at a big investment in those specialty tools for the bikes.

C6matt 11-01-2006 03:08 PM

You would have to cater to the harley/chopper croud as your primary customers... ;(really, what bike needs work more, a honda or a harley?)
and the harly owners do have more money on average that the stunt community.... :2cents

But I fix all my own stuff

Wheeliest 11-01-2006 03:24 PM

my g/f's dad got a flat tire on his VTX1800 and had to pay for a tow truck. If there was a mobile service that'd beat a tow truck.

WHEELIE4U 11-01-2006 05:08 PM

cruisers would surly make up alot of my customers, been talking with alot of my Ducati customers they seem to take to the idea as well((like harley riders ducati owners have [SIZE=4]lots of loot))[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]you guys are great thanks 4 the input :cheers [/SIZE]

Wheeliest 11-02-2006 11:34 AM

keep your business outta AZ though cause I may be doing this.

hulkmn069 11-02-2006 02:33 PM

i definately think all the cruiser guys would be down. i myself try not to let anyone touch my bike cept for the tires. and that's only cause i can't do them myself....anyhow i say throw it out there and good luck

Wheeliest 11-02-2006 03:45 PM

^^^ lol tires are easy you pansy.

I am practicly a self made million air from not spending money on tire changes..

running amuck 11-02-2006 04:23 PM

[quote=Wheeliest]^^^ lol tires are easy you pansy.

I am practicly a self made million air from not spending money on tire changes..[/quote]

lol.......

hulkmn069 11-02-2006 06:43 PM

i don't have any of the tools that i used to from my :fiddy besides i always hated changing tires on my dirtbike when i had to that shit usually hurt

WHEELIE4U 11-03-2006 08:46 AM

[quote=Wheeliest]keep your business outta AZ though cause I may be doing this.[/quote]

what kind of feed back have you recieved over there??

are you tying this to a shop or independent??

Wheeliest 11-03-2006 11:04 AM

I may be opening a a shop in a few years. it will include mobile repair etc..

WHEELIE4U 11-03-2006 11:08 AM

[quote=Wheeliest]I may be opening a a shop in a few years. it will include mobile repair etc..[/quote]

was going to do this with my shop, but at this point i may start it up independently:shruggs

look for me in AZ soon LOL

Wheeliest 11-06-2006 10:27 AM

Hey,

I hope you have a [highlight]heat stroke[/highlight]

MikeM 11-06-2006 10:32 AM

I wouldnt use it but i know alot of local riders who would

5thgear 11-06-2006 06:11 PM

I own a shop. Thought about doing mobile but we're swamped as it is. We offer a free pick up service and it works well

.I find doing things away from the shop always for some reason takes double the time and effort. If you can bill out 8hrs a day at the shop you will probably only bill out 4 hrs being mobile.

It's a nice idea like having a coffee bar in the shop or video games. But this stuff only sounds good and are real time wasters. If your a good mechanic with a great reputation people will bring there stuff to you.

Try to keep some free time for riding otherwise you just burn out and all bikes become the same.