04 636 cage/motor mount bolt??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:35 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough
04 636 cage/motor mount bolt??

I just picked up a used powers cage from a guy off stuntlfe. The cage is fine, but my question is............

He told me the stock motor mount bolts will work, well.. they would work if I could fit a socket inside the cage to tighten the bolt. THe bolt fits through the slider part of the cage but just barely, theres no way to get my socket in there to tighten it. Its a 17mm socket and it will not fit.
I just took off a busted up MXD cage that came with the bike, is there a chance that the 17mm motor mount bolts that I have are not the stock ones, like maybe they came with the mxd cage and now will not work with the Powers cage??
Or is there a thin wall 17mm socket that may fit through so I can get it tightened up??
Really need help on this one, I'd like to ride by Friday.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 04 636 cage/motor mount bolt??

there are thin wall sockets but i think the bike came stock with allen head bolts from the factory so you are probably right about them being from mxd...
Old 12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i would get new allen head bolts if i were you
Old 12-12-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
i would get new allen head bolts if i were you

Alright, roger. Thanks.

Now i gotta call the stealership tomorrow to get em. No way they'll have them by Friday.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:03 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by apfire26
Alright, roger. Thanks.

Now i gotta call the stealership tomorrow to get em. No way they'll have them by Friday.
you should be able to get them at lowes..

i think the stock ones will be too short
Old 12-12-2007, 09:08 PM

you should be able to get them at lowes..

i think the stock ones will be too short

Ooooo.......I see I see. So I'll just bring the ones I have now to lowes and compare. Is there a certain grade bolt I should use?? I know some are stronger than others.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:19 PM
also known as OMR

im not sure if they have different grades in metric bolts at lowes but i have used a bunch from there

i know in standard sizes they have grade 8 bolts and that is a very strong grade bolt
Old 12-12-2007, 09:31 PM

im not sure if they have different grades in metric bolts at lowes but i have used a bunch from there

i know in standard sizes they have grade 8 bolts and that is a very strong grade bolt

Alright, standard grade 8. Thats what I'll get.....and a set of standard allens,
Old 12-12-2007, 09:44 PM
also known as OMR

when i say standard i mean[SAE] not metric, they have more grades in standard bolts because they sell more of them at lowes then metric bolts so i think they only sell metric bolts in one grade and i don't know what grade they are....

Last edited by old man roger; 12-12-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

I had the same problem. I found a metric grade 8 at Home Depot. It was the black one. Or look for a "nuts, bolts and fasteners" warehouse. They will deff have what ever you need as long as it's a nut, a bolt, or...a fastener.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:44 PM

Nothing at the Lowes, Home Depot or the local hardware store here in this shitty town. Not sure what to do now. Guess I'll be making a trip out of town for 2 bolts.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:07 PM
also known as OMR

old school ,open the phone book ...lol

measure what you got and call around to see who has some
Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 PM

old school ,open the phone book ...lol

measure what you got and call around to see who has some

I'm hoping a friend in Sarasota will know if theres anything in his area, that way I can just make the trip to get the bolts and ride after I get the cage on.
If he doesn't let me know by tomorrow I'll have to pull out the ol phone book.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:15 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

ace hardware has a better selection if there is one by you
Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by suicidl
ace hardware has a better selection if there is one by you

I think we have one around here. I'll check em out tomorrow after work.