Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   XR50 & Minibike Forums (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums)
-   -   ttr 50 blowin oil (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums/200177-ttr-50-blowin-oil.html)

potassium26 09-03-2007 12:53 AM

ttr 50 blowin oil

ok my month 1/2 old ttr50 is blowing oil out the exaust.well that and a lot of white smoke.any idea's what could be wrong?

__sam__ 09-03-2007 02:37 PM

Re: ttr 50 blowin oil

month and 1/2 old as brand new? take it back to the dealer. maybe the rings didn't seat right and its blowin oil that way. if its not the dealers problem anymore, and its not losing power, ride it till it won't run, then rebuild it. unless its alot of oil. but, really, i think if its blowin oil the only way to fix it, is to take it apart anyway. so might as well put new stuff in it (big bore ):YEAH

Sean24 09-03-2007 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=potassium26;2924170]ok my month 1/2 old ttr50 is blowing oil out the exaust.well that and a lot of white smoke.any idea's what could be wrong?[/QUOTE]

its a yamaha.

buy a xr/crf

Ghini 09-04-2007 11:21 AM

same thing happend to my ttr, there is a "shaped" vent tube from the case to the stock intake box. if the bike is tipped to its side, oil from the case ends up in the intake and you konw the rest. i pulled off that stupid shaped vent tube and used the tank vent tube and ran it from the case down between the swing arm & frame. if you route it between the swing arm and frame make sure you pay attention to put in a spot where it wont get pinched...pinched case vent = baaadddd. you'll have to take your stock intake off and clean all the oil out of it too or it will keep smoking every now and again. or you could go to pepgirls and get a breather and just put the breather on the case there. either way will work fine.

[T-Roy] 09-04-2007 12:18 PM

[quote=Sean24;2924991]its a yamaha.

buy a xr/crf[/quote]

word.

potassium26 09-07-2007 11:39 PM

well they said there was a quart of oil in the air box and 1/2 quart in the exhaust.:banghead

E-Loc540 09-11-2007 10:38 PM

[quote=Ghini;2926118]same thing happend to my ttr, there is a "shaped" vent tube from the case to the stock intake box. if the bike is tipped to its side, oil from the case ends up in the intake and you konw the rest. i pulled off that stupid shaped vent tube and used the tank vent tube and ran it from the case down between the swing arm & frame. if you route it between the swing arm and frame make sure you pay attention to put in a spot where it wont get pinched...pinched case vent = baaadddd. you'll have to take your stock intake off and clean all the oil out of it too or it will keep smoking every now and again. or you could go to pepgirls and get a breather and just put the breather on the case there. either way will work fine.[/quote]

kinda what I was thinking....also, even if you bike doesnt have a PCV hose into your air box you can still get oil into your motor/muffler if the bike sits on its side (usually a couple hours/days) motor oil can seep past your rings depending on how you bike is layed over...

E-Loc540 09-11-2007 10:40 PM

[quote=potassium26;2931669]well they said there was a quart of oil in the air box and 1/2 quart in the exhaust.:banghead[/quote]

I dont know what to say, someone was messing with the bike....

potassium26 09-11-2007 11:55 PM

and i dont see how it had the oil there cuz the bike had training wheels on it till i took them off to put it in the shop.i did have it at 12v a few times that must have did it:banghead

Ghini 09-12-2007 12:13 PM

ooo i dunno then man good luck with that, i've never had any oil problems with my fiddy 12'd. if i were u i'd just start taking everything apart until you find the prob.

mx_mayhem07 09-27-2007 08:12 PM

Mine had the same problem whenever u'd drag knee on it. Cant let those guys tip too long.