Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   XR50 & Minibike Forums (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums)
-   -   Xr100 (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/13-xr50-minibike-forums/160602-xr100.html)

Mike_D 06-06-2006 01:45 AM

Xr100

Ive been riding my friends 50s with overbores alot lately, starting to get somewhat comfortable with stunting them despite eating asphault twice lol, and im looking to get my own bike, but want something alittle bigger. Ive ridden my friends XR70 and wasnt too fond of it, seems really heavy and slow after getting used to the 82 and 88cc..

Ive been looking into XR100s. Ive never ridden a bike with a manual clutch before, and want to get a bike when I get done with college, so I figured this would be a good bike to learn on. Are they similar at all to the 70 in comparison? Or am I going the wrong way with this. Any advice is greatly appreciated, im a n00b with all this. Hope this is in the right forum too, figured a 100 falls in here.. Thanks :)

*Tanus* 06-06-2006 02:32 AM

Re: Xr100

yeah, xr100 are sweet, even better then a 50 for learning on cause you learn the clutch and throttle n brake

Crazy D 06-07-2006 02:52 AM

Buying a bike before you know how to ride it is not a good idea .

A friend of mine did this . He bought an fzr 600 . Dumped it the first day . :YEAH

If you are gonna be riding on the road , go get your riding permit at the DMV . (in Illinois it is just a written test like 25 questions . They give you a book to study) .

Then sign up for a riding course thru your county or local college . It is usually like $20 bucks . They supply the bikes . Honda 125 rebels or similar .

Sometimes your state will give you the money back after you go get your Motorcycles license .

It sounds gay , but you will learn alot about hazzards of the road :2cents

The xr is a good bike to learn on , but anything will do . Even a fiddy with a manual clutch .

louisvillerider 06-07-2006 10:02 AM

xr100's are decent for stunting, but lack power.. you have to bounce them up harder than a 50 clutching them up doesnt get you anywhere, so its not that much like riding a big bike.... i just use the clutch to loose some speed while riding it and coming back too far (no HB) or to loose speed in circles
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/louisvillecpl24/100_1843.jpg[/IMG]
go with a beefed up 50

Crazy D 06-07-2006 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=louisvillerider]xr100's are decent for stunting, but lack power.. you have to bounce them up harder than a 50 clutching them up doesnt get you anywhere, so its not that much like riding a big bike.... i just use the clutch to loose some speed while riding it and coming back too far (no HB) or to loose speed in circles
go with a beefed up 50[/QUOTE]What did you get banned for at fiddylife ?

*Tanus* 06-07-2006 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=louisvillerider]xr100's are decent for stunting, but lack power.. you have to bounce them up harder than a 50 clutching them up doesnt get you anywhere, so its not that much like riding a big bike.... i just use the clutch to loose some speed while riding it and coming back too far (no HB) or to loose speed in circles
go with a beefed up 50[/QUOTE]
my buddy's clutchs straight up just like a streetbike

Towlieee 06-07-2006 05:10 PM

[QUOTE=Crazy D]Buying a bike before you know how to ride it is not a good idea .

A friend of mine did this . He bought an fzr 600 . Dumped it the first day . :YEAH

If you are gonna be riding on the road , go get your riding permit at the DMV . (in Illinois it is just a written test like 25 questions . They give you a book to study) .

Then sign up for a riding course thru your county or local college . It is usually like $20 bucks . They supply the bikes . Honda 125 rebels or similar .

Sometimes your state will give you the money back after you go get your Motorcycles license .

The xr is a good bike to learn on , but anything will do . Even a fiddy with a manual clutch .[/QUOTE]

dude its a dirt bike..

not a street bike lol

a crf100 or xr100 is soo easy to learn on..

my crf50 with a stage 3 88 kit is actually a tad faster then a stock crf100

louisvillerider 06-07-2006 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=Crazy D]What did you get banned for at fiddylife ?[/QUOTE]

whiney ass bit@hes... reason was "flamming and Spamming" i posted a fiddylifestyle.com video.... it was titled fiddylifestyle.com first ride. got banned once before for making a signature out of their artwork (lil sillouette of guy doing HC on a 50) so once they banned me i ripped all their artwork, and my buddy now cuts them out into VINYL DECALS...... thatks fiddylife :YEAH you dikk sukerz

Mike_D 06-07-2006 07:59 PM

[quote=Crazy D]Buying a bike before you know how to ride it is not a good idea .

The xr is a good bike to learn on , but anything will do . Even a fiddy with a manual clutch .[/quote]

Im not going to be riding it on the street, I meant I want to get used to a bike with a manual clutch. Im planning on getting my license as soon as I can. Moving to illinois for school next month, and I dont turn 18 untill after I move- the parents refuse to sign for me getting my license. :shruggs I assume its the same as getting your temps and drivers license when your 16 and they have to sign, being a minor and all, so I havent signed up for any classes since it would be pointless if I couldnt even get the license yet.

[quote=louisvillerider]xr100's are decent for stunting, but lack power.. you have to bounce them up harder than a 50 clutching them up doesnt get you anywhere, so its not that much like riding a big bike.... i just use the clutch to loose some speed while riding it and coming back too far (no HB) or to loose speed in circles
go with a beefed up 50[/quote]

I was originally going to get a 50 and a big bore, but the size of them is getting boring to me. I would rather get a bigger bike, just not full size yet.

Crazy D 06-08-2006 02:53 AM

[QUOTE=Towlieee]dude its a dirt bike..

not a street bike lol

a crf100 or xr100 is soo easy to learn on..

my crf50 with a stage 3 88 kit is actually a tad faster then a stock crf100[/QUOTE]I know what a xr 100 is .

I thought he meant he was gonna get a big bike after college .

I still say take a rider course :2cents

BTW read the last sentence in the post . Perhaps you missed it

Crazy D 06-08-2006 03:07 AM

[QUOTE=louisvillerider]whiney ass bit@hes... reason was "flamming and Spamming" i posted a fiddylifestyle.com video.... it was titled fiddylifestyle.com first ride. got banned once before for making a signature out of their artwork (lil sillouette of guy doing HC on a 50) so once they banned me i ripped all their artwork, and my buddy now cuts them out into VINYL DECALS...... thatks fiddylife :YEAH you dikk sukerz[/QUOTE]I don't know if that whiney ass Bithc comment was aimed towards me or not :shruggs

To bad you had problems with the administrators .

I do remember other members answering questions for you though .

louisvillerider 06-08-2006 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=Crazy D]I don't know if that whiney ass Bithc comment was aimed towards me or not :shruggs

To bad you had problems with the administrators .

I do remember other members answering questions for you though .[/QUOTE]

nah.. wasnt aimed twards you, unless you are fiddylifeX <--- thats the prick who banned me.... not my fault i got more skills than him.

dont know about other members answering ? for me though.. i only had like 30 posts and almost all of them were in the video section :shruggs

3824 06-08-2006 10:05 AM

100's and 80s are the shit so much fun ... they will help you way more than a 50

3824 06-08-2006 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=louisvillerider]fiddylifeX <--- thats the prick who banned me.... not my fault i got more skills than him.
[/QUOTE]

nice try but you dont have 1/2 the skill he does

JonnY X 06-08-2006 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=louisvillerider]whiney ass bit@hes... reason was "flamming and Spamming" i posted a fiddylifestyle.com video.... it was titled fiddylifestyle.com first ride. got banned once before for making a signature out of their artwork (lil sillouette of guy doing HC on a 50) so once they banned me i ripped all their artwork, and my buddy now cuts them out into VINYL DECALS...... thatks fiddylife :YEAH you dikk sukerz[/QUOTE]
No wonder you had to steal there art work after looking at this bbwwwhhaaa
[url]http://www.stuntusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20516[/url]

And are you not the dumbass who posted you have rollerbars and 12 bars for sale in 50stunts forum on this site you are really bright.
[url]https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143020&highlight=50stunt[/url] im guessing you did something like this there thats why you were proly banned.

DoubleR Dan 06-08-2006 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=louisvillerider]whiney ass bit@hes... reason was "flamming and Spamming" i posted a fiddylifestyle.com video.... it was titled fiddylifestyle.com first ride. got banned once before for making a signature out of their artwork (lil sillouette of guy doing HC on a 50) so once they banned me i ripped all their artwork, and my buddy now cuts them out into VINYL DECALS...... thatks fiddylife :YEAH you dikk sukerz[/QUOTE]

PS - you left out some parts of your story of why you were ban'd.

I read all about it and hell - stealing art work and all that - you deserved what you got.

Your advatar is still funny and only advertises for that site - so you will only bring more people in to it.

Also - not sure if i would had posted up on a public forum that you admit to stealing - it only shows what type of person that you are.

I think I would have just came up with my own artwork or maybe asked someone to help you with it instead of stealing it.

:2cents

DoubleR Dan 06-08-2006 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=scott3824]nice try but you dont have 1/2 the skill he does[/QUOTE]

Scott - I have compared to two riders............and you are correct.

I remember the great Fiddy ride of 05 when any one that was any one in the Fiddy world was there. Man that was a blast.

But neither are as good as you or that Jon x guy. :2cents

I heard that FLX was R6bbie ? but that was just a rumor I guess == but it could explain why he was baned from other sites. But who knows.

Didn't Fiddylife close down or something?

DoubleR Dan 06-08-2006 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=Jon X]No wonder you had to steal there art work after looking at this bbwwwhhaaa
[url]http://www.stuntusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20516[/url]

And are you not the dumbass who posted you have rollerbars and 12 bars for sale in 50stunts forum on this site you are really bright.
[url]https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143020&highlight=50stunt[/url] im guessing you did something like this there thats why you were proly banned.[/QUOTE]

Looks like he is making friends all over the place.

I like what bentgixer said....LOL

looks like this guy suffers from stealing others hard work !
Sad really........ I kinda like this guy until he attacked me on his site "fiddylifestyle" which is about style......or so they say. :LOL

But after reading all of this - I have changed my mind - sad that others steal ideas and their hard work - either it being artwork, website names and products like 12 bars.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got an idea, dont try and scam info from a possible competitor, what did you think they were going to say??

let me get on fords website, and tell them im building a car similar to one they have and ask for blueprints.

damn, this aint rocket surgery son.

va stunta 06-09-2006 09:38 PM

anyway...yeah the 100 is a good bike to stunt on...it has more of a bigger bike feel and has the clutch thing goin on

*Tanus* 06-09-2006 10:09 PM

your still cool in my book L-rider. I mean how many different ways is there to make a bar and who cares about coping a design?