Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Bike Videos and Reviews (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/113-stunt-bike-videos-reviews)
-   -   Soundtrack...rap or rock..or both (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/113-stunt-bike-videos-reviews/17646-soundtrack-rap-rock-both.html)

LEE OF RONIN 05-02-2003 10:19 AM

Soundtrack...rap or rock..or both

YO...I WANTED TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE WHAT THEY LIKED BETTER IN STUNTVIDS.
I see more tapes coming out wit hot rap tracks in them....when it seemed like it wasn't liked before. I personally like to use both. But i know that many distributors don't care much for rap soundtracks, but remember we are the dons in this game...we have the power. Time to learn how to use it.

One more thing....it seems that most guyz like tapes filled from beginning to end with all soundtrack. I think tapes need more real-time sound. I like to hear more bike sounds then most tapes give me.....is it just me??? If I am wrong...my next tape will be all soundtrack.

SmurfKilla 05-02-2003 10:58 AM

Personally I like the rap muzic better, but it seems some rock tracks are just meant for stunting.......
As far as a vid being all soundtrack, I wouldnt like it much. I do like to hear the bike sounds from time to time.
After just watching d-Aces Not Guilty I thought they mixed it up nice. It had some clips where it was all soundtrack and then some that were just bike sounds.
Just an opinion.
Cheers
SK

KrazyKris750 05-02-2003 11:33 AM

I would go for both...variety is always good :)

Veggie Dave 05-02-2003 01:19 PM

Re: Soundtrack...rap or rock..or both

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LEE OF RONIN [/i]
[B] But i know that many distributors don't care much for rap soundtracks, but remember we are the dons in this game...we have the power. Time to learn how to use it.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Whoever makes the film makes the rules

If it's a good song/track and works with the images then use it, no matter what pigeon hole it may come out of

One of my favourite songs ever, the Dead Kennedy's Holiday In Cambodia, was used on the lastest Crusty vid. Even though I love the track, it just doesn't work with the images it's playing over

If it works ... use it - if it doesn't ... don't :Dsmile

WestCoast Films 05-02-2003 01:33 PM

i go with anything that makes you start to bounce your head while you're listening...rap, rock, metal, reggae....all of them can work

-tyson
WestCoast Filmworks

-Baker- 05-02-2003 01:49 PM

The sound of the bikes in the background are always cool, but there are times when its not needed. Break down points is key to the flow. If a story line can be placed throughout the video this is a plus through the viewers eyes. USE imagination!

Video editing is an art through the editors eyes, but to portray that or make the viewer fell in "ahhh" is tough sometimes. Plus my mood sets the type of editing i do.

I like R & B (for a fun video) and hard rap (when I want to make a statement)

I don't know I'm lost now ...and after talking about editing I want to bust one out. Shoot maybe by the end of the weekend...?

jdmimports79 05-02-2003 02:22 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KrazyKris750 [/i]
[B]I would go for both...variety is always good :) [/B][/QUOTE]

i agree

MI Xtremes Dave 05-02-2003 08:14 PM

Lee, what up bro? The music thing, whose making the video? You? Then you make the call!! If YOUR team likes it, let it rip! We do the videos one song at a time. We listen to the song a couple times and then we can visualize it allready done and how we want it to look in our minds. Then we got to town and add clipps. When the songs audio is low, thats where you can leave in the audio from the bikes. I dont like to use songs with a lot of cursing. Yeah, there's bikinis and boobs, but theres just something about a lot of cursing, it tends to take the attention of the riding and puts attention to the cursing. Some of the new rap songs are tight, if you like them, use them.

Later Bro,

Dave

Sinista 05-04-2003 12:18 PM

myself im a hiphop fan i only listen to hiphop when im in my cage but theres something about hard core rock in a stunt vid thats gets my adrenelin pumping. but also when i want to roll through my neighborhood i like to think of rap tunes as well. baker you do an excellent job with the hiphop in vids much props. i dont like that death metal shit though its annoying when you cant make out a single word they are screaming into the mic i hate that shit. but do what you feel goes best with the clips you got good luck...

GYNXxx 05-04-2003 06:37 PM

i use both too.. Rock is WAY better for setting tempo and shit. The hiphop is great as long as it is a catchy track.... if the track is boring the editing will seem boring. There are more breaks and breakdowns in the rock stuff too so you can play with the viewers heads a lot more ...lots of change ups means lots of chances to move direction to the viewer. Me and Bake got that shit on lock!:twofinger

LEE OF RONIN 05-05-2003 08:59 AM

Baker...i can't wait til you watch my tape, so you can tell me what you think of the music in it.

The only known group was Peacetree (ala-starboyz vids), the rest was local guyz. HIPHOP Beats, one custom hiphop ronin theme song, and a rock group called "Nutt Pudden".
I think they are tight as hell....it is very special music too, becouse you all will be the first to ever hear them. The lead singer passed away before they could ever do anything with the music tracks. Somehow i got them from the band and they asked me to use something in memory of the leadsinger. The music has been sitting around for yrs.

If anyone sees the video...plz go to ronin forum and reply to "RR VOL.1 REVIEWS". Video is sold on (STUNTLIFE). And other places, but forget about them support Shugga...by all your tapes off "Stuntlife...The World of Stunting Online"...holla (yeah..that was shameless...haha):laughing

GYNXxx 05-05-2003 03:49 PM

Hey Lee, did you ever end up sending me a copy? Just curious.... If you didnt and dont want to now, thats cool ... I'm sure I will get a looksee sometime ... Later .. So yeah HIPHOP and ROCK to be used..

CRZT 05-07-2003 08:46 PM

The music control coalition used in all of there clips are tight. they were just the right pic of songs for each clip. when i watch the vids they put up on here it just puts me in a good vibe:cheers

splicer 05-08-2003 02:24 AM

Go with both, but put in some bike sounds, like the sound of an endo or burn out while music is playing, that's good.