50Outlaw owes me some money

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:47 AM

joeyt323 is a decent person
50Outlaw owes me some money

So about 2 months ago i bought a 03 zx6 head from him and when i put it in the motor well come to find out that some of the valves retaining rings were bad and what not.. so i had to spend even more money to get it rebuilt,, I have talked to him and its always an excuse and i've been nice but i need the money i bought that broken head for 200 bucks and spent another 150 to get it rebuilt..........wtf.. its time to pay up. I just want the money back for the broken head that i bought
Old 07-09-2009, 11:51 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of
Re: 50Outlaw owes me some money

Originally Posted by joeyt323
So about 2 months ago i bought a 03 zx6 head from him and when i put it in the motor well come to find out that some of the valves retaining rings were bad and what not.. so i had to spend even more money to get it rebuilt,, I have talked to him and its always an excuse and i've been nice but i need the money i bought that broken head for 200 bucks and spent another 150 to get it rebuilt..........wtf.. its time to pay up. I just want the money back for the broken head that i bought
damn...that sucks...im sure he'll make it rightive always known him to be honest and ive bought from him before
Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Dempsey is a decent person

give him a shout n give him a chance to make it right!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:53 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

he's an honest guy and i doubt he knew the head was messed up but he did just have a baby so i doubt he has spare money lying around ...

im curious did you have the the valves adjusted when you put the head on ?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:30 PM

yeh he sounds honest and everything ... but its been a over 2 months now so i dunno... Before i put it in i had all the clearances checked and everything.... so i had to use one of my old heads to swap the parts and stuff. But i didn't do it, thats tooo confusing for me ..... i pm every other week or so and still nothing..
Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 PM
word

oh8cbr600 will become famous soon enough

that sucks man...good luck
Old 07-10-2009, 06:11 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yeh he sounds honest and everything ... but its been a over 2 months now so i dunno... Before i put it in i had all the clearances checked and everything.... so i had to use one of my old heads to swap the parts and stuff. But i didn't do it, thats tooo confusing for me ..... i pm every other week or so and still nothing..
i only ask because if there was a problem with the head when fiddy shipped it to you i would think the tech who adjusted the valves would have seen it , no offense but i suspect the guy who put the head on messed up the valve adjustment and blamed it on the head being bad
Old 07-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
i only ask because if there was a problem with the head when fiddy shipped it to you i would think the tech who adjusted the valves would have seen it , no offense but i suspect the guy who put the head on messed up the valve adjustment and blamed it on the head being bad
+1
Old 07-10-2009, 06:27 PM

well he checked the clearances but i didn't have extra money for him to tear it down adn check the inside of the valves... and what happend was when he put it toghther the clearances were right with the cams,, but the retaining rings were broke right when i started it....i'm not even asking for all my money i would at just like 100 bucks and be done with it...... He even said after that happened that it was sitting for a while and really wasn't sure about it,, and said that he was afraid something like this might happend..
Old 07-10-2009, 06:37 PM
also known as OMR

what exactly happened , did a valve hit a piston ?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:38 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks man! Hopefully he makes it right!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM

what exactly happened , did a valve hit a piston ?
yeah after the retaining ring fell out it hit the piston.. the mechanic said it was a miracle it didn't hit the cylinder walls and mess more stuff up
Old 07-10-2009, 11:08 PM
also known as OMR

yeah after the retaining ring fell out it hit the piston.. the mechanic said it was a miracle it didn't hit the cylinder walls and mess more stuff up
i dont know how well you know your mechanic and im not saying i know for sure what happened but to me it sounds like he didnt have the cams timed right and as soon as he started the bike the valve hit the piston , im pretty sure it's a zero clearance motor meaning if the timing chain is a few teeth off the piston will hit a valve because the valve will be open when it's not supposed to be so when the piston comes up wackada ...

again i could be totally wrong but to me it seems more likely that your tech messed up and tried to say you got screwed so he didnt have to admit he screwed up
Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

i dont know how well you know your mechanic and im not saying i know for sure what happened but to me it sounds like he didnt have the cams timed right and as soon as he started the bike the valve hit the piston , im pretty sure it's a zero clearance motor meaning if the timing chain is a few teeth off the piston will hit a valve because the valve will be open when it's not supposed to be so when the piston comes up wackada ...

again i could be totally wrong but to me it seems more likely that your tech messed up and tried to say you got screwed so he didnt have to admit he screwed up
Thats exactly what I was thinking as I read this.

wackada
Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by IRISH MIKE
Thats exactly what I was thinking as I read this.

wackada
ya , had he said he was riding it around and then it happened i would say ok it dropped a valve but when he said it happened as soon as the guy started it my first thought was he didnt put the timing chain on right ...seen it happen soooooo many times and the only time i seen a valve just drop is when the bike was on the rev limmiter or close to it
Old 07-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

thats a risk you take buying used stuff...suck it up
Old 07-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

ya , had he said he was riding it around and then it happened i would say ok it dropped a valve but when he said it happened as soon as the guy started it my first thought was he didnt put the timing chain on right ...seen it happen soooooo many times and the only time i seen a valve just drop is when the bike was on the rev limmiter or close to it
This is deff a text book case of " the guy you bought it from sold you junk." Will a 05 06 head work on a 03 04?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:42 PM
also known as OMR

This is deff a text book case of " the guy you bought it from sold you junk." Will a 05 06 head work on a 03 04?
you are contradicting your self first you said you were thinking what i posted and now your saying he bought junk i think the tech screwed up putting it together
Old 07-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Throttle choppin'

you are contradicting your self first you said you were thinking what i posted and now your saying he bought junk i think the tech screwed up putting it together
Thats what I just said. The "" was the tech saying that he bought junk.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:53 PM
also known as OMR

Thats what I just said. The "" was the tech saying that he bought junk.
oh ok i got ya ...im a little slow but i catch on eventually ..lol

Quick Reply: 50Outlaw owes me some money