Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Freestyle Motocross - FMX (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/142-freestyle-motocross-fmx)
-   -   Mx track in frederick county (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/142-freestyle-motocross-fmx/270957-mx-track-frederick-county.html)

LHaydn 01-06-2010 01:14 PM

Mx track in frederick county

I live on 375 acres in Thurmont, MD (10 mins outside frederick, md)
I would like to [SIZE=4][COLOR=yellow]open a MX Supercross practice track and FMX track[/COLOR][/SIZE] with ramps and maybe 1 day a foam pit. I want to take a poll to see if I could get enough traffic to run it. Please just send a message if this is something you would attend.
THANKS!!!!!

T/C 01-06-2010 01:50 PM

Re: Mx track in frederick county

I dont know about there... But it would be a pain in the ass to keep a FMX Track going... Very high risk would not want to know what it would be like to have your ass covered...

I know alot of the tracks down here have Free style jumps but unless you know the owner they wont let you jump on them.. And even then he is picky who does it.. Now on the track part.. If you have the equipment to keep it going and keep it watered and have the money to get the right type of dirt ... Go for it... Ther are normaly about 20 people a day at the tracks i run at on weekends during the winter $15 a person... During the summer they get packed ...

All and all it comes down to the fact of Can you keep it in shape and can you build it right... Most people i know if your track sucks they wont come I know a few tracks i wont go to because they cant build a jump right

LHaydn 01-06-2010 02:02 PM

hey good looking. as far as the fmx part, i know what a pain it will be b/c of it being 'dangerous' but ive been looking into waivers of liability to cover myself. i would like to think of a way that i could almost 'test' their ability b4 i let them on the ramps.

For the track part i want this somewhat lower key. i wanna limit the amount of people who come per day by having a sign up sheet on a website. im one of those kindda people that inless i can do it right, i wont do it. i have access to the equ. and the 3 fields i wanna use is right by a river sooo.
well, thanks and would love any other advice!

Turtle 01-06-2010 02:13 PM

Sounds cool man....wish I had the balls to do fmx stuff

T/C 01-06-2010 02:22 PM

You will need a water truck too.. Most places (Not saying you want to be like most) Do open on weekends and appointments during the weekdays.. Having a limited amount of riders when you start wont work out very well you will need to get riders coming first then after you get packed you could do sign ups...

And on the waivers.. That's what most use here But remember there will be loop holes everywhere in a waiver.. And im not sure if that would be able to protect you fully talk to a lawyer on that though...

LHaydn 01-06-2010 02:38 PM

Oh yea. im def gonna talk to a lawyer. and i do plan on a water truck. and good point about limitations at first. i know everyone finds loop wholes, so i will make sure im pretty covered. thanks again!

LHaydn 01-06-2010 02:41 PM

hey its not only fmx but supercross practice track too. would u come??

T/C 01-06-2010 02:51 PM

[quote=LHaydn;4232694]hey its not only fmx but supercross practice track too. would u come??[/quote]

Yup i would come Im always for trying out new tracks. (I am in texas though so might be a bit of a haul) :LOL

LHaydn 01-06-2010 03:17 PM

ha yea u r. lol. i thought i posted it to the other guy. well if ur ever in the area would love to have u!!!!

Turtle 01-06-2010 06:59 PM

what kind of bikes do you have up your way? do you stunt at all or just motorcross?

Jay17ray 01-22-2010 06:48 PM

[quote=LHaydn;4232608]I live on 375 acres in Thurmont, MD (10 mins outside frederick, md)
I would like to [SIZE=4][COLOR=yellow]open a MX Supercross practice track and FMX track[/COLOR][/SIZE] with ramps and maybe 1 day a foam pit. I want to take a poll to see if I could get enough traffic to run it. Please just send a message if this is something you would attend.
THANKS!!!!![/quote]

Ok.. so im from thurmont :) down in NC now.. so i def know you could get a track up there you just need the right publicity. and honestly opening up a "stunt spot" of level pavement may not be a bad idea. where in Thurmont are you at??