Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   XR50 & Minibike Forums (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums)
-   -   Still a total squid but havin fun.... (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums/270571-still-total-squid-but.html)

99CBRXX 12-30-2009 02:30 PM

Still a total squid but havin fun....

[URL]http://www.vimeo.com/8444193[/URL] Tips, criticism, hate mail....send it all...let me know what you think.

tyler50stunter 12-30-2009 04:21 PM

Re: Still a total squid but havin fun....

[quote=99CBRXX;4228284][URL]http://www.vimeo.com/8444193[/URL] Tips, criticism, hate mail....send it all...let me know what you think.[/quote]

not badd.. gota get used to bein on camera. i no its hard even if know sumones guna record it or sumthin.

ReSpECT 12-30-2009 06:01 PM

Lookin good, keep up the practice. Seat time is the only thing that will teach you how to do it......And i cant hate on a guy who is in the same boat that we were all in at one time. No matter how good some of us may seem. We all know what ur dealing with when ur first starting.....Just keep doing what ur doing. It will all start coming to you in a matter of no time. You learn more and more each time the front wheel leaves the ground...=-)

cullins 12-30-2009 06:41 PM

Did i whatch the right video. Everyday normal guy song? Im not givin you shit we where all there once but im just surprised your not recieving any hate yet after two posts.

LILFIFTY 12-30-2009 10:11 PM

hey looks like me riding mine around lol accept i wish i could get the rear tire off the ground mine just wont' come up! and maybe i should start draging my feet like that did it help you at all for balance? i'm just tryign to sit on the bike and rock the wheel up and i always end up curving one way or the other some times i go straight very rarely

99CBRXX 12-30-2009 11:15 PM

the feet thing helped me get better w/ the throttle control, so far as balancing side to side you still gotta watch. i'm slowly trying to get the feet off the ground but it's a real awkward feeling for me riding leaned back like that so as soon as i get my handbrake i'll concentrate more on keepin my feet on the pegs. And for the endos tighten the adjuster nut on the brake arm til the pad has almost no play in it. i only have to lightly touch my lever to bring the rear up, just be smooth and shift your weight up to the front.

ReSpECT 12-31-2009 02:58 AM

The handbrake has always been my "oh shit" button. Its nice to know u have something to stop it when it gets away from you. When learning (like u are), i had several times i gave it too much throttle. Little beast jumped out from under me and there wasnt shit i could do about it, LoL. When i got the handbrake i started using it for the "oh shit" button. After i got my feet off the ground, i started learning the rear foot brake. After learning the foot brake, THEN i moved onto the handbrake. Now i dont use much brake at all, except for more complex tricks. The 50 has enough engine brake to control. But controling the engine brake will come in time. Keep learning the way u are and u will be fine.....Be careful and wear ur gear. Words can not express how important (atleast a helmet) is for the guys that are learning.....=-)

BEHRENDS50 12-31-2009 04:31 PM

yea i loved the hand brake for learning i did exactly what you did about 80 times, but another thing i tried was wheelying on a hill to learn and then i finally moved to flat ground, i just found it easier for some reason

LILFIFTY 01-01-2010 03:49 PM

[quote=99CBRXX;4228559]the feet thing helped me get better w/ the throttle control, so far as balancing side to side you still gotta watch. i'm slowly trying to get the feet off the ground but it's a real awkward feeling for me riding leaned back like that so as soon as i get my handbrake i'll concentrate more on keepin my feet on the pegs. And for the endos tighten the adjuster nut on the brake arm til the pad has almost no play in it. i only have to lightly touch my lever to bring the rear up, just be smooth and shift your weight up to the front.[/quote]

my brake is almost maxed out as is maybe my cable is stretched? cuz yea i can lock on them as hard as i can and lean as far forward as i want and can't even make the tire come off the ground but last night in our drunken new years state i was bunny hopping my fifty so maybe i'll try an lift the rear a bit and get it to come up

99CBRXX 01-02-2010 04:42 PM

just got my stunt pegs and handbrake today....ate pavement hard on the first try....i've come to the conclusion that i'm gonna spend alot of time sore and bleeding.

ReSpECT 01-02-2010 05:53 PM

[quote=99CBRXX;4229727]just got my stunt pegs and handbrake today....ate pavement hard on the first try....i've come to the conclusion that i'm gonna spend alot of time sore and bleeding.[/quote]

Success comes with a price. You cant steal 2nd base with your foot on 1st...=-)

99CBRXX 01-02-2010 05:58 PM

true dat

LILFIFTY 01-02-2010 08:07 PM

nice i wish i woulda got the HB right away wit the pegs i almost eat it every time i try them cuz i got no rear brake coverage

jimG 01-03-2010 12:21 PM

youll get there man,keep at it, dont let the fear of getting hurt get in the way or youll never progress.with a little more practice and learning to use your brakes just right you wont get hurt as much and your confidence will build fast

kidblooper 01-03-2010 12:31 PM

HA HA thanks for posting the video ! atleast I know i'm not the only one doing it :)

tony.b 01-04-2010 11:06 AM

not bad.
thats how i started out when i first got my fiddy.
just ride everyday and you'll get better