R6 Not starting

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 AM

Ham7 is a decent person
R6 Not starting

my roommate has 1999 r6, former Wera race bike, fully set up, but doesn't start. Sat for a while, started last winter for a little while, bad gas sat in it for the whole winter and summer. Tried to fire it up and it will not fire. checked SPARK, HAD SPARK. I have heard that these bike has rectifier issues...any ideas what to check. The stator could have nothing to do with it, i cant see it having to do with the ecu..It just seems like it has something not letting it actually fire...idk, just wanted to try to get it running cause its getting cold and im getting bored.

and help would be great

mike
Old 11-22-2008, 01:01 AM

DC-stunts is a decent person
Re: R6 Not starting

Originally Posted by Ham7
my roommate has 1999 r6, former Wera race bike, fully set up, but doesn't start. Sat for a while, started last winter for a little while, bad gas sat in it for the whole winter and summer. Tried to fire it up and it will not fire. checked SPARK, HAD SPARK. I have heard that these bike has rectifier issues...any ideas what to check. The stator could have nothing to do with it, i cant see it having to do with the ecu..It just seems like it has something not letting it actually fire...idk, just wanted to try to get it running cause its getting cold and im getting bored.

and help would be great

mike
I have an 02 that had the same thing happen on my bike the carbs were all gummed up and I had to rebuild them and the bike fired the first time then it was just to tune them and the bike ran perfect. Hope that will help.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 AM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

definitely clean the carbs.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:07 AM

Ham7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
I have an 02 that had the same thing happen on my bike the carbs were all gummed up and I had to rebuild them and the bike fired the first time then it was just to tune them and the bike ran perfect. Hope that will help.
What did the kit cost you to rebuilt,, what was the kit called? I feel like its not that, bc it ran for a while when he was going to go to the track with it last year. But it stopped on him like half way through first lap and didn't start again. People said maybe the fuel filter..i kno its not that at this point. any more suggestions.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

clean the carbs
Old 11-26-2008, 12:27 AM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

yo wheeliest! hows az?

oh and not to threadjack, i'd try draining all the fuel,drain all the float bowls, add
fresh fuel, try again. it just might work. haha