how much is too much?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 07:35 PM

nsutke222 is an unknown quantity at this point
how much is too much?

Hey guys.... i finally migrated over from SBN (the go nowhere fast site)..I've been there practically since day one and was rather agitated at the lack of stuntin posts there lately so I came here..

on to my questions.. I have an '01 F4i and I see a few pics of guys stuntin them (post em here if ya got em!) and I can only think that they have some serious gearing goin on. I want to regear my bike to have more low end torque and less top speed. I rarely hit 120mph so i imagine that would be my top speed limit. What gears should I go to to be able to pull a wheelie without clutching it. I can clutch it but I have to bounce and clutch at the same time. I have a kevlar meniscus in my right knee so Its hard for me to stand up and bounce the pegs because it kills my right knee. I want to be able to bring the bike up from open/close throttle method under power..

I want to replace the chain and both sprockets.. any suggestions on how low is too low? I don't wanna be doin 12's or anything but i do want to be lower geared... HELP!

cale
Old 11-02-2002, 07:49 PM

BTBubba is an unknown quantity at this point
i went down one tooth in the front. if you want some punch w/o a lot, do that. i can get up 1st and 2nd no clutch.. sometimes even third gear standup with a nice bump :p

going to be -2 front +3 rear in a week or so. will let you know what thats like :D
Old 11-03-2002, 12:56 AM

nsutke222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by BTBubba

going to be -2 front +3 rear in a week or so. will let you know what thats like :D

This is really what I was wanting to do was go up in the rear. I was told that going down more than 1 on the front is too extreme of an angle because its such a small sprocket and will decrease chain life expectancy SEVERELY!.. I was thinking of going up 4 in the rear.. any ideas on how that would affect the bike?

cale
Old 11-03-2002, 02:09 AM

BTBubba is an unknown quantity at this point
cale i think that setup, +4 rear, would be equivalent to -1 in front. they say the -1 front is soemthing equivalent of a +3 or 4 rear sprocket.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:34 AM

work765 is an unknown quantity at this point
just put a front sprocket on...... your worried about your chains life, and your doing wheelies? get it.