Help: Trying to stunt out my 06 R6

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:57 PM

06R6STUNT is a decent person
Help: Trying to stunt out my 06 R6

Look, I know the r6 bikes are terrible for stunting but its what Ive got and I dont have the money to trade. Shes completely stock right now other than a cage and a power commander. What sprokets should I get and I know the sub frames are garbage, is there a good way to beef the stock one up or is there an aftermarket one made. Also do I need to do anythign to switch that fly-by-wire throttle system the bike has on it? Thanks
Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 PM

dapittsta is a decent person
Re: Help: Trying to stunt out my 06 R6

I'm actually running into the same problem with my bike. I have an 07. Only parts I can find are for an 03-05 yzf or an 06-07 r6s.

I can't find a sub frame, a stunt cage (I found a street cage but I want a full stunt cage), 12 o clock bar, and the shop told me they don't make sprockets like that for this bike... I haven't researched that any farther yet. I'm sure someone out there can make me a +15 sprocket that'll fit.

If you happen to come across anything useful, please share.

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Help: Trying to stunt out my 06 R6

The r6v model is probably the worst bike to get in to stunting with mostly because of the fly by wire. There are very few ppl that have successfully bypassed it to be able to adjust the idle. And those who have had to fabricate some ****. Nobody produces an aftermarket subframe that I have ever seen, you would need to have someone custom fabricate one for you. There are cage companies that make cages for those bikes and never go to a regular bike shop looking for stunt sized sprockets because they don't know what the **** they are talking about. All in all, get rid of that bike, find someone that will trade for the r6s model and you will have much better luck. R6s is a beast stunt bike with plenty of aftermarket parts available including subframes. Don't waste your time and money investing in that bike.