To "Z" or not to"Z"

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
To "Z" or not to"Z"

I have an opportunity to get a cherry Z1000 w/ only 3000 miles. I'm thinking I'ld rather beat something else up than my R1, it's still pretty cherry. So, anybody know anyone w/ a "Z" that like it? I know thier heavy, but I'm pretty big, not too worried about that. More or less worried about the forks.........So........

Oh yeah, it's only $3000......
Old 01-22-2007, 08:04 PM

FREESTYLEKYLE is a decent person
Re: To "Z" or not to"Z"

I've always thought they'd be fun to stunt by looking at it, but i've never rode one or know of anyone whose tried to stunt one.........

good deal for that price
Old 01-22-2007, 08:12 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

I think there's a guy from north Florida on here that stunts one.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Any body know his "stuntlife" name?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:07 PM

I'm taking it out for a test ride today.........we'll see how she feels on 1.....
Old 01-23-2007, 03:24 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

josh this is all ihave to say about the z1000
its bad *** man

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...3c00d016c1.htm
Old 01-23-2007, 04:52 PM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

^^^ that guy was killing that thing
Old 01-23-2007, 05:01 PM

TNDragonrnr is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked mine a lot, I sold it in September but they wheelie good. I usually rode wheelies between 60 and 70 on it. I am looking for another one now. Mine was just too nice for me to stunt in the lot. That is a good price too.

http://moto.cled17.com/stunt-avec-une-kawasaki-z1000

Last edited by TNDragonrnr; 01-23-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i want to try stoppies on one .........
Old 01-24-2007, 10:01 PM

I got to ride it yesterday for a couple hours, man, that thing lives to be on one wheel! Unfortunatly, it doesn't really like to be on the front wheel too much , but it loves to be on the rear. I was slowing down the first few sitdowns I tried (pretty good for me, for the first time on it). I like it, I'm gonna get it...........forks can always be sent away.....:YEAH :YEAH
Old 01-24-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
its bad *** man

Today, I'm on dial-up, Rome. I'll scope out this vid tomorrow when I have high-speed at work......can't wait!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
I got to ride it yesterday for a couple hours, man, that thing lives to be on one wheel! Unfortunatly, it doesn't really like to be on the front wheel too much , but it loves to be on the rear. I was slowing down the first few sitdowns I tried (pretty good for me, for the first time on it). I like it, I'm gonna get it...........forks can always be sent away.....:YEAH :YEAH
Before you have them reworked get some SS lines and EBC HH pads it is a huge help over stock.You can use ZX6R forks also. Here is what you need to do....

05/06 FORK SWAP

05/06 ZX636 forks
05/06 front axle / axle nut
part # 92152-1251 axle spacers (need 2 )
636 calipers (04 and up ZX10 will work as well)
caliper bolts
new crush washers
brake lines plus 4" looks like what will be needed
front fender from 05/06 ZX636 or 04 and up ZX10

TORQUE SPECS

Top Fork Pinch Bolts 6.5 ft lbs
Bottom Fork Pinch Bolts 15ft. Lbs
Brake Line Banjo Bolts 18.5 ft. lbs
Caliper Bolts 18.5 ft. lbs
Axle Pinch Bolts 18.5 ft. lbs
Axle 94 ft. Lbs

TOOLS

5mm allen head socket (upper pinch bolts )
6mm allen head socket
10mm socket
12mm socket (to remove calipers from stock Z forks)
1/4 drive torque wrench
3/8 drive torque wrench
socket to remove axle ( a spark plug socket with the rubber removed and a 3" ext. inside works perfectly)

COWL REMOVAL

All you need to remove the cowl is remove the screen and then undo the two 10mm nuts that hold the screen bracket on. Then you just pull the top of the cowl out towards you, then lift the headlight cowl up carefully because it is mounted on rubber O ring mounts and then you can unplug the headlight loom.
Put the Z on it’s rear stand and before lifting the front of the bike make sure to break loosen the caliper bolts and axle ( I used a floor jack with a board under the headers to lift the front up).Remove the front fender, you will not be reusing this fender .
With the front tire a couple of inches off the ground finish removing the axle and take off the front tire. Set aside the axle and spacers because you WILL NOT USE THEM with the new forks. Unbolt the calipers and hang them from the bars with??? (I used bungee cords). Working on one side at a time loosen the top and bottom pinch bolts that hold the fork in place, be careful because the fork will slide down when all bolts are loosened. Remove fork and replace with the correct side 636 fork. I slide my forks up 1 3/8". When you slide the other fork up into place make sure that BOTH forks are the same height when you torque down the pinch bolts. After you have tightened all fork pinch bolts to spec you can put your front wheel back on using the NEW AXLE and NEW AXLE SPACERS. A little grease on the axle helps it slide in and make sure to use some anti seize on the axle nut. Next swap out your calipers, lines and bleed the system. Double check all your torque specs and put your front fender on. Let your front end down set your sag and go play.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:47 PM

Reeff is an unknown quantity at this point

dudes killin that thing
Old 01-26-2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by TNDragonrnr
Before you have them reworked get some SS lines and EBC HH pads it is a huge help over stock.You can use ZX6R forks also. Here is what you need to do....

05/06 FORK SWAP

05/06 ZX636 forks
05/06 front axle / axle nut
part # 92152-1251 axle spacers (need 2 )
636 calipers (04 and up ZX10 will work as well)
caliper bolts
new crush washers
brake lines plus 4" looks like what will be needed
front fender from 05/06 ZX636 or 04 and up ZX10

TORQUE SPECS

Top Fork Pinch Bolts 6.5 ft lbs
Bottom Fork Pinch Bolts 15ft. Lbs
Brake Line Banjo Bolts 18.5 ft. lbs
Caliper Bolts 18.5 ft. lbs
Axle Pinch Bolts 18.5 ft. lbs
Axle 94 ft. Lbs

TOOLS

5mm allen head socket (upper pinch bolts )
6mm allen head socket
10mm socket
12mm socket (to remove calipers from stock Z forks)
1/4 drive torque wrench
3/8 drive torque wrench
socket to remove axle ( a spark plug socket with the rubber removed and a 3" ext. inside works perfectly)

COWL REMOVAL

All you need to remove the cowl is remove the screen and then undo the two 10mm nuts that hold the screen bracket on. Then you just pull the top of the cowl out towards you, then lift the headlight cowl up carefully because it is mounted on rubber O ring mounts and then you can unplug the headlight loom.
Put the Z on it’s rear stand and before lifting the front of the bike make sure to break loosen the caliper bolts and axle ( I used a floor jack with a board under the headers to lift the front up).Remove the front fender, you will not be reusing this fender .
With the front tire a couple of inches off the ground finish removing the axle and take off the front tire. Set aside the axle and spacers because you WILL NOT USE THEM with the new forks. Unbolt the calipers and hang them from the bars with??? (I used bungee cords). Working on one side at a time loosen the top and bottom pinch bolts that hold the fork in place, be careful because the fork will slide down when all bolts are loosened. Remove fork and replace with the correct side 636 fork. I slide my forks up 1 3/8". When you slide the other fork up into place make sure that BOTH forks are the same height when you torque down the pinch bolts. After you have tightened all fork pinch bolts to spec you can put your front wheel back on using the NEW AXLE and NEW AXLE SPACERS. A little grease on the axle helps it slide in and make sure to use some anti seize on the axle nut. Next swap out your calipers, lines and bleed the system. Double check all your torque specs and put your front fender on. Let your front end down set your sag and go play.

Sweet! Thanks, bro!.....
Old 01-26-2007, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
its bad *** man

That's what I'm talkin about, Rome! That guy was murderin that thing! I should have mine soon. I'l post pics soon thereafter........
Old 01-26-2007, 06:32 PM

I liked mine a lot, I sold it in September but they wheelie good. I usually rode wheelies between 60 and 70 on it. I am looking for another one now. Mine was just too nice for me to stunt in the lot. That is a good price too.

I hit the wrong Damn button.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:44 PM

JamesZrider is a decent person

I love my Z! It responds very well to small sprocket changes because of its already very short gear ratio. You can bring it up with a blip of the throttle in second gear at 6000. I run 2 up in the back w/520 conversion and yosh slipons.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:46 PM

I didn't see your link till just now..........I saw that vid a few months back. That guy has serious skills! I want my z1000! Thanks, bro!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:55 PM

I don't have any action shots of mine but I ran -1 +2, power commander and a full Muzzy 4-2-1. I wish I would have bought a scrap tank, tail, and a cage for it. I am having trouble finding a decent stunt bike.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Z10003.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	187657  
Old 01-26-2007, 06:57 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

that french guy on the red one rides waay harder!

but either way josh post pics when u get it.

stock exhaust on those things are PIMP!