f4i front brake fade problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person
f4i front brake fade problem

the other day i changed out my front tire....i go out for a test ride to find that my front brakes dont work. if i move the bike at all the front brakes fade out. when i pump them up they work fine....but then fade out again when i move the bike. no probs at all b/f i changed the tire. so i bleed the brakes...still same prob. figuring that the cylinders in the caliper are seized i take the calipers apart and the cylinders out and clean em. i throw everything back together and bleed the system. take bike out for test ride and bam same brake fade problem. im lost...any help or input would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: f4i front brake fade problem

slightly bent rotor. Not bent enough to make it wobble, but bent enough to push the caliper pistons back into their holes when you move the bike.

jack up the front of the bike and spin the wheel to test it out
Old 12-10-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by MikeM
slightly bent rotor. Not bent enough to make it wobble, but bent enough to push the caliper pistons back into their holes when you move the bike.

didn't think about that thanks bro.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mikem

Jack up the front of the bike and spin the wheel to test it out
+1121232433435
Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by MikeM

yep that was the prob thanks again