Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   North Carolina (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/116-north-carolina)
-   -   Thinking of moving to NC (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/116-north-carolina/153795-thinking-moving-nc.html)

giger 03-06-2006 10:36 PM

Thinking of moving to NC

Thinking of moving to NC from FL. ANy info on what is a good are to live in? Are there any stunters in the area?

Kelly954 03-07-2006 03:22 AM

Re: Thinking of moving to NC

It would really depend on what you do for a living. Need some more info. :shruggs What do you do for a job? There are stunters to ride with in NC, you just might have to drive a little to meet up with them.

Sha Nay Nay 03-09-2006 12:44 PM

GIGER!!! you too!!!

we have been talking about this on sunday!! NC or TN ???
yeah I was thinking the same thing??

I guess I am asking the same thing?? how bout I want a job that pays ALOT$$ and I can sit on SL at lunch time (like now!) and get off at 5!! woot woot:YEAH no seriously what big corps are there near Asheville?

Kelly do you know where Leister is?

~Mandy~ 03-09-2006 11:52 PM

[QUOTE=Sha Nay Nay]GIGER!!! you too!!!

I guess I am asking the same thing?? how bout I want a job that pays ALOT$$ and I can sit on SL at lunch time (like now!) and get off at 5!! woot woot:YEAH no seriously what big corps are there near Asheville?

Kelly do you know where Leister is?[/QUOTE]

Asheville is mountains, country... not a lot of buisness's there.
Charlotte,Fayetville, Winston-Salem, Raleigh.. all have more of a job force.

you can do a search for NC Newspapers and check out the classifieds in some of the areas.. :cheers

Sha Nay Nay 03-10-2006 05:10 PM

thanks! I will do that - I know where we want to go there is not much there - I guess I could work at Ingles...:shruggs if I have too - the hills and curves would make up for less $ I guess :YEAH

z400doawheelie 03-10-2006 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=Sha Nay Nay]Kelly do you know where Leister is?[/QUOTE]

i do its about 5 minutes from my house........

:cheers
i live in west asheville, up behind patton avenue

AC H.I.D 03-10-2006 05:28 PM

doesnt d1 ryan live in nc?ask him

~Mandy~ 03-10-2006 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=AC H.I.D]doesnt d1 ryan live in nc?ask him[/QUOTE]

yeah he does, he lives in Wilmington..
I live here in NC also, I have lived here my entire life.

Kelly954 03-13-2006 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Sha Nay Nay]GIGER!!! you too!!!

Kelly do you know where Leister is?[/QUOTE]

Haha...good luck! They're out there, but I'm looking right now too. I work 3rd shift right now and crazy days, but you do what you have to. Mandy's right. Charlotte and Raliegh have the best jobs. Charlotte is closer to mountain roads if you're into kneedraggin. There are some killer roads up in the Boone area and going toward TN. Just rode some yesterday! It was awesome!! :YEAH

umpa 03-13-2006 10:47 PM

You see thats where we are going too... :cheers

Kelly954 03-13-2006 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=umpa]You see thats where we are going too... :cheers[/QUOTE]

Did you guys decide north Meck?? If ya did, ya'll have to look me up when you get settled in... :cheers

Sha Nay Nay 03-15-2006 12:32 PM

me and some peeps will be up there April 2-8 we are going to Deal's Gap for 3 days - but will be riding around by Leister before and after if anyone wants to hook up...??

Kelly954 03-19-2006 07:49 AM

[QUOTE=Sha Nay Nay]me and some peeps will be up there April 2-8 we are going to Deal's Gap for 3 days - but will be riding around by Leister before and after if anyone wants to hook up...??[/QUOTE]

Deal's Gap is awesome!! I went last October and had a blast! If you can go during the week and stay completey away from the weekend, you'll have a better time. It gets really crowded and the cops are everywhere!! We stayed at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge and it was very nice and clean for a campground. They also have cabins available. My work schedule is kinda crazy so I doubt I would be able to come even though I would love to, but pm me and I'll see what I can work out!! :YEAH

Division1 Ryan 03-20-2006 06:36 PM

Wilmington is real nice, its a college town, right by the beach. Chicks everywhere, ect.

Pretty good job force too, and a stunt scene.

Sha Nay Nay 03-21-2006 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=Kelly954]Deal's Gap is awesome!! I went last October and had a blast! If you can go during the week and stay completey away from the weekend, you'll have a better time. It gets really crowded and the cops are everywhere!! We stayed at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge and it was very nice and clean for a campground. They also have cabins available. My work schedule is kinda crazy so I doubt I would be able to come even though I would love to, but pm me and I'll see what I can work out!! :YEAH[/QUOTE]

yeah we will be there Mon Tues and Wed - staying at Fontana Village my second trip there - love it!!! hopefully it will be nice and cool and very dry! :YEAH
I won't have computer access while I am there - where we stay we couldn't get cell phone or even onstar to work!!:shruggs

Sha Nay Nay 03-21-2006 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=Division1 Ryan]Wilmington is real nice, its a college town, right by the beach. Chicks everywhere, ect.

Pretty good job force too, and a stunt scene.[/QUOTE]

cool I like girls!:LOL

z400doawheelie 03-29-2006 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=Sha Nay Nay]me and some peeps will be up there April 2-8 we are going to Deal's Gap for 3 days - but will be riding around by Leister before and after if anyone wants to hook up...??[/QUOTE]

Ride the dragon......i've been there like 30 times.

Sha Nay Nay 03-30-2006 12:42 PM

what's the weather forcast for next week? how cool at night and day have temps been?

Goobster 04-12-2006 12:54 PM

im heading up there with in the year whats the boone,boomer area like???

Sha Nay Nay 04-12-2006 10:52 PM

[QUOTE=z400doawheelie]i do its about 5 minutes from my house........

i live in west asheville, up behind patton avenue[/QUOTE]

okay yeah - well my parents have a house off Leister Hwy - I was all around there!! we saw alot of bikes up there and it was beautiful weather and had a blast. I just don't know which area we like - Fontana, Ronbinsville, Asheville its hard to get a nice peaceful place and be close to everything. :cheers