Opening up my tattoo studio again!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold
Opening up my tattoo studio again!!!!!

Just recently decided to start up my tattoo studio again.. Tactical Tattoo Studio.

If business continues to grow like it did when I chilled on doin them before, then I will rent some cheap space locally and open a shop, but in the meantime I'm sacraficing the office to do some work and finish some clients up that need larger outlines shaded and colored, and sleeves finished! Loyal customers are reluctant to go elsewhere I guess??
But I get a steady two calls a week from people wanting work since I took a break from it! I'm sure their numbers will grow if the economy doesn't affect tattoo patrons to much also... pffft.

I've ben doin tattoos since 1992 so it's not like I'm just some scratch artist... IN fact it was what I did full time before I started my own contracting business. I'd always remodeled part time to help make the ends meet and then eventually, I took my tattooing to a professional tattoo studio setting and got a key and an alarm code and was opening the doors 5 hours earlier than normal by myself, and doin it full time. I was supposed to be an apprentice for six months, but once he seen the work I had already ben doin, I started to open the studio and was doin 98% fo all the tatoos per requests not that long thereafter! That really pissed people off, so I had to go to another shop. and eventually saw more money in construction and had to do what was best for the family and not what made me happy to go to work every day!

IT was great until the bubble popped!

I had a short apprenticeship under chris "kc kid" whittaker tho, who apprenticed under grumpy bear... I went to college for commercial art. APT and everything.
And for now I'm going to do mainly custom bigger pieces out of the house and see where it goes from there. IF it starts to keep growing like it was before I stopped, then I may look to hire another artist and open a shop if the housing market doesn't fire back up anytime soon...(I may do both).
When I was bringin down $1,500./week minimum off of all those suckers with subprime loans on new homes probably... I was too busy to fool with any tattooing, so regretfully that is why I put it down for a few years. Now I'm going to start enjoying what I do, and still do painting and remodelling too, it'll just in addition to this.

Anyways... I was just wanting to spread the news. If you are ever in KC and wanting some ink. I'll give a stunter discount to chedderheads that mention stuntlife when you hit me up. jstuntlocke@yahoo.com
Jason Locke,
Tactical Tattoo Studio

thanks!

WHAT IM WORKIN ON NOW: Here's a couple custom pieces of flash I'm workin on right meow. I recieved deposits on these so they are scheduled for a couple days away, and as you can tell, I'm still workin on them! LOL ...procrastinator...
I'll post some pics of fresh work here really quick and try to keep this post updated as much as I think about it. I kinda forget this section is even in here!

Name:  hpim53822.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  24.1 KB
Name:  HPIM5381.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  29.9 KB

Thanks for lookin ... stay tuned!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about
Re: Opening up my tattoo studio again!!!!!

awsome dude.. I been wanting some new ink Lol should so draw me somethings up!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I'll draw up custom flash for people no doubt. But you get what you pay for.
I won't beat you up on it, I'm really fair. But I won't discuss prices and share artwork in public anyways unless you want someone else wearing your tattoo. It takes a lot of trust on both parties too.
These two pieces I'm workin on here I didn't really care about because they are variations on other pieces of flash.

hit up my email if you want some help with that. jstuntlocke@yahoo.com
Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Heh man i understand for sure... The ink i have on my forearm i drew up and one of my friends saw it and asked if he could take a picture so i let him and a week later he went and got the same tattoo... I was so ****** mad. Let me think of some **** and i will get back with you. Good luck with your studio though man thats awsome wish i could do it.. But im not sure how well i would do on peoples skin its a whole diff game then paper. lol
Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 AM
hunts and stunts

it's funny you mention that because I have an old tattoo machine that I was thinking of selling with my back up power source that I never use or need really. It would be a good set up to learn on if anyone is interested.

No tubes or needle bars for sale though, but I could set you up with where to get them and advice and stuff like that. I'm really a pretty cool guy despite what you may or may not have heard! LOL <kidding...
Old 01-07-2009, 12:49 AM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

good **** man...i just started tattoo...ive only done five and they came out pretty good......
heres one i did on my self and the other is my sister
Name:  DSCF6529.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  12.9 KBName:  DSCF8005-1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  16.3 KB
Old 01-07-2009, 07:40 AM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by havok
good **** man...i just started tattoo...ive only done five and they came out pretty good......
heres one i did on my self and the other is my sister
Cool.. who are you apprenticeing under? Or are you just learning on your own? Are you workin in a studio?

I see you got colors goin.. where did you get those from? I hope not spaulding and rodgers!!LOL Seriously tho, those things are poison for real. They are pumped full of mercury and that doesn't mix with sunlight too well... tattoo's will swell up and itch in the sunlight, and 2 times as much if there is any type of scarring done at all! I'm old school and still use the safe and reliable national tattoo supply homoginized inks...

It's good that you can practice on yourself, family, and freinds like that too... I have a bunch of freinds that I'm totally jelous of, that are walkin around with some awesome ink and I've got **** work I need fixed on my armband, and my sleeve needs finished!

Good goin gettin started in it buddy.. It's a fun way to earn money. And what I like the most about it is that someone can come to me with just an idea.. just a bunch of eletrical brain impulses... nothing tangable.... nothing you can see or touch.
And then I take those thoughts and turn them into a piece of artwork that will last a lifetime! I always seem to nail it on the first try too! Iv'e never had anyone come back after leaving a deposit for me to draw a custom piece and said that they didn't like what I drew up... It's their thoughts on paper with me being the traslator! That part's the coolest to me.
They are walkin around forever changed by what we do man. it's heavy, but cool!

good luck....
Old 01-07-2009, 10:27 AM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
Cool.. who are you apprenticeing under? Or are you just learning on your own? Are you workin in a studio?

I see you got colors goin.. where did you get those from? I hope not spaulding and rodgers!!LOL Seriously tho, those things are poison for real. They are pumped full of mercury and that doesn't mix with sunlight too well... tattoo's will swell up and itch in the sunlight, and 2 times as much if there is any type of scarring done at all! I'm old school and still use the safe and reliable national tattoo supply homoginized inks...

It's good that you can practice on yourself, family, and freinds like that too... I have a bunch of freinds that I'm totally jelous of, that are walkin around with some awesome ink and I've got **** work I need fixed on my armband, and my sleeve needs finished!

Good goin gettin started in it buddy.. It's a fun way to earn money. And what I like the most about it is that someone can come to me with just an idea.. just a bunch of eletrical brain impulses... nothing tangable.... nothing you can see or touch.
And then I take those thoughts and turn them into a piece of artwork that will last a lifetime! I always seem to nail it on the first try too! Iv'e never had anyone come back after leaving a deposit for me to draw a custom piece and said that they didn't like what I drew up... It's their thoughts on paper with me being the traslator! That part's the coolest to me.
They are walkin around forever changed by what we do man. it's heavy, but cool!

good luck....
thanks man,goold luck with the new shop..

right now im teaching myself,i have a friend that pretty much taught himself and is now doing very well,so he show me things here and there,but im deff not doing ttts that im not ready for...
right now im using
starbrite ink/skin candy and kara sumi
my machines are from time machine..the flat line liner and the g machine shader, i deff didnt buy some ebay/back of the mag kit... i spent about $1800 for all my stuff. (now im broke plus i just got laid off on friday)
anyways..
yea the only thing right now im having trouble with is blending colors..but other then that its not to bad..like anything else it just takes practice...
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont get ink from JStuntlocke......son of a bitch uses needles and "ink" he gets from these little bottles.

Come get a tatt from me....I ONLY use Zebra Stainless Steel Ball Point Tattoo applicators....see picture below! My tatts are guaranteed not to fade *cough* or rub off *cough*....as long as you keep covered under celephane, do not rub them, expose them to sunlight, water, soap, or any other liquid including sweat

jk, Jason, when you gonna do my tatt ******???? Been waiting and waiting and waiting for you to FINALLY get set up.....you know how many tatts I coulda bought with the money I've spent on guns in the last 15 days??? You're missin out bro! lol
Seriously tho....hurry the **** up, I'm an impatient person, and tend to throw tantrums when I dont get what i want WHEN I want it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0107091108a.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	218898  

Last edited by eazenutz33; 01-07-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:34 PM
hunts and stunts

LOL
UR ate up bro! LOL

I'm missin out?

I still don't think I could compete with that unless I owned a gun shop. haha Plus you only want a little girly sized tattoo!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM

LOL
UR ate up bro! LOL

I'm missin out?

I still don't think I could compete with that unless I owned a gun shop. haha Plus you only want a little girly sized tattoo!
lol....thought you might like that.

YOU SHOULD open a gun shop....I could prolly keep you in business myself!!! haha

And my tattoo idea is the ****, and actually means somin compared to some of these N-Sync/BackStreet Boy type tattoos I've seen on alot of these *******!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 AM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
lol....thought you might like that.

YOU SHOULD open a gun shop....I could prolly keep you in business myself!!! haha

And my tattoo idea is the ****, and actually means somin compared to some of these N-Sync/BackStreet Boy type tattoos I've seen on alot of these *******!
LOL
OK, I'll give you that I guess... but it's still going to be a tiny little tattoo!

I'd have to do 36 of those little things all over your chest in order to amount to just what you spent at cabella's the other day! If I was smart I in all reality should've said that I'd fix your shoulder piece, and do that little tattoo on your chest, in trade for your trailer... yea.. I said "IF I WAS SMART!" LOL

And a tattoo is a tattoo... IF it's stupid I don't really care, if I don't do it someone else will.... I really don't care what people want to get tattooed as long as it's not **** bullshit, or racial slurs. I refuse to do those, but hell... I'll chop your arm off if you want me to, you just better sign here and initial here and here... and of course you gotta pay me enough too!

PS. where's your avatar?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 AM

LOL
OK, I'll give you that I guess... but it's still going to be a tiny little tattoo!

I'd have to do 36 of those little things all over your chest in order to amount to just what you spent at cabella's the other day! If I was smart I in all reality should've said that I'd fix your shoulder piece, and do that little tattoo on your chest, in trade for your trailer... yea.. I said "IF I WAS SMART!" LOL

And a tattoo is a tattoo... IF it's stupid I don't really care, if I don't do it someone else will.... I really don't care what people want to get tattooed as long as it's not **** bullshit, or racial slurs. I refuse to do those, but hell... I'll chop your arm off if you want me to, you just better sign here and initial here and here... and of course you gotta pay me enough too!

PS. where's your avatar?
well, its a newborn's foot......how big should it be? If it was twice the size I dont know that I woulda married her!

You're right....IF you were smart! lol I do need my shoulder touched up as much as can be done....road rash sucks for tatts! If we have time, prolly have ya do both for me when I come out.

I'm gonna pass on the home amputation, but I was really hoping to get one of those Charley Manson forehead tattoos!

and I dont wear aviators!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
hunts and stunts

lol

no ******.. you knew that I meant the cool picture of my little buddy (PPE) you had up on your avatar.. where'd it go?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 PM

lol

no ******.. you knew that I meant the cool picture of my little buddy (PPE) you had up on your avatar.. where'd it go?
I dunno.....haven't been on stuntlife in quite some time, guess I could load a new one sometime.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:16 PM
hunts and stunts

yea... maybe if you took a picture of him in one of those stunter onzies I made for him, that would be a cool avatar!?!

I never got to actually see him wearing one of those!! I'm sure he's outgrown them by now too! If he did and the top's are not too tight you could just cut off the bottom part and use them as t-shirts.. They might even look like those awesome rainbow colored half shirts you always wear with your speedo when we go wakeboarding with Josh and Clare!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM

yea... maybe if you took a picture of him in one of those stunter onzies I made for him, that would be a cool avatar!?!

I never got to actually see him wearing one of those!! I'm sure he's outgrown them by now too! If he did and the top's are not too tight you could just cut off the bottom part and use them as t-shirts.. They might even look like those awesome rainbow colored half shirts you always wear with your speedo when we go wakeboarding with Josh and Clare!
we had an agreement...no talking about my half shirts and I wouldnt mention your "experimentation" with gerbils!

I got a pic or two in those shirts.....may have to resize the pics and use one.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
hunts and stunts

hey don't distract everyone from your gayness by tellin them about my experimentation with teaching gerbils how to wakeboard!
LOL

Here's the first pic (finally) I chose to put it in here first cuz it's a rework of one of my first tattoo's I ever did!
It's one that a close freind of mine sketched of a wizard's head "with no gay wizards hat on.." LOL... Or at least that's what he said about it way back in 92 when we did all of this back piece with a single needle!! ( I used a tight5 to outline and a 14R to shade this time) it's about 13x15" big... and I think we've both gained like 95lbs since then between the two of us!! LOL

...but no, back in the day he drew some stuff up and I kind of sharpened it up so it would look half way decent as a tattoo with maintaining most of it's original integrity.
It's really not what I necessarily would consider even cool for my taste of tattoos, but who am I to judge? If I went around tellin everyone that they shouldn't get the tattoo they want then that would be kinda shitty and I wouldn't do many tattoos!!LOL

So yea.. he came back though some 16-17 years later and we redid it. How is that for a loyal customer? LOL He does have a few other tattoo's by me and an entire lower leg sleeve below the knee from me too that we did only maybe 5 years ago....

As for pics and this thread... I'll probably only post up the custom tattoo stuff in her rather than the cheap run of the mill flash pics.. the $50.-90. All the generic **** doesn't need to be in my thread. I'll try to put the one off pieces only in here....
Name:  wizardface.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  19.8 KBHere's his leg Name:  tattoopic32.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  14.1 KB
More to come...

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 02-01-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

just out of curiosity, how much would "White Trash" be in old english on a arch on my shoulder blades be?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
hunts and stunts

honestly.. it depends on the style of old english.. the size of the letters, and the type of shading you would like on the inside of the letters
Like I've done chrome old english letters, I've done grey washed old english letters(diff type of fades), and I've done color and solid black.

It really all depends on the artist and those few things I listed. But to give you an idea I've done them about 4" tall at $45. per letter for the outline alone & another like 25 to shade them in black & grey about 3 weeks later.

Quick Reply: Opening up my tattoo studio again!!!!!