Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Website Suggestions, Comments or Help (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/15-website-suggestions-comments-help)
-   -   More users on SBN right now then SL? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/15-website-suggestions-comments-help/864-more-users-sbn-right.html)

Goose 10-09-2002 05:12 PM

More users on SBN right now then SL?

I accidently was still subscribed for a thread over at SBN and so I got the email saying to go a look. Well I did, and there are people POSTING over there!!!!

And there were 60 users on, then I looked over here and there were only 46.

WOW, not trying to start drama.....BUT just bringing it people's attention that Fred is running a working website over there! 60 users....

Goose

shugga 10-10-2002 05:45 PM

This is from FRED himself... SBN owner/webmaster
Well since I know its pretty much out that Sportbikes.net is back up and running. The site is still on the same server thanks to Big Jim. Of course the website cannot handle the amount of traffic it used to get. Now since many people have found new homes and are very happy in there new places the website has less traffic and is able to handle the true sportbike riders out there.

I know many people are very happy with there new homes. I am very happy everyone found a place they can enjoy running and taking care of. Now that Stuntlife.com has taken the stunters this will help a lot in keeping thier traffic off the website.

The current idea for the website is trying to push it more towards
sportbikes in general and get rid of the leg humping, non riding bullshit that is out there. People that are just looking to chit chat and dont even have a bike have moved onto cycleforums.com and sportbikes.ws. Locals have finally started there own message board and giving it a shot. All these things are great in my eyes since trying to keep everyone located in one small area can get crazy as we all see :)

Fred

Oh and by the way, us stunters are some of the biggesta nd best leg humpers out there! We talk more smack and get offtopic more than anyone. We are the rebels and stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the update Fred and thanks for helping get us started here at StuntLife.com!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!:bs :cheers

10-10-2002 09:06 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sergeant [/i]
[B]Fred will do whatever with his site. Stuntlife will now host the stunt forums. As for why there are a few more on SBN than Stuntlife, it is because there are 17,000 members vs. 600. The pull on the stunt/freestyle riding is obviously a lot less than sportbikes in general.

Fred hasn't seemed to make up his mind on what he is going to do with the site. Its ultimately up to him, since he owns the domain name. Whatever he does we all support him. He gave us a link to the riding world virtually. Big props to that. He will also remain a friend of all the stuntlife.com forum members.

L8R,
-J [/B][/QUOTE]

Very well stated Sergeant.
The two boards are nothing in comparison. All the stunt sub-boards had a home on SBN once. It is the tool that brought us together, but we were a very small sub-section of the total size of SBN.
I was a long time member of SBN. The 357th member. For more than 2 years it was home for me. I am glad the stunt community has it's own home now though, there was always some kind of controversy between "stunters" and "riders" and the drama got old.
I hope all things work themselves out, things like this always seem to. Try not to compare sites against each other. Each one has many things that make it unique and different from the others.

Anthony

Fred 10-12-2002 10:53 AM

Well I guess I dont need to explain myself.. but I just love when people put drama into my life.. hahaha