Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   XR50 & Minibike Forums (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums)
-   -   cherry pickers - how to? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums/217281-cherry-pickers-how.html)

jsteezy 03-29-2008 01:37 PM

cherry pickers - how to?

so ive had a fifty for goin on 3 summers.

ive got the some of the harder tricks down - poduim circles, figure 8s stag & and sitdown, and can do just about everything ive seen others do.

but i cant figure out how to learn cherry pickers. i can launch ok but i cant figure out how to jive the bike. i always end up coming down soon because i cant keep square on top of the bars.

anyone have any pointers?

Shawn742 03-29-2008 09:07 PM

Re: cherry pickers - how to?

I assume you're talking about unicycles? Sorry can''t help you there haha

jsteezy 03-31-2008 05:26 PM

ya unicycles sorry ive heard them called both.

i can consistantly ride them out a short 10-15ft before i fall left/right & bail.

anyone have any pointers? i keep my ass square on the bars but maybe i should sit closer to the fender? i cant figure out how to counterbalance to stay straight

MikeM 03-31-2008 05:27 PM

Cherry picker's when you spin the front tire with your foot

old man roger 03-31-2008 05:38 PM

i always want to try that trick but i only ride freinds fiddy's and i don't want to wreck there bikes...

not riding it on a twelve bar either just a wheelie sitting infront of the bars

Lenzin 04-01-2008 01:04 AM

that trick fukin bafles me.................

I think im just too short and fat to even get up on the front of the bike.

nags 04-01-2008 01:07 AM

I only did it a few times but just yanked the shit out of it while standing in the front and held on for the ride

JohnnyBmore 04-01-2008 01:27 AM

[QUOTE=jsteezy;3226338]ya unicycles sorry ive heard them called both.

i can consistantly ride them out a short 10-15ft before i fall left/right & bail.

anyone have any pointers? i keep my ass square on the bars but maybe i should sit closer to the fender? i cant figure out how to counterbalance to stay straight[/QUOTE]

talk to boyd ... he can do one handers & circles all kinds of shit in the unicycle position

jsteezy 04-01-2008 09:04 PM

[quote=JohnnyBmore;3227056]talk to boyd ... he can do one handers & circles all kinds of shit in the unicycle position[/quote]

ok..

i can consistantly launch. i keep my right foot planted best i can on the rearset and stand with the left. gas & jump. timing is similar to learning a sitdown in first. i just cant figure out the right posture.

do i learn forward or backwards? do i counter balance by turning the bars or by leg leverage? i just cant figure out how to "learn how to learn" this