Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   XR50 & Minibike Forums (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums)
-   -   crf 50 cam cover (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums/268461-crf-50-cam-cover.html)

BEHRENDS50 11-18-2009 04:15 PM

crf 50 cam cover

need to know how to get the stock cam cover off and anything else that would be helpful thanks

Luck Runs Out.. 11-18-2009 05:20 PM

Re: crf 50 cam cover

If you have to ask that question, you need one of these: [url]http://www.xr50.com/cysema.html[/url]

BEHRENDS50 11-18-2009 05:26 PM

y in the hell would i buy that if i can just ask someone, im just trying to replace the cam cover lol

XRshfifty 11-18-2009 06:10 PM

Loosen the bolt on the opposite side of the head for the cam cover you want off.

Luck Runs Out.. 11-18-2009 08:28 PM

[quote=BEHRENDS50;4197699]y in the hell would i buy that if i can just ask someone, im just trying to replace the cam cover lol[/quote]

And so is the problem with the youth of today. Here, let me spoon feed you why in the hell you should buy that instead of being a pussy and asking someone.

To further your knowledge.

You get the book, and over time, you learn more about your bike so you don't have to come on here and ask about ONE BOLT. Your lack of mechanical aptitude is blindingly obvious in your question of how to remove the cam cover. First time I pulled one of these engines apart, it took me less time to figure out how to take the cam cover off (without a manual), than it did you to pound out your original festering belch of wisdom. So now that you have it off, what are you doing in there? If you can't figure that simple task out for yourself, then you surely are above your head when it comes to what lies under that cover. And that's why you should get the manual, dim-dim. So that when you finally figure out that the bolt goes left, not right, to remove it, you're not standing there like a drooling simp wondering, "duuuurrrrhhhh... what now?" Read the fucking manual, champ. It's how you learn and keep yourself from looking like some stupid inbred meatslapper on the boards.

And I know I just destroyed your vagina, so go ahead and reply. You know I'm right, and you know I'm waiting.

BEHRENDS50 11-18-2009 09:40 PM

dude how old r u?

Luck Runs Out.. 11-18-2009 11:49 PM

First off, don't type to me like you're texting your 15 year old girlfriend. Your keyboard has all 26 letters in the alphabet, as well as a shift key and every punctuation mark you could ever need. Start using them. You'll sound smarter and people will take you more seriously.

As far as my age, I'm old enough to know how to figure shit out on my own without running to a message board with every little insignificant issue I run into. Do you have any idea how flooded this board would be if I asked about every little problem that came up while I was mounting that turbo on my pit bike?

What angle should the turbine shaft be at in relation to horizontal? How many degrees can the oil return outlet be away from vertical? Where do I tap in for oil feed? Where do I run the oil return to? What size carb? Draw through or blow through? Will I need an intercooler? Where's the compressor and turbine maps? What CFM will my engine move and will it be enough to spool the turbo? What should I set the wastegate at? How big should the charge pipe and exhaust be? How many pie cuts will I need for the charge pipe? What angle should the pie cuts be? Will I need to rejet my carb? What should my heat and wire speed settings be on my welder for the various thickness of metals I'm working with?

You think I'd get anything done if I blabbered on with all that? Fuck no. First off, because half the people on here wouldn't know, and second of all, I'd be waiting a week for someone to reply... then I'd have to hope they're not some asshole 19 year old with a keyboard and half a clue giving out bad info based on what their other asshole 19 year old friends told them, and not on actual first hand experience. Besides, I've run into those questions in the past and guess what... I BOUGHT BOOKS ON THE MATTER! Yep, I went to Barns & Noble and spent about a hundred bucks on every book covering turbos, forced induction, engine design and fluid dynamics, and spent about six months educating myself. Yeah, I asked some questions, but there weren't about shit I can look up in a goddamn book readily available to me.

So go spend your goddamn $28 on that manual and come back when you have a real problem that's not covered in the book, like indexing the cam or unshrouding the valves.

BEHRENDS50 11-19-2009 03:35 PM

aha u tried to make fun of me for having a 15 year old gf when i am 15 bud nice job on that one and u r taking this thing way farther than it should go

50Outlaw 11-19-2009 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=Luck Runs Out..;4197910]First off, don't type to me like you're texting your 15 year old girlfriend. Your keyboard has all 26 letters in the alphabet, as well as a shift key and every punctuation mark you could ever need. Start using them. You'll sound smarter and people will take you more seriously.

As far as my age, I'm old enough to know how to figure shit out on my own without running to a message board with every little insignificant issue I run into. Do you have any idea how flooded this board would be if I asked about every little problem that came up while I was mounting that turbo on my pit bike?

What angle should the turbine shaft be at in relation to horizontal? How many degrees can the oil return outlet be away from vertical? Where do I tap in for oil feed? Where do I run the oil return to? What size carb? Draw through or blow through? Will I need an intercooler? Where's the compressor and turbine maps? What CFM will my engine move and will it be enough to spool the turbo? What should I set the wastegate at? How big should the charge pipe and exhaust be? How many pie cuts will I need for the charge pipe? What angle should the pie cuts be? Will I need to rejet my carb? What should my heat and wire speed settings be on my welder for the various thickness of metals I'm working with?

You think I'd get anything done if I blabbered on with all that? Fuck no. First off, because half the people on here wouldn't know, and second of all, I'd be waiting a week for someone to reply... then I'd have to hope they're not some asshole 19 year old with a keyboard and half a clue giving out bad info based on what their other asshole 19 year old friends told them, and not on actual first hand experience. Besides, I've run into those questions in the past and guess what... I BOUGHT BOOKS ON THE MATTER! Yep, I went to Barns & Noble and spent about a hundred bucks on every book covering turbos, forced induction, engine design and fluid dynamics, and spent about six months educating myself. Yeah, I asked some questions, but there weren't about shit I can look up in a goddamn book readily available to me.

So go spend your goddamn $28 on that manual and come back when you have a real problem that's not covered in the book, like indexing the cam or unshrouding the valves.[/QUOTE]

i like this guy :cheers

BEHRENDS50 11-19-2009 04:40 PM

i really dont get this i made a small joke, and u guys turn it into something huge?

50Outlaw 11-19-2009 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=BEHRENDS50;4198306]i really dont get this i made a small joke, and u guys turn it into something huge?[/QUOTE]

huge?

BEHRENDS50 11-19-2009 04:49 PM

Yea he's using all of these reasons of why im stupid and shit like that, and he said he was reading books for 6 months, ive been stunting for just about 6 months so I havent really had any time to take my bike all apart and look at it, nor do i really have the time

Luck Runs Out.. 11-19-2009 06:23 PM

[quote=BEHRENDS50;4198311]Yea he's using all of these reasons of why im stupid and shit like that, and he said he was reading books for 6 months, ive been stunting for just about 6 months so I havent really had any time to take my bike all apart and look at it, nor do i really have the time[/quote]

If you have the time to ask the question on here, you have the time to buy the manual and when it arrives, look it up yourself.

I've been stunting exactly once and I suck ass. My excuse is that I've only done it once, but I have done a lot of reading on what all sorts of techniques you guys use, and now it's a matter of me applying what I've read. You don't see me posting a million threads about how to do a wheelie (I can't do one yet), how to feel for a balance point (haven't gotten that down yet either), bla bla bla. I did ask how much oil to put in so it doesn't run dry when the front wheel is in the air, but only because the SEARCH function didn't cover it, nor does my service manual. I'm not faulting you for not knowing how to take the cam cover off... I'm faulting you to be too dense to realize that a service manual will benefit you far more than asking a simple question on here and too dumb to know when experience is talking to you. Sure, you were spoon fed the right answer, but then what? Do you know what to torque that bolt to? No... so then you'll have to waste our time looking shit up for you when you could go find it on your own. Hey, everyone has to start somewhere... first time I tried to work on something was when I was ten- I tried to rebuild the carb on a lawnmower and failed miserably. Then my dad gave me the service manual and watched over my back while I read and learned and rebuilt the carb successfully.

You're 15? Your Myspace says you're 19... better go change that before some pedo tries to put their finger in your butt. When I was 15, I was porting heads, line boring blocks and learning how to TIG weld. We also didn't have the internet back then, so we had to learn shit the real way, and it put hair on our chests and made our balls drop.

You don't have to take your bike apart. Go buy that manual and spend some time reading it. Whenever I get a new bike, the first thing I do is download the manual and go through it to familiarize myself with it. Hey, a page or two a night is all it takes... don't memorize it, but do get a feel for the layout so you can find the info you need quickly.

ReSpECT 11-20-2009 12:39 AM

[quote=Luck Runs Out..;4198371]You're 15? Your Myspace says you're 19... better go change that before some pedo tries to put their finger in your butt. [/quote]

:LOL :whoopass:

I fell out of my chair when i read that shit.....=-)

prickster 11-20-2009 09:41 AM

:popcorn: Wow, this is too funny.

ownage 11-20-2009 06:07 PM

luck runs out your a fuckin dickhead...i guess bikers cant help each other out, wow it's a simple thing to do either post the answer in this thread or TROLL along...and fuck buying a manual for a phifty dude, keep asking questions and search google, [URL="http://www.planetminis.com"]www.planetminis.com[/URL] [URL="http://www.thumpertalk.com"]www.thumpertalk.com[/URL] ...you don't and shouldn't put up with some internet asshole who wants to copy and paste off the wall bullshit inside a little ole xr/crf 50 subforum...and anyone who has a problem with the dude asking a question,....it's not like you haven't before.

BEHRENDS50 11-20-2009 06:11 PM

:cheersi like this guy

ownage 11-20-2009 06:13 PM

and dude search youtube there are a few videos out there about the motor and stuff and ryan moore @ [url]www.50stunt.com[/url] has a really good video section of howTO's ...even pulling apart the forks.

BEHRENDS50 11-20-2009 06:17 PM

yea ill just look around but thanks

ownage 11-20-2009 06:18 PM

[quote=BEHRENDS50;4199172]:cheersi like this guy[/quote]

it's people like him that make forums shit...and like shifty said just remove the bolt on the other side and it's a long bolt that threads into the cover..if that makes sense?