Can't race due to lack of place to do so

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
stickman

tys0n_rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't race due to lack of place to do so

Ok i want to start racing, i can smoke all my friends on the twisties around here but i want more! My Problem is i live in southern illinois....like closest city is the STL area but i have no clue where the nearest track is??? Does anyone else deal with this problem I just wanna race! But dont know how to get started? any help greatly appreciated!

illinois
Old 01-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
Re: Can't race due to lack of place to do so

stuntlife i dont think youll fidn that prob here bro!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:35 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tys0n_rr
Ok i want to start racing, i can smoke all my friends on the twisties around here but i want more! My Problem is i live in southern illinois....like closest city is the STL area but i have no clue where the nearest track is??? Does anyone else deal with this problem I just wanna race! But dont know how to get started? any help greatly appreciated!

illinois
google there buddy
Old 01-23-2007, 04:37 PM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

There are alot of tracks all over the midwest Indiana, Illinois, and many others within a few hours. Try sportbiketracktime.com. I would start off with track days to see what you got. It is alot different than the streets. Some of the slowest riders on the street will smoke **** up on the track. You are in for a big surprise buddy!

Last edited by DENIRO600; 01-23-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DENIRO600
Some of the slowest riders on the street will smoke **** up on the track. You are in for a big surprise buddy!
ummm.. not really, .

Either they still rail the street hardcore too, or they just give it up and only run a race bike.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:30 AM

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah. Whatever. People ride different everwhere. I am just saying from my experience. It also goes both ways. You think you are fast on the street then you go to a track and you get stuffed in a corner. Because most people who ride on the streets don't pass in corners it is to risky. Another thing on the streets it is hard to apex a corner properly. Think about it this way. On the street all left handers are more open to highspeeds (you only have to be in the other lane for a split second). Right handers are more of a square off turn. (that is if you don't want to go into on coming traffic going in or coming out of the corner!)
Old 01-24-2007, 04:45 PM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose, I haven't seen it happen in my city. But I only know of about 10 people that have made the transition from the street to racing. U appear to have a decade more experience then me, lol.

Also.. in my city, any decent corner has a median, so we can't really go into the opposing lanes ever. We have no mountain twisties within 400km either .

Our river valley mixes it up though... like tight left turns that twist around 270 degrees with two apexes.

Last edited by CarpeDiem; 01-24-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:42 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
ummm.. not really, .

Either they still rail the street hardcore too, or they just give it up and only run a race bike.
I'm affraid so. Many people that are fast on the street get to the track and have riders that were slower than them on the street flying by them. i couldn't hold a match to a friend of mine on the street but I can easily lap him in a race. After time on the track street riding does improve, but they are two very different worlds and very different styles.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:47 PM

That is what I was talking about. My buddy has a 05 ZX10R and on the street I can smoke his *** on my 03 600RR! But take it to the track and watch out. He does have a 03 R6 with about 120 rear wheel HP! And alot more track time!