F4i Ape CCT Install w Pics

Old 06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i Ape CCT Install w Pics

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Nah nah I dind't mean it in a bad way at all lol

I said I followed the directions, because I did lol

However every one who has told me how to install an APE, said "**** the directions, just tighten it tells its quiet"

everyone alwasy told me its too much of a pain in the *** to check cam chain tenson lol.. I just poped my clutch cover off to make sure of it

But after following hte directions, I think all they did was slow me down.. Considering adjusting it to the 'right' amount of slack, and its way to lose lol
Word. I was waiting for the towilee wrath lol. Glad you didnt come back blasting haha. Yeah the directions sucked coz you follow them and its still fucked. Im gonna get this **** right today though coz Im tired of dealing with this ****. And yeah, it wasnt a pain to check the tension on the cam chain - took me a few extra minutes and that was actually the first time I ever took the case cover off. What took me more time was attaching the sensor from the cover because I unplugged it to take the whole cover off instead of letting it hang and then I couldnt reach the ****** harness to plug it back in
Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
What took me more time was attaching the sensor from the cover because I unplugged it to take the whole cover off instead of letting it hang and then I couldnt reach the ****** harness to plug it back in
LOL

I tried unpluging that ****, but gave up and leg it hang

BTW if you haven't done it already, do the clutch arm mod while you have the clutch cover off, thats what I did while I was in there :YEAH
Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
LOL

I tried unpluging that ****, but gave up and leg it hang

BTW if you haven't done it already, do the clutch arm mod while you have the clutch cover off, thats what I did while I was in there :YEAH
That was another thing I was pissed off about. I did this **** at night and once I had the cover off I started thinking dam I wish I could go get this **** welded right now to do the clutch arm mod ************
Old 06-10-2008, 01:49 AM
NealFoReal

So my dumb *** got home and adjusted the **** again. I used a glove this time towilee lol and got my chubby hands in there. Got the bike up to operating temperature and adjusted it again. Had it to where I thought it was good and started riding. Still heard the same noise. Finally asked one of my boys who works at a shop to check it out for me. Turns out I had it adjusted right the whole time and that noise I was hearing wasnt the cct. So, I basically adjusted it about 6 or 8 different times for nothing I think the noise I was hearing might be coz my chain is too tight I think anyway. I havent been able to hear **** over the rattling for weeks already so I'm gonna loosen up the chain tomorrow and see if I still hear that noise I'm hearing. I'm just glad that I'm done w that **** for now :YEAH Was starting to drive me ****** nuts.