F4i Acerbis Cyclops & turn signal wiring instructions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Stunt 4 life......

StUnT DaBbA is a decent person
F4i Acerbis Cyclops & turn signal wiring instructions

After messing with this for the last few months in my free time I finally got everything to work so thought that I would save anyone tat might be trying the same some time. Hit me up if something doesn't make sense.

Still need to ride the streets plus wanted to get this done right.

You will need your turn signal and headlight relays from the upper for them to work properly.

See wiring diagram below picture:

For the record: solid black wires on Acerbis and turn signals are ground and can all be tied together

Name:  ACERBIS.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  F4i-upperwiringnotes.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  65.2 KB
Name:  F4i-upperwiring.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  62.2 KB
Old 03-15-2010, 08:46 PM

zookiezook is a decent person
Re: F4i Acerbis Cyclops & turn signal wiring instructions

Originally Posted by StUnT DaBbA
After messing with this for the last few months in my freetime
damn a few months lol
still good to know .. dont have an f4i but im sure youll help some people out.. if someone cant figure it out after this thread id say give up
Old 03-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by zookiezook
damn a few months lol
still good to know .. dont have an f4i but im sure youll help some people out.. if someone cant figure it out after this thread id say give up
Worked on it, gave up, worked on it made it worse, gave up again, worked on it again got a little closer, got my engineering buddy and nailed it. Months! It's ok it was winter so not much else to do with the bike. Ready now and just in time as we're in for an early spring here and after 4 straight days of hurricane like weather I'm now ready to rock my bike for the 1st time in 5 months............. today!

1st day of the year is always a tough one for me. 3 years ago huge ticket for wheelies, 2 years ago crashed hitting some sand doing a wheelie for my in-laws. Last year I parked my bike behind my truck in the driveway, ran out for pizza and backed into it. This year I drive like an old lady the 1st day! ...................... NOT!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM

~03~raven is a decent person

Damn, did you really need to go that deep into it? You couldn't just wire it into the stock headlight plug and signal connectors? That's all I did on my bike, took me a whole 15 minutes to pull the upper get the cyclops hooked up. I just ran both lights off the high beam side so the lights could be turned off and on. I ended up taking off the blinkers on the front because they just looked retarded, people never paid attention to the damn things anyways. Could you not have just done something like that, or is the harness just to bulky and need to be removed?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by ~03~raven
Damn, did you really need to go that deep into it? You couldn't just wire it into the stock headlight plug and signal connectors? That's all I did on my bike, took me a whole 15 minutes to pull the upper get the cyclops hooked up. I just ran both lights off the high beam side so the lights could be turned off and on. I ended up taking off the blinkers on the front because they just looked retarded, people never paid attention to the damn things anyways. Could you not have just done something like that, or is the harness just to bulky and need to be removed?
Did you really spend all that time bitchin about me helping someone out

Sorry, but didn't want to hack it up like you mentioned

whatever dude

Last edited by StUnT DaBbA; 03-16-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: cuz
Old 03-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Did you really spend all that time bitchin about me helping someone out

Sorry, but didn't want to hack it up like you mentioned

whatever dude
Damn dude, pull your panties out of your ***. I wasn't talking ****, all I asked was if all that was necessary. For your information, I didn't hack up anything everything was plugged into the stock connectors. Also, if you think that took a lot of time for me to respond maybe you need to improve your typing skills... Just saying because it took me a few minutes.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Stunt 4 life......

To answer your original question it prolly wasn't necessary but since I originally posted asking ANYONE how to do this (months ago) and got no help at all I figured I would help the next guy out and save him from asking a newb question only to be met by someone like you that will turn him off to stunters and SL. Then again your a newb! What was I thinking! Newbs know it all!

Thanks for your input though kid
Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 PM

To answer your original question it prolly wasn't necessary but since I originally posted asking ANYONE how to do this (months ago) and got no help at all I figured I would help the next guy out and save him from asking a newb question only to be met by someone like you that will turn him off to stunters and SL. Then again your a newb! What was I thinking! Newbs know it all!

Thanks for your input though kid
....ok whatever you say man. Like I knew you posted up asking about this months ago since I just became active on here about a week ago or so...? When did I claim to know everything? Never. Did I say you didn't have to do that for the F4i? No. I said I didn't have to do it on mine and it only took ~15 minutes for mine. I asked you if it were necessary to go through all that trouble, or maybe there is a possible easier solution like how I set mine up. which you completely missed and took as me bitching some how.

I'm glad you think I'm the reason people would be turned off to stunting or SL. I may be a "noob" to SL and stunting but I'm not a noob to forums or MCs. I'm always willing to help and there are plenty of people who know I will if I can. Sorry you took my post the wrong way and got all butt hurt. Guess I can't post in a casual manner and will have to be completely formal. I'll take that into consideration next time I respond to anything you post.

Last edited by ~03~raven; 03-16-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Stunt 4 life......

....ok whatever you say man. Like I knew you posted up asking about this months ago since I just became active on here about a week ago or so...? When did I claim to know everything? Never. Did I say you didn't have to do that for the F4i? No. I said I didn't have to do it on mine and it only took ~15 minutes for mine. I asked you if it were necessary to go through all that trouble, or maybe there is a possible easier solution like how I set mine up. which you completely missed and took as me bitching some how.

I'm glad you think I'm the reason people would be turned off to stunting or SL. I may be a "noob" to SL and stunting but I'm not a noob to forums or MCs. I'm always willing to help and there are plenty of people who know I will if I can. Sorry you took my post the wrong way and got all butt hurt. Guess I can't post in a casual manner and will have to be completely formal. I'll take that into consideration next time I respond to anything you post.
No, your right man. Guess I was expecting something a little more positive when I posted that since I don't get many chances to post anything that everyone doesn't already know. I agree, reading it again you weren't really being negative and yes, the way you explained is an easier way to get it all working. Damn though, why didn't you tell me that when you saw my 1st thread! Maybe you did. So my apologies for being a bit of a dick myself. I'm not into any other forums to this so no pro here with them.
I have been on SL for a while and guess I just get frustrated with not really even fitting in here. I'm 50 killin wheelies forever (and still) and no one has ever gotten it. Then I found you stunters and holy crap, others like me! Well, lots better than me with the slow stuff anyway. Where the hell were you 30 years ago! Oh well, I'll get there. Just married wife #3 again (she's #3 AND #4 now! ) and she is totally into me giving this a real shot this year. Guess I should have posted in that bike vs GF post! I've been through a few that don't like coming 2nd to my bike!
Btw I did have everything hooked up like you did until I figured out how to get everything working so I can still get it inspected and on the street at least for now. I never got my blinkers working the way you explained though until I hooked up the two relays or even one just for the blinkers. Did you use relays and if not how did you get them working? They can be pretty tough here on bikes and since I ride one of the few stunters on the streets here I get an even harder time with all that I've done to it. I try to hide everything with decals!
Anyway, sorry again man and no hard feelings........... right
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NEW-3.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	237761  
Old 03-17-2010, 11:58 AM

No, your right man. Guess I was expecting something a little more positive when I posted that since I don't get many chances to post anything that everyone doesn't already know. I agree, reading it again you weren't really being negative and yes, the way you explained is an easier way to get it all working. Damn though, why didn't you tell me that when you saw my 1st thread! Maybe you did. So my apologies for being a bit of a dick myself. I'm not into any other forums to this so no pro here with them.
I have been on SL for a while and guess I just get frustrated with not really even fitting in here. I'm 50 killin wheelies forever (and still) and no one has ever gotten it. Then I found you stunters and holy crap, others like me! Well, lots better than me with the slow stuff anyway. Where the hell were you 30 years ago! Oh well, I'll get there. Just married wife #3 again (she's #3 AND #4 now! ) and she is totally into me giving this a real shot this year. Guess I should have posted in that bike vs GF post! I've been through a few that don't like coming 2nd to my bike!
Btw I did have everything hooked up like you did until I figured out how to get everything working so I can still get it inspected and on the street at least for now. I never got my blinkers working the way you explained though until I hooked up the two relays or even one just for the blinkers. Did you use relays and if not how did you get them working? They can be pretty tough here on bikes and since I ride one of the few stunters on the streets here I get an even harder time with all that I've done to it. I try to hide everything with decals!
Anyway, sorry again man and no hard feelings........... right
Hell no man, no hard feelings what-so-ever. Actually man just to let you know 50 and killing it is awesome, much respect. Hope I'm kicking like that when I reach 50, still got 25 more years. I'm a bit of a young buck.

When I set mine up I didn't have to use relays or anything on the R6. I just disconnected the stock blinkers at the stock connector, removed the stock connector plug that had been spliced onto the flushmount signals that were already on the bike. Just hooked that up to the new blinkers than zip tie them to the fork tubes. They flashed at the normal rate and all was good. I was a bit worried about that, so I didn't have to run an inline relay or anything. Runs off all the stock harness so still has all the fuses and everything. For the headlight I just took the wires from both lights on the acerbis, excluding that tiny 194 bulb in the rightside bulb housing and twisted those together and crimped them into the gold connector things that came with the headlight, then just pluged that into the stock H4 plug on the highbeam side. I still have the headlight hooked up that way so you can turn it off and on. removed the blinkers, no problems with them though.

Oh and you you might get a laugh out of this. My buddy got a F4i lot bike and the upper harness was removed only thing left was the connector. That diagram you have posted up really helped. We didn't have to hunt down a manual and trace the schematic to hook up his headlight.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Hell no man, no hard feelings what-so-ever. Actually man just to let you know 50 and killing it is awesome, much respect. Hope I'm kicking like that when I reach 50, still got 25 more years. I'm a bit of a young buck.

When I set mine up I didn't have to use relays or anything on the R6. I just disconnected the stock blinkers at the stock connector, removed the stock connector plug that had been spliced onto the flushmount signals that were already on the bike. Just hooked that up to the new blinkers than zip tie them to the fork tubes. They flashed at the normal rate and all was good. I was a bit worried about that, so I didn't have to run an inline relay or anything. Runs off all the stock harness so still has all the fuses and everything. For the headlight I just took the wires from both lights on the acerbis, excluding that tiny 194 bulb in the rightside bulb housing and twisted those together and crimped them into the gold connector things that came with the headlight, then just pluged that into the stock H4 plug on the highbeam side. I still have the headlight hooked up that way so you can turn it off and on. removed the blinkers, no problems with them though.

Oh and you you might get a laugh out of this. My buddy got a F4i lot bike and the upper harness was removed only thing left was the connector. That diagram you have posted up really helped. We didn't have to hunt down a manual and trace the schematic to hook up his headlight.
Hahaha, your welcome dude! And thanks for the respect comment! Hope your all still killin' it when your 50 too! Shocks 'em even more when they do realize my age.
Still think the R6 relays must be on the main harness somewhere and not in the upper like the F4i LOL
Old 03-17-2010, 03:47 PM

Hahaha, your welcome dude! And thanks for the respect comment! Hope your all still killin' it when your 50 too! Shocks 'em even more when they do realize my age.
Still think the R6 relays must be on the main harness somewhere and not in the upper like the F4i LOL
Oops my bad. I'm an idiot, I was talking about inline resistors for the flash rate. The stock relays that were tucked away in the front of the upper I just pulled out and left connected to the harness as they were. I just stuffed them behind the cyclops.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:10 PM

allenjhovan is an unknown quantity at this point

yo i really need some help. i have a 2002 honda f41, when i hit the starter button it jus turns over and never start. the sparks plug sparks current, the gas pump is pumping fine and the brain is ok because i tried it on anther bike and it started it what can i do to make it start, really need to ride....
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM

zookiezook is a decent person

Originally Posted by allenjhovan
yo i really need some help. i have a 2002 honda f41, when i hit the starter button it jus turns over and never start. the sparks plug sparks current, the gas pump is pumping fine and the brain is ok because i tried it on anther bike and it started it what can i do to make it start, really need to ride....
u should really start your own thread.. u might get more looks
start your own thread and ill give u my input .. o and decribe some more problems ... we dont know what you can do to make it start cause we dont know the problem .. is there compression?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Stunt 4 life......

Oops my bad. I'm an idiot, I was talking about inline resistors for the flash rate. The stock relays that were tucked away in the front of the upper I just pulled out and left connected to the harness as they were. I just stuffed them behind the cyclops.
Hahaha, never doubt the old dudes!

Old 03-18-2010, 11:27 AM

allenjhovan is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like u know a lot of stuff, i need your help. my bike will not start, i get sparks from the sparks plug, the gas pump is pumping gas and the brain is fine. the bike is onl turning over and will not fire up need some help getting started.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Stunt 4 life......

Originally Posted by allenjhovan
sounds like u know a lot of stuff, i need your help. my bike will not start, i get sparks from the sparks plug, the gas pump is pumping gas and the brain is fine. the bike is onl turning over and will not fire up need some help getting started.
Not much info but have you removed the upper fairings recently? Tip over sensor is located in the uppers so if you removed it you will need to bypass it at the master harness on the bike. If so cut the red wire with white stripe and tie it to ground (Green). When I took off my uppers I had the same symptoms and a buddy here told me it was the tip sensor (bank angle sensor). I did the mod and all was well.

Good luck and let me know how you make out man.