Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   XR50 & Minibike Forums (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums)
-   -   anyone use the footbrake? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums/170216-anyone-use-footbrake.html)

jsteezy 09-30-2006 09:10 PM

anyone use the footbrake?

so i recently bought a fiddy and have found it to be a somewhat smooth transition from the big bike.

my only prob is i have a hard time bustin out long wheelies with just the footbrake. im not super smooth on the throttle yet but everytime i do a (50ft+) 2nd gear wheelie i eventually lock up the back tire. my reflex 'tap' on the footbrake usually locks it up. i know the slower speeds require better footbrake work but for now i have no desire to do pinned 3rd gear wheelies. do i need to learn to feather the footbrake or is it worth investing in a handbrake just for the sitdown stuff? :shruggsnever useds a handbrake on a 50. thanks guys

randomjibrish 09-30-2006 10:00 PM

Re: anyone use the footbrake?

eveybody uses the footbrake...learn it...worship it....well..use it...

GundamnitPete 09-30-2006 10:06 PM

footbrake.

if your locking the rear tire up IN A WHEELIE with your footbrake, you are a god among insects.

Boosted Wagon 09-30-2006 11:34 PM

deff. get good with the rear brake...maybe you could adjust it to make it less touchy

randomjibrish 10-01-2006 12:00 AM

[QUOTE=GundamnitPete]footbrake.

if your locking the rear tire up IN A WHEELIE with your footbrake, you are a god among insects.[/QUOTE]
haha..ive tried locking it up...didnt work out well at all....

shawn_lxhxc 10-01-2006 12:17 PM

def learn the foot break before you go to hand break hand break is in my opinion for staggards and wheelies with stunt pegs when i am sitting it is all footbreak if it is locking up on you maybe back off the break arm a lil thats what i did you have to push the lever a bit harder but i was doing the same thing

moorport 10-01-2006 01:05 PM

Practice that footbrake till you got it mastered. It takes some time to get the touch needed to keep it in a wheely without slammin the front wheel down, usually just a light push on the pedal to keep it in the spot.

kneedragn50 10-02-2006 05:37 AM

[QUOTE=randomjibrish]eveybody uses the footbrake...learn it...worship it....well..use it...[/QUOTE]

ha ha.....that's fo sho

jsteezy 10-02-2006 09:32 PM

adjusting it did the trick, its like night and day. no idea why i didnt think of it earlier myself. transitioning from a big bike with alot of footbrake play to a 50 with no footbrake play was becoming frustrating and it turns out it was set tight right out of the dealership. for the most part the wheelies have been all throttle control but tweaking the footbrake play has worked wonders.:YEAH

shawn_lxhxc 10-02-2006 10:13 PM

congrats bro rock em and sock em