03 f4i black smoke/flames

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person
03 f4i black smoke/flames

just picked up an f4i .. when i got it back to my shop.. when i start it cold it blows black smoke and flames and when i try to give it a little revs it bogs out until i rev it harder... any ideaS?!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:04 PM

BAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 03 f4i black smoke/flames

Black usually means fuel... maybe fuel pressure regulator???
Old 06-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Free Riders

i guess ill have to try that out.. think anything like even a fuel filter? or **** gas?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Free Riders

now the bike doesn't start hahaha fuel primes... every once in a while ill get a putt out the exhaust
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

It's an ignition problem due to intermitant spark. Check CDI box, spark plugs, wires, coils.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Free Riders

cleaned the plugs checked the wires checked the coils... i got spark... got it running and then i tried giving it gas and it practically flooded im pretty sure..
Old 06-21-2010, 08:57 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BAKER01
Black usually means fuel... maybe fuel pressure regulator???
+1 it would be the first thing i would check
Old 06-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by old man roger
+1 it would be the first thing i would check
got it running.. spark plugs are one the way out but will do for now.. where would i get a regulator?! and plugs?!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

any bike shop , get the good plugs dont even waste your time with the cheap ones ..
Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Free Riders

or actually is there a wayyy i can clean the regulator???
Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 AM
C.E.O. of AJTellin's Mom.

BillDoe has a spectacular aura aboutBillDoe has a spectacular aura about

any bike shop , get the good plugs dont even waste your time with the cheap ones ..
Sometimes you can get the same plug at an automotive parts store but be sure they don't just try to give you a copper resistor core plug, always stay with what came in it which I'm sure is a Platinum finewire or Iridium plug. The cheap stuff won't last an oil change and you'll be in the same boat again. But the dealer is always a safe bet!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Free Riders

Worddd ill have to try that.. when i took off the tank theres 2 little vacuum lines.. i have no idea where they go and the idle control by the shifter isn't connected at the top and have no idea where it goes i've been looking but got no clue.. btw if you don't know i just got this f4i for stunting but i got it for mad cheap so the bike is hurtin the subframe bolts were loose.. the front rim has a dent.. i doubt the oil got changed... the guy broke the key in the gas tank and the broke the ignition so the bike would start so now i need a key set fml... tank is dented a bit (not worried ill be denting it soon enough.. came with no speedo so i dont know if they're are any CELs i dont know the mileage (supposedly 4k, doubt that)... couple other small things.. things gonna be a beast when im done with it tho
Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 AM
also known as OMR

the two vacuum lines go to the back of the air box but alot of the time the nipples that the vacuum lines go to get broken off , if so just plug the lines ..

as far as the idle control cable goes there should be two if not you want to get a second cable , the stock cable goes on the left side of the throttle bodies and that will be set around 1000 rpm then the second cable goes between the two center throttle bodies , it will replace a set screw and you will use it to adjust your high idle for stunting ..

the regulator if bad needs to be replaced because it has a rubber diaphragm inside that goes bad and like said above get the iridium plugs..
Old 06-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Free Riders

the two vacuum lines go to the back of the air box but alot of the time the nipples that the vacuum lines go to get broken off , if so just plug the lines ..

as far as the idle control cable goes there should be two if not you want to get a second cable , the stock cable goes on the left side of the throttle bodies and that will be set around 1000 rpm then the second cable goes between the two center throttle bodies , it will replace a set screw and you will use it to adjust your high idle for stunting ..

the regulator if bad needs to be replaced because it has a rubber diaphragm inside that goes bad and like said above get the iridium plugs..
awesome you wouldn't happen to know the part number of the second cable or off what bought i would get it off of? i've read those threads a million times and they say 600rr 900rr f4i but i dont know which what it is they confuse me
Old 06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Free Riders

how are ngk iridiums in this bike?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by TheFBomb13
how are ngk iridiums in this bike?
those plugs are good and im pretty sure any one of those cable will work it's just that some of them have too long of a threaded part so you may need to cut it down some
Old 06-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Free Riders

hmm if its to long ill just chop it no biggie..