636 question (How to bypass neutral start)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person
636 question (How to bypass neutral start)

636 question...

I would like to be able to start my bike without it needing to be in neutral... Is there any way to bypass this?

Also Do I need to put an oil pickup in this bike?

Anyone had any problems not disabling the tip sensor?

I come from the GSXR world into the 636 world and am almost fully setup...hohey'd out too
Old 05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 question (How to bypass neutral start)

tip over sensor does not require disabling

Clutch safety switch is on probably gone if you are not using the stock clutch perch, put a jumper on the wires

doesnt need a pickup

and your still a squid like me :D
Old 05-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

Originally Posted by LRMzx636
tip over sensor does not require disabling

Clutch safety switch is on probably gone if you are not using the stock clutch perch, put a jumper on the wires

doesnt need a pickup

and your still a squid like me :D
Will jumping the clutch safety switch make it possible to start the bike in any gear? On my bike i dont have to pull in the clutch to fire it up...Just has to be in neutral... Are we talking baout the same thing?

Oh and to your Squid comment.... I havent graduated to a squid yet.... I just moved up to a tentacle...from a suction cup!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

Also what does everyone do with the choke cable... I am using FI clipons.. so i just removed the whole turn signal box at the wiring harness, and taped the choke cable to another cable...
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AdrenalineBoyz
Also what does everyone do with the choke cable... I am using FI clipons.. so i just removed the whole turn signal box at the wiring harness, and taped the choke cable to another cable...
The choke cable can go away... just disconcet it
Old 05-08-2009, 08:33 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

yeah i dont know what that choke thing was but it aint on my bike any more. i dont have that clutch start switch any more either. not sure about the tip over sensor. always did it on my RRs but i havent had any problems with this one. i just kinda figured dude i bought it from already had it done cuz he had some stunt parts on there. do the clean air mod for sure. and i too would like to know how to disable the start in nuetral ****.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:02 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

It is in the square plug by the radiator cap. I will try to look at mine later and give you a color code onthe wires. I took out the bar and weight in my tip sensor because it would turn off sometimes stalling
Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

yeah it sure would be awesome to be able to start the bike in gear!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

I looked and forgot to post I think it was red wire with a green stripe and a green wire with a white stripe
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

Just jump the two? also confirming that these wires are on the clip that the turn signal box used to plug into?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

oh yeah I had a bad wreck...55MPH seat stander last Saturday, and my handbrake failed... the bike slammed down slid for about 20-30 feet, was laying on its side still running..I had to get up and shut it off... never disabled the tip sensor.... so I guess no worries about that thing!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

bump for a good question
Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by AdrenalineBoyz
oh yeah I had a bad wreck...55MPH seat stander last Saturday, and my handbrake failed... the bike slammed down slid for about 20-30 feet, was laying on its side still running..I had to get up and shut it off... never disabled the tip sensor.... so I guess no worries about that thing!
that sucks. why'd the HB fail? Ever figure that out?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:08 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

And OMR should know how to do this ****. Hook a brotha up omar. He's been riding 636's since there were dinosaurs.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
that sucks. why'd the HB fail? Ever figure that out?
Well it was actualy my own fault for being a stupid SQUID, and not having patience for my hohey resevoirs to arrive...

I took the stock resevoir and bought a cheap "T" from the auto parts store, and ran it to my handbrake, woulda worked fine if I had taken all the air out of the system, but i didnt, the cup fell upside down, and all the fluid ran into the cup... So you see I clearly am a moron SQUID! And I deserve all the pain that was dished upon my plate!

So needless to say, i got a new paint job... LOLLOL
Old 05-20-2009, 04:07 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
And OMR should know how to do this ****. Hook a brotha up omar. He's been riding 636's since there were dinosaurs.
my ***** been bypassed since jesus was in high school , i dont remember what color they were
Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

Originally Posted by old man roger
my ***** been bypassed since jesus was in high school , i dont remember what color they were
Guess I will say a prayer and see if Jesus remembers what colors?? I thought this was "Help and How to" not hide and tell???
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IV
yeah i dont know what that choke thing was but it aint on my bike any more.

lol, that got thrown in the trash on the initial tear down of the bike
Old 05-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

wow people are straight refusing to help a brother out here?????
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

dude the 2nd post had your answer

Quick Reply: 636 question (How to bypass neutral start)