929 fork swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:44 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
929 fork swap questions

I found a deal on some 929 forks.. Just hte fork tubes them selves, but its a start

One, is 929 even a good swap to do? Do I need to run the Hohey setup to keep from having to lower the bike?

And does the bike have to be lowered if I run dirt bars?

AND, does a 1000rr or any other upper triple fit? What are my options for mounting my dirt bars with my tag risers?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 929 fork swap questions

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I found a deal on some 929 forks.. Just hte fork tubes them selves, but its a start

One, is 929 even a good swap to do? Do I need to run the Hohey setup to keep from having to lower the bike?

AND, does a 1000rr or any other upper triple fit? What are my options for mounting my dirt bars with my tag risers?
the forks are the cheap part, finding a deal on the rim and rotors will be a feat

If you run clipons above the triple clamp, that lowers it about an inch
You cant mount risers to a stock 929 clamp. Aftermarket, or a first gen RC51 which is flat. That will lower it about a half inch.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

with hohey you can mount clip ons on top so it won't effect ride hight as much as if you didn't. think someone even said if you raise the forks half inch more it will make it same ride hight as stock f4i. i want to retain my gpr and run db bars. bill from full-throttle is making something up as we speak so im gonna wait to see what he brings to the table before i buy hohey set up
Old 03-26-2008, 09:38 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

find the link that ghostie started about the r1 front on f4i its got some good info and i think that is where i saw the 1/2 in thing
Old 03-26-2008, 10:15 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Towlieee

finding tripples should'nt be a problem but your gonna spend $$$ on a wheel n fender! the hohey upper tripple is gonna be a good investment because the stock 929/954 upper has a crazy angle on it and you cant just drill and mount db bars! there are a few companys that make mounts i know freestyle inginuity makes sum and they are gay tall as hell
Old 03-27-2008, 12:31 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
the forks are the cheap part, finding a deal on the rim and rotors will be a feat
you can mod the f4i rim to fit.... take the wheel to a machine shop w/ the 929 bearing... they will do it in less then an hour.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:51 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

oh ya forgot to add I cuolda got a super cheap bent wheel

and I know rotors will be alot, figure I could probably get some for $100-$150

but I think the deal fell through.. I heard through the grapevine he sold them, hopefully not..

was gonna be $100 for the fork tubes.. Not a bad price I'd say... I know I'd still have to invest at LEAST $200, probably more like $300-$400, but still, not a bad price for a new front end

Hopefully they are still available!