My cars gonna be big-block STUNNIN'!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:07 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Talking My cars gonna be big-block STUNNIN'!

I picked up this 428 cj today for my Fairlane. It was built for a cobra kit car when the guy found a (real)427 so. The motors just broken in & makes 400hp & 430tq here at altitude. I also got an oem 428 bellhousing & flywheel & full mallory ign(might swap to msd).

Old 08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person
Re: My cars gonna be big-block STUNNIN'!

Thats whats UP!! Post pics on your Myspace bro I'd like to see it as it goes together! 428 CID? PIMP!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
**** YOU

anarchist35 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow what year fairlane.....i restored one (67) a few years ago at tha shop for a buddy, it was pimp and that hydraulic/elec to work too, it badass now, i just did the paintwork

im actually workin on a buddies mercury comet right now , he's going for the rodder matte black and 18's look, they just have 032's in 'em, not the shiit six and 3 on thgat tree
Old 08-25-2008, 09:38 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Tight!! :YEAH
Old 08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

sweet find man ..
Old 08-25-2008, 09:52 PM

spiller03 is an unknown quantity at this point

you should twin turbo it....
by the way does anyone want to buy my twin turbo fox body
Old 08-25-2008, 11:37 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

how does that fit? haha no, it makes the #s I want up here.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 AM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

very nice man.. how much id u end up payin for it
Old 08-26-2008, 03:42 PM

mmeastcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

My old man used to have a fairlane back in the day, I'd like to see some pics as well...
Old 09-12-2008, 02:44 AM

Www.myspace.com/dsfdlish I have a couple photo albums
Old 09-14-2008, 06:57 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a 66 fairlane . I would probably spend some money on doing work to the heads getting them to flow better .

Edit : kinda looks like the engine was done up already .

Last edited by Crazy D; 09-14-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Nub Powner

Gixxer J is a decent person

what kinda gas mileage you lookin to get outta that thing? maybe 7 or 8?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

those types of vehicles don't get MPG they get GPM (gallons per mile!) My old mustang with a stroked out 351W got like 6mpg
Old 09-15-2008, 10:02 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by anarchist35
wow what year fairlane.....i restored one (67) a few years ago at tha shop for a buddy, it was pimp and that hydraulic/elec to work too, it badass now, i just did the paintwork

im actually workin on a buddies mercury comet right now , he's going for the rodder matte black and 18's look, they just have 032's in 'em, not the shiit six and 3 on thgat tree
for future reference its called suede.

Originally Posted by DLISH
I picked up this 428 cj today for my Fairlane. It was built for a cobra kit car when the guy found a (real)427 so. The motors just broken in & makes 400hp & 430tq here at altitude. I also got an oem 428 bellhousing & flywheel & full mallory ign(might swap to msd).

sweet find, how much did you give for it?

so, now that you have the bellhousing and flexplate, are you gonna turn it into a 4 speed? i found this company that makes clutch set-ups for all cars, im buying one for my monte carlo (so i can put the tremec 6speed in it). they come with everything you need to convert your car into a standard, including the pedals.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:03 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by spiller03
you should twin turbo it....
by the way does anyone want to buy my twin turbo fox body
im building a twin-turbo LT1 for my 72 monte carlo, but i just got a call from my friend this guy wants to cash me out for it. i really want to finish my monte, but i want another Grand National too.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:13 PM

I'm just gonna keep the c6 for now(after sealing some leaks) I'm holding out for a tko500 for the right price. Quicktime sells an fe to t-5(tko500) bellhousing. I'm gonna run a hydraulic clutch set up. Just grabbed the picker earlier, gonna paint it tomorrow & buds are helping toss it in sun.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:14 PM

my goal for this weekend is putting the 428 home.... gawd PLEASE let the driver side header not need too much fanagling around steering stuff...

Old 09-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

There were a few fairlane 500's that came from the factory with 427's . I think you're gonna have more problems with the shock towers ,
more than the steering parts .
Old 09-28-2008, 10:11 PM

390.427.428 all are physically the same size(all ford fe's). The driver side collector is in the way, but I'll fab a drop bracket that should fix that.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Wow , that looks tight . I hope you already put in the spark plugs

Quick Reply: My cars gonna be big-block STUNNIN'!