Stunt Discussion Polls Forum Please post all polls for stunt discussion in this forum, if you don't, they will most likely get moved here anyways.
View Poll Results: what is the better sport??
street bike freestyle
68.71%
street bike racing
11.79%
freestyle motocross
15.42%
motocross racing
4.08%
Voters: 441. You may not vote on this poll

what's better???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 10:37 AM

Kyle XXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Post what's better???

what's a better sport???
street bike freestyle, or freestyle motocross????

and why???
Old 01-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Regular StuntLifer

HAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
oooooooh....Thats a tuffy.....I dont think you can compair apples to oranges. If you asked someone who has never seen either of them they would have a diffrent view. And if you ask someone who does both they would have a differnt piont of view. when you see someone doing something you think they are crazy but when you are doing it its not so crazy. I dont have much motocross experence so I thins dat $hit is off the hook but someone with no street bike experence might think the little stupid stuff I do is cooler..... Thats a real good question Kyle. I vote for the motocross jumps
Old 01-26-2003, 11:20 AM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
If I had to choose "Better", for me it is motocross racing.
I loved to do it and I still love to watch it.
I got to watch Ricky Carmichael and James "Bubba" Stewart learn how to ride when they were practically babies.
I watch all of the Supercross and Outdoor National races on t.v., and I go to Dade City Raceway on a regular basis to watch the future stars grow up.
Motocross is WAY harder than street stunting. (IMO)
I haven't jumped a freestyle ramp yet, so I can't give an opinion on that.

Kyle, I was impressed with your jumping skills so early in your freestyle motocross career.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
I said dirt because street is boring as **** now.

Everyone forgot how to impress a crowd with street and is focused on "GANGSTA" moves... Stunting is so boring these days because of all the low speed, technical, and non-adreneline producting tricks.

With dirt its crazy to watch, "OMG THAT GUYS ABOUT TO DIE!!! What a sick ******* wacko!"

Street is boring, "HOLY ****!! IF HE CRASHES HES GONNA BREAK A BRAKE LEVER OR MOTOR COVER!! NOOOO NOOOO DONT SCRATCH YOUR BIKE!!!"

get the point? That will explain the # of fans at a show too.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:32 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Freestyle Motocross deffinitely has a better WOW facter.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:53 AM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
Streetbike freestyle is definitely better for us "older folk".
Old 01-26-2003, 12:05 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I think jumpin is more fun than wheelyin. And you can ride dirt when the weathers crappy too.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:07 PM

psyco650 is an unknown quantity at this point
although i voted for street bike freestyle i think shugga has a piont. i give mad props to people pullin the slow **** but i think stunters are the only ones who are exited by it. because we are the ones who know how much skill it takes to pull it off. everyday people see this stuff and are like woo hoo he's doing a 5 mph wheelie woopie doo. i've had alot of people ask me about this (non-stunters) the people watch extreme sports because of the word "extreme" and without the extremeness of the sport you mite as well be watching baseball. people are there for the exitement and the rush of watching someone defy all laws of phisics and speed to pull some wicked ****. well i guess my point is that from the people i have talked too and some of my own opinions most people are there or watching for the big high energy tricks. so if your gonna do the slow stuff odnt forget about the high intencity edge of your seat freak people out tricks.
i think that may be why freestyle motocross is so big, because tey are doing the biggest most crazy death defying tricks they can. the crowd never knows what to expect but the riders always go big and the crowd always has a HOLY **** I CANT BELIEVE HE JUST LANDED A 70 FT DOUBLE BACKFLIP WITH A HALF TWIST TO A NO HANDER LANDER. I ALMOST PISSED MYSELF IN EXITEMENT!

just my 2 cents(or rambleing??)
Old 01-26-2003, 12:19 PM

Nasty is an unknown quantity at this point
FREESTYLE STREET AND DIRT..!!!!!:D
Old 01-26-2003, 12:19 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm!!

maybe should start a new site!! DIRT JUMPLIFE !! **** dirt!! kinda irritates me hearin this ****!! stunting boring??!!! then dont support/ watch it!! let me know now if i should move to europe cuz this **** sux!! how can you compare us to ricky carmichael when half the U.S dont even know what STUNTING is yet?? give us a chance to reach that level, then talk down about us if ya wanna!! GEEEZZ!! i guess things that fly are always gonna be cooler to the simple mind, but i'd rather watch those freestyle bmx dudes doin 50 tricks on the middle of a platform without their feet touchin the ground than watch jump after jump after jump!!! BLAH!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! LMAO!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person
Freestyle Moto is a whole different ball game and i do agree wit ronnie about giving streetfreestyle a chance, *** Dirt.....

Last edited by FiSh; 01-26-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:28 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
**** it then

no more CBR, lets do CR

boring, and no fanbase...now we're really goin somewhere

if slow **** is garbage, why do the europeans have 10,000 + people attend every show they do

dirt took 5years to hit, if we're not doin somethin in 5 years, then im going to join the jump rope federation

sign me up for dirtlife.com

Rick929
Old 01-26-2003, 12:42 PM

mattdedes is an unknown quantity at this point
street freestyle all the way!! dirt is the **** too but its gonna take time to really sink into people that this sport off da HOOK!!
Old 01-26-2003, 12:44 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
i think theyre both rad. im buyin a dirtbike to learn to jump ****. right after i get a new street piece. word up.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:48 PM

psyco650 is an unknown quantity at this point
i was by no way saying that stunting is boring to me. i was just giving you something to think about based on what i have heard from other non-stunters who have never been on a bike and who may never. but not from the haters from your fans. these people just dont understand the difficulty involved with the slowest wheelie. i personally am a fan of all stunting because i am trying to learn these tricks and i understand the difficulty of them. i was just relaying some info that i have heard from others who dont ride. they are there for all things and just dont want everyone to lose sight of the fast paced tricks that got them to be fans in the first place. most everyone i have talked to just want to make sure that the fast/slow stuff is all included togather. no disrespect intended and no cutting down on anyone doing slow tricks. i love them all and hope to be competeing next to all of you someday

peace
Old 01-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
whoa whoa whoa....everyones friends here no need to bug out about a vote it was just a personal opinion...anyway i think for the most part the ppl that said dirt were probably reffering to what the general public thinks....and at the moment the public does think that dirt is better....BUT that is because street stunting hasnt had the time to grow that dirt did......i for one can say this cause i remember...hmm what was on of the first true freestyle motocross video?...i think recrhomed from LBZ...man that **** came out years ago when i was like in highscool in 95 or 96....i used to ride dirt to and i remember watching the sport grow JUST LIKE street stunting is now...it started out small and no one thought that it would be what it is today except for the ppl who were dedicated to it and wanted it to grow...and i feel that is the same thing that WE are trying to do with street...cheers
Old 01-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by DV8Ronnie
maybe should start a new site!! DIRT JUMPLIFE !! **** dirt!! kinda irritates me hearin this ****!! stunting boring??!!! then dont support/ watch it
Originally posted by Rick929 PBR
**** it then
no more CBR, lets do CR
Whoa now... I think you all need to settle down and think about who you are talking to.
Im the guy who quit my job to work fulltime and build a career out of this sport, street stunting. I have never been to an FMX event but I goto EVERY SINGLE stunt event I can afford to just to support it and because I personally love it!! I have put every last penny I have into my business which will only survive if stunting takes off. So dont have that tone with me about sellout ****.

Anyway... What I say is fact. Its getting slower and more boring for the fans. Why is LVX huge yet they suck to us? Because they dont have a new trick? They are huge cause they thrill the crowds with WOW factor. We don’t like em cause they aren’t doing technical tricks.

Do you realize that this sport started and got so many fans because of the insanity and danger? We need to keep that.

I posted my reply not because that is my opinion, but because it is the mainstream opinion. FACT. If it isn’t that why, for example, was my booth packed with people buying stuff during slowest wheelie and other slower paced events, but then at sickest trick and teams stuff no one was near me? People want the excitement… they want the thrill. It is NOT thrilling to the average joe out there who HAS money to spend on US. They don’t care where your hand is, they wanna see us come inches from killing ourselves. Just like FMX.

EXACTLY MY POINT!!! Lets get back to the fans and impress the crowds!!

if slow **** is garbage, why do the europeans have 10,000 + people attend every show they do
Have you ever been to one of their shows? HOLY ****!! Those guys are LOONEY!!! I remember Carmichael at WorldSRC… The guys could do circles, slow **** but he did INSANE high speed fishtailing and crazy wheelies and other **** I cant even describe! Man I thought the guy was gonna kill himself!!! It was out of control!! The auropeans do fast, slow, fast slow, they demonstrate how they are in complete control of their machines. So that is an unfair comparison.

Anyway, I can see by your replies that this is a never ending battle, instead of an intelligent conversation.

Do you REALLY think that I don’t like street stunting? Dude I had a video out over 2 years ago and keep building on my love for the sport. Yeah I learnhed how to slow wheelies down this past summer and LOVE IT!! Dude I LOVE riding slow wheelies!!! What a rush!! I always TRULY believed that stunting would get big one day, but now that Im no longer a competitor but a promoter… I can see a different side. Now I see there is a possibility we will stick around as a huge underground bike “side show” I say that cause these days, the fans aren’t always impressed. Even when someone pulls off an INSANE move to us, it might just be another trick to a fan who wants to see a leap of faith.

Here is a great example… I did a show this past summer with some friends… There were 3 of us. One was doing 12s, scraping & heelclickers etc etc… another was doing crazy crossed up endos, tank wheelies, and donuts…. Then I did a skitch at 60mph and the crowd went CRAZY!!! Another guy then did a burnout while standing still and blew up his tire. The skitch and final burnout were BY FAR the most impressive tricks of the day for the fans, while for us riders they were the two easiest tricks. See the picture?
Lets build up the fanbase by showing them what they want. And then impress ourselves and our friends with the gangsta ****.

I posted that last post to try and get everyone’s brains working on the same page and see clearly that we all… EVERY ******* ONE OF US STUNTERS…. Need to work together to get the word out to the public like we have been doing, and then we need to put on an impressive show for them to come watch. Maybe competitions aren’t the way to do it and it’s a paid show. Who knows, well see.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:38 PM

mattdedes is an unknown quantity at this point
dont worry shuggs, theres no sellouts here, dirtlife.com is a retarded idea
Old 01-26-2003, 08:28 PM

loose is an unknown quantity at this point
kyle

Glad to see your back and feeling better,well i go to say i think stunting is the best out there i could care less about most other sports ,i just enjoy watching you people ride !!!! keep up the good work!!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 10:08 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
**** it then

no more CBR, lets do CR

dirt took 5years to hit, if we're not doin somethin in 5 years, then im going to join the jump rope federation

Rick929
From the European videos I've seen.. They aren't going insanely fast, but they aren't going nearly as slow as go down here in Florida. They seem to be more right in the middle. I dunno what that means, but just pointing it out