jmann954 is an unknown quantity at this point
can u make a quad streetlegal

anyone know im callin dmv tommorow post up if u know
Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: can u make a quad streetlegal

Originally Posted by jmann954
anyone know im callin dmv tommorow post up if u know
AZ is the only state I know of that you can make your quad street legal. You need directionals, mirrors, horn, hi/low beam, running light, and brake light. Most states require all street vehicles to have a metal gas tank, which is why it's often difficult to register a dirtbike for the road.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:59 PM

Speedy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

what if u have an older dirtbike with a metal gas tank nowever i guess u could just fab u a metal gas tank or something like that... have an aluminum one made .. that'd be cool
Old 03-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

In michigan you cant due to the fact that no 4 wheel vehicle can have an open chain drive.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:39 PM

jmann954 is an unknown quantity at this point

what about a utility quad that has a shaft drive.and as far as metal tank drz 400 supermoto has a plastic tank. and baja industries makes a kit that i can make my crf 50 street legal.i will find out tommorow what ever we have to do we will do it.and as far as open chain drive if u know anyone that can do fab work just enclose that chain and thats it.i hope we can do it that **** would be sik.we will know tommorow.i will let yall know. myspace.com/teamonone
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 PM

TNDragonrnr is an unknown quantity at this point

It will be interesting to find out. Damn Bicycles are leagal and they don't have directionals, headlight, taillight, gas tank, tags, insurance, or a closed chain-
Old 03-09-2007, 08:49 AM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmann954
what about a utility quad that has a shaft drive.and as far as metal tank drz 400 supermoto has a plastic tank. and baja industries makes a kit that i can make my crf 50 street legal.i will find out tommorow what ever we have to do we will do it.and as far as open chain drive if u know anyone that can do fab work just enclose that chain and thats it.i hope we can do it that **** would be sik.we will know tommorow.i will let yall know. myspace.com/teamonone

The Suzuki DRZ's, Honda XL's, and others are made to be street legal from the manufactors. Therefore, they are in the DMV registry as street legal factory motorcycles. But that is a whole other topic. The man is asking about street legal quads, and like I said before... AZ is the only state I know of.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Get an ag registration and put a Slowmoving vehical sign on the back in Wisconsin and you can ride anywhere you want. just ahve to obey a 25mph slowmoving vehical speed limit, and prove you were in an action of agriculutal work. We used to ride everywhere, but remeber wheelies are illegal regardless. so if your going to go mess around on the road you might as well just take the registration ticket there going to give you for cooperating
Old 03-27-2007, 11:30 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

u can in arizona
Old 04-07-2007, 01:26 PM
NAZ

NAZ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by -ChaOs-
In michigan you cant due to the fact that no 4 wheel vehicle can have an open chain drive.
not to mention that brendon and i would no longer have a valid license
Old 04-07-2007, 04:54 PM

ScottsWorld is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a new drz 400 supermoto and the tank is metal, you can always do what tricked out cycles did and turn a busa into a quad and it is street lgal
Old 04-07-2007, 08:33 PM

nnrider is a decent person

in colorado a guy made is banshee street legal... he rides it all over!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:33 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to have a street legal quad. don't think you could in my state though
Old 06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

z400doawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -Drew-
AZ is the only state I know of that you can make your quad street legal. You need directionals, mirrors, horn, hi/low beam, running light, and brake light. Most states require all street vehicles to have a metal gas tank, which is why it's often difficult to register a dirtbike for the road.
the factory gas tank on my s10 is plastic.... i know you can get insurance on the quad, but you may not get a tag...

Old 06-12-2007, 05:11 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

you can get it liscensed for the streed in an illegal way
Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 PM

majorjohnson is a decent person

I was thinking about building an all black Raptor for the parking lots of SouthBeach. It would be perfect if I could get a tag. My GF is terrified to ride on the back of my F4i.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:38 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

i know you cant i my state but ive heard u can in maryland. that **** would be awesome though
Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 PM

jeepster is a decent person

They are easy to legalize in Montana and Wyoming. I just made my fathers new Can-am legal while I was home on break. They only require a mirror, high/low, tail/brake, horn, and speedo in montana. As far as the metal tank, I don't know what state requires that, but it sounds like a bunch of bull to me. Tons of vehicles come with plastic tanks.
To get around the exposed chain, just build a simple bolt together plastic gaurd around it. Tons of the early quads and most 3-wheelers had metal or plasctic gaurds that went all the way around the chain on both sides. Maybe a good place to look for a makeshift shroud.
DOT tires are the main issue with most places. Even if the quad is legalized, I dont think that they can be riden on the federal highways w/out a DOT stamp on the tire. I have heard rumors that the old school mini coopers are now being fitted with 10" tires that will fit quad wheels. I have not seen this in person though.

The question I have is, if I get plates for mine in MT can I still drive it in Oregon? If it has plates, it's legal in all 50 states correct?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:02 PM

I called around just to get some ideas. I think that these tires will fit front 10x5 wheels.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...t=All&x=95&y=3
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...=All&x=100&y=6

There are a ton of companies that make 10" tires for the mini cooper, street legal golf carts, trailers, etc. http://www.minimania.com/web/STSearc..._Inventory.cfm

That means that if all other laws are met, there is no reason that it cannot be made 50 state street legal.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:46 PM

the bike must also conform to all EPA requirements (ie an emission test) and be able to meet Federal requirements for federal vehicle registration. ( rulles http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...ction_toc=2088 and http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...ction_toc=2089 ) I'm gonna try to do this in Oregon and see how it goes.

Quick Reply: can u make a quad streetlegal