02 954rr clean title set up for stunt. have all street parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM

bizie is a decent person
02 954rr clean title set up for stunt. have all street parts

Got a stunted out 02 cbr 954rr it has a wheelie bar, 905 full cage, lsl DB style bars, 14/45 gearing, street fighter head light, shortened jardine exhaust. And I just ordered all the parts to turn it back into a normal street bike. Just bought a brand new black fairing kit brand new oem headlight, & tach. Used front fairing stay & oem handle bar set up. All parts are in the mail and should be here by the end of the month. Bike has a clean title but just says not actual miles on the title due to the fact it was inspected as a stunt bike w/ no tach because it was broken. bike has around 16k miles. Looking for 3600 as is (stunt bike) and 4400 with the street parts. And I can even assemble it to a street bike and repaint the tank real nicenice for 4600 for everything. Id rather just sell it as is tho. Im willing to drive pretty far also im from hagerstown md area email bizie00 AT yahoo.com for fastest response itll go str8 to my phone

**will also listen to trades of other 2 wheel vehicles only
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1333382650077.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	245626   Click image for larger version

Name:	1333382638840.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	245627   Click image for larger version

Name:	1333382669870.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	245628   Click image for larger version

Name:	1333382681217.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	245629   Click image for larger version

Name:	1333382712997.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	245630  

Last edited by bizie; 04-09-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: trade
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 AM

bizie is a decent person
Re: 02 954rr clean title set up for stunt. have all street parts

This is what she looks like now. Minty fresh. price is 5000 or a reasonable offer. Parts were difficult to find used and had to buy most new. I have a jacket I can throw in with in and some extra parts for stunting or whatever.

OR TRADE FOR BIKE OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE AND CASH ON TOP

live in Maryland. Will drive.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1335911131755.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	245705   Click image for larger version

Name:	1335907760473.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	245706   Click image for larger version

Name:	1335907747677.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	245707  

Last edited by bizie; 05-02-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:53 PM

bizie is a decent person

just noticed title says rebuilt...ouch...never noticed until looking at title to sell the bike willing to do 4500 obo or any trade worth around to 4500
Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Suprahs is a decent person

looks really clean now, good ****. at least you realized the title was rebuilt before working out a sale. let alone lowering the price as well, always see lots of people selling clean bikes without titles wanting showroom prices, props to being real.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 PM

bizie is a decent person

Thanks suprahs I have a lot of hours into this bike and there is currently not a scratch on it. Just trying to get out of it now what I got in. And for any interested buyer-- youd never no this things title says rebuilt by looking at it and or riding it
Old 05-04-2012, 08:08 PM

bizie is a decent person

also a title can say rebuilt just for the simple fact its set up as a street fighter or stunt bike it does not necessarily need to be wrecked.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

wrong, a title can only be changed by insurance agents interaction with the DMV. (warning to anyone looking)

check with your local DMV before purchesing as most states do not accept out of state ReBuilt titles..
Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 PM

bizie is a decent person

yea your right.. but if you look it up before you go shouting wrong "the insurance agent" can deem the bike totaled due to extreme modifications that would cost 75% or more of the bikes kbb to have it returned to oem standards...such as having a fairing less bike, or heavily modded for stunting. Now I aint saying this bike wasnt wrecked because I dont know but I do know it rides good and has plenty of power. And was once a fairing-less stunt bike. And most states do accept rebuilt titles. Rebuilt means its safe for the road & been inspected. SALVAGE titles are a different story though. Also most used bikes are laid down and thats all it takes for the insurance company to total the bike but most people only have liability and dont make a insurance claim. I wouldnt sell anyone junk this bike is well capable of 150+ mph and 3rd gear power wheelies...trust me lol

Just found this... here is a copy and past

What does "Previously Salvaged Vehicle that has Passed Inspection" mean?
In most cases this means that the title was previously salvaged and is not "Rebuilt Salvage. These motorcycles may be registered and driven legally in most states.

also thanks for trying to chase off potential buyers please dont post if your not interested in the bike...good day
Old 05-09-2012, 06:21 PM

dw2gtx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bizie
yea your right.. but if you look it up before you go shouting wrong "the insurance agent" can deem the bike totaled due to extreme modifications that would cost 75% or more of the bikes kbb to have it returned to oem standards...such as having a fairing less bike, or heavily modded for stunting. Now I aint saying this bike wasnt wrecked because I dont know but I do know it rides good and has plenty of power. And was once a fairing-less stunt bike. And most states do accept rebuilt titles. Rebuilt means its safe for the road & been inspected. SALVAGE titles are a different story though. Also most used bikes are laid down and thats all it takes for the insurance company to total the bike but most people only have liability and dont make a insurance claim. I wouldnt sell anyone junk this bike is well capable of 150+ mph and 3rd gear power wheelies...trust me lol

In most cases this means that the title was previously salvaged and is not "Rebuilt Salvage. These motorcycles may be registered and driven legally in most states.

also thanks for trying to chase off potential buyers please dont post if your not interested in the bike...good day
Well I've had 3 bikes that have gone thru the inspection process and have been deemed rebuilt, I'm in CT and mass and ny won't accept the title, all this is good for is a lot bike or good for a buyer that knows it will transfer to his state. It's a big pain in the ***, and I've bought 5 954s some with ct s for under 4 gs, I understand your predicament, but in reality it's a 3500 $ bike at best.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 AM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bizie

the only inspection process in CT is after somthing is already deamed salvage... sorry forgot other states make you go through a inspection on everything...
Old 05-11-2012, 10:33 AM
squid hunter

and dw2gtx knows his **** about transfers and rebuilt/salvage... so if you have any questions he would be a good resource
Old 05-13-2012, 07:42 AM

dw2gtx is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, in CT if a bike has a rebuilt title, it's because it was totaled and then brought back to spec, brakes are checked tires etc, and then you have to show receipts for everything. You also need a parts list from the insurance agent of damaged needing to be replaced parts.
You can also build a bike without a vin in the same manner and the DMV will give you a vin. It's called a composite. Not trying to say all other states are this hard just letting you know what I had to do. I bought a full fairing 02 954 with 8000 miles on it rebuilt title for 2500 the thing was mint, rebuilt titles are not worth the same as clean hence your price drop, but you will be hard pressed to get 5gs on this forum better off on eBay or Craigslist.org
Old 05-23-2012, 02:15 PM

bizie is a decent person

bikes gone