item non-delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person
item non-delivery

so 7-29-09 I paid for a gas tank and fender, bought it from a guy on here (stuntlife). payment processed through paypal. the day after I paid, I was given a USPS tracking number for the parcel. around the 11 or 12 of this month I started getting antsy, as my parts hadnt arrived yet, so I checked the USPS site and tracked my package. well, the status of the package hasnt been updated since 7-31 when it was accepted at a New Mexico Post Office.

I contacted the seller to notify in hopes he'd follow up with the USPS. he claims the USPS cannot indicate what has happened to the package since he dropped it off. I maintained communication with the seller and we both amicably agreed a refund was in order. 8-16 was the last communication I had with the seller, and he was confirming my e-mail addy to send me a refund. I let things marinate until the 19th, then tried contacting him again in regards to processing my refund. no reply. so on the 20th I filed dispute with the seller on paypal. obviously that got through to him, as my dispute is now an official claim and he has turned over the package tracking number over to paypal so they can investigate.

has anyone had any luck with reclaiming funds through pay pal disputes? any other methods of recourse I can pursue to get my money back?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
RIP Delores F.

BenStunts pa pa is a decent person
Re: item non-delivery

it wasnt me
Old 08-21-2009, 05:29 PM
shady since the 80's

Originally Posted by Proverb
it wasnt me

troof.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:42 PM
yutt uggghhh

mdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud of

paypal ***** you i got ripped off on a 800 dollar frame the guy sent me a kis push scooter. paypal said they could do nothing for me because they only offer protection through ebay for purchases. called my cc company and they refunded it than paypal said i owe them because they offer seller protection to him even though he ripped me off this went on back and forth for about two weeks that i called and talked to someone else and they just told me i know them nothin?? so i ended up gettin my money back except i had to pay 60 dollars to ship the ****** scooter back to him
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 AM
shady since the 80's

Originally Posted by mdub4life29
paypal ***** you i got ripped off on a 800 dollar frame the guy sent me a kis push scooter. paypal said they could do nothing for me because they only offer protection through ebay for purchases. called my cc company and they refunded it than paypal said i owe them because they offer seller protection to him even though he ripped me off this went on back and forth for about two weeks that i called and talked to someone else and they just told me i know them nothin?? so i ended up gettin my money back except i had to pay 60 dollars to ship the ****** scooter back to him

yeah I called my CC company and handled it. got the money credited back to my account. I have none of the parts I should have, and the tracking number given to me still hasnt been updated since 7-31-09. sucks, but I'm not paying for something that isnt going to be delivered.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:49 AM
yutt uggghhh

mdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud ofmdub4life29 has much to be proud of

watch out paypal might try and screw you because they offer him seller protection so the can give him the money and charge you and you wont be able to use your paypal until its paid
Old 08-25-2009, 11:57 AM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

what u just call yr cc company if paypal does nothing? and explain u bought something never got it and they wont refund u r talk to u anymore and bam yr cc was like ok we got it heres yr money back.. **** its that easy?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:03 PM
shady since the 80's

Originally Posted by mdub4life29
watch out paypal might try and screw you because they offer him seller protection so the can give him the money and charge you and you wont be able to use your paypal until its paid

I've saved all my correspondence with the seller, even the PM in which he agreed to refund my money. any argument he can create at this point won't hold much water.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 PM
shady since the 80's

Originally Posted by trz
what u just call yr cc company if paypal does nothing? and explain u bought something never got it and they wont refund u r talk to u anymore and bam yr cc was like ok we got it heres yr money back.. **** its that easy?

so far, yep you got it. if PayPal wants to make a stink of it, I'll pass along the PM's and what not that I still have. the seller did due dilligence on his end and tried finding out what happened to the package he shipped out to me... when no progress was made in being able to determine where the parts wound up, he agreed to refund the money to me. I managed to save PM's for documentation.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:48 PM

crzyaccrd is an unknown quantity at this point

paypal is a pain in the *** when it comes to refunds, bought a battery tray off ebay for $30, dude sent the wrong one (banana seat when i have the dual seat) stated that he knew it was wrong but wouldn't do a refund. finally paypal said they will refund if I paid to ship it back, shipping was non refundable... ****, that just ate the money cause it cost too much to ship it back. basically he fucked up and i have to send it back on m dime, no way. sorry got off topic there, ou never recieved anything they should get ur money back no problem, especially with all that proof! Good luck
Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I have had to file paypal disputes twice and it was a very easy process. Took right at a week both times and I got a full refund.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 PM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

thanks im about to file a dispute on someone on here right now i sent msgs and posted on his thread numo times and no answer.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:16 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

Its a simple process. I think you only have 60 days after the transaction to file a dispute, so dont wait too long.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 PM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

how long should i wait i bought it hrmm week and half ago tried to get responses on when he shipped it sent msgs and said same **** on his thread and he ignores it and dosent say **** back. I dont wanna be a dick but i dont wanna be assed out on $150+
Old 09-06-2009, 05:17 PM

lucky750 is a decent person

glad i read this im fixin to file a claim on a member on here claims he mailed out my **** to my old address which i have a forwarding address for up to a year contacted post office they have no delivery confirmation so and i contacted him now he wants tto be a lil bitch and not respond its fucked up how people do u these days