Opening up my tattoo studio again!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold
Re: Opening up my tattoo studio again!!!!!

OK, ever tried to write down an address or phone number while driving in a car down a bumpy road??

That is exactly what my freind's wife's freehand foot tattoo was like! she would not hold still!! She was absolutely ****** rediculously trying as hard as she could to **** her tattoo up! She actually succeeded to make a couple lines wiggily! And then she wouldn't let me taper them out like I had planned because "it hurt" and she wanted it fine line.
After repeated warnings about it, and several close calls, I finally just told her that it was her tattoo, and I really don't care if she wants to ruin it! LOL

In 17 years I have never had anyone jump and move and complain as much as she did. All be it the top of the foot hurts but damn! Word of advice to all you prospective tattoo clients out there.. DON't **** off your tattoo artist!

I always wondered why the other tattoo she had was so fat-lined and fucked up lookin... She probably couldn't hold still for that one either! Plus he went way too slow and deep really, but I'm just saying.

Anyhow, here it is.. freehand custom work, a couple things I had to draw on with a hectographic pen, but not much.
I almost hate to call this one custom, cuz I wouldv'e tapered the lines and made the stars a helluva lot more bold and shaded in if she wouldv'e let me...
Bitch of it is, even with all of the problems, her skin drank the ink so well, and she has such fair skin all colors show up bold and vivid, that actually her body is a tattoo artist's dream!

Name:  HPIM5626-1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  80.8 KB

Should have picture of Eazenutz next! heh heh. I wish my new mini-HDDV cam would get here today so I could film that one for ya'll! LOL
Hey, are those stunter tears?? haha
Old 02-06-2009, 11:23 AM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

yea man i hear yea..ive done 2 tatts on 2 diff girls feet and they both had stars in them,,and **** they would not hold still for ****....a 15 min tat took 1 1/2 hours..what bs
Old 02-06-2009, 11:39 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Now this is an example of what I call custom. This is what happens when you turn me loose and let me do what I wanna do!!
I figured ya'll would like the squid-like tattoo the most when I was diggin for some bigger custom pieces I've done, so I scanned it in. It's a couple years old, sorry about the quality, it's scanned in directly from a page in my portfolio!

Here's the origional on paper...
Name:  Photo002.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  268.8 KB

Now on skin..

The outline...
Name:  octopuslegoutline.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  74.4 KB
then black n grey...
Name:  octopuslegblackngrey.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  127.2 KB

Now dig this.... Next was color, but he never showed back up and lost like a $150. deposit on it. Flash forward to two years later, and this guy told me he is getting this leg amputated now!! So this custom piece is waiting to be redone on someone else with better luck!!! LOL
If your'e ever in KC.....
Old 02-06-2009, 11:55 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see any cameras and I'm flickin boogers all over!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 PM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by havok
yea man i hear yea..ive done 2 tatts on 2 diff girls feet and they both had stars in them,,and **** they would not hold still for ****....a 15 min tat took 1 1/2 hours..what bs
I've had em wiggle before, but never this bad. I've done a ton of tops of feet through the years... and for some reason stars on the tops of chicks feet are gaining in popularity...
Old 02-07-2009, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I've had em wiggle before, but never this bad. I've done a ton of tops of feet through the years... and for some reason stars on the tops of chicks feet are gaining in popularity...
its the new tramp stamp! Trampin in the summer with flip flops, lettin the puss heal in the winter with shoes on!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:53 AM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
its the new tramp stamp! Trampin in the summer with flip flops, lettin the puss heal in the winter with shoes on!
LOL

Uploaded your re-work for ya... We did a good job of keeping it the same design I think too. Just remember we ain't done with this one yet!
...sorry, damn southern draw... LOL

The next one your'e gettin will be cooler, I'm lookin forward to it! The meaning behind it is cool. Plus when we are done with it, on that same day, maybe we can move back to the re-work for the rest of this one since it should be fully healed by then. Sound good??

Yesterday was awesome weather huh? And today is supposed to be around 68!! I'm goin to the lawrence lot in a bit!
Sans the wind, it was a good day of guns, grillin, and tattoos!
Thanks for comin out.
Just remember, I'm gonna make this thing really POP after the next sesh!
So just don't road rash it up again before we can finish that background!!LOL
Name:  HPIM5630.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  13.7 KB
Name:  HPIM5631.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  13.8 KB
Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 AM

LOL

Uploaded your re-work for ya... We did a good job of keeping it the same design I think too. Just remember we ain't done with this one yet!
...sorry, damn southern draw... LOL

The next one your'e gettin will be cooler, I'm lookin forward to it! The meaning behind it is cool. Plus when we are done with it, on that same day, maybe we can move back to the re-work for the rest of this one since it should be fully healed by then. Sound good??

Yesterday was awesome weather huh? And today is supposed to be around 68!! I'm goin to the lawrence lot in a bit!
Sans the wind, it was a good day of guns, grillin, and tattoos!
Thanks for comin out.
Just remember, I'm gonna make this thing really POP after the next sesh!
So just don't road rash it up again before we can finish that background!!LOL

sounds good to me bro.......wish the wind hadnt been such a pain in the ***, or the shooting could have been alot more fun, and the grilling alot easier!

I'm ready to move onto the chest piece, then the back piece, cover over the shoulder.....
Old 02-07-2009, 11:50 AM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
sounds good to me bro.......wish the wind hadnt been such a pain in the ***, or the shooting could have been alot more fun, and the grilling alot easier!

I'm ready to move onto the chest piece, then the back piece, cover over the shoulder.....
IT was all good! And also, that was why I said Lawrence lot, because it's down in that valley out of a strong southern wind... it's still pretty windy today too.
And what do you mean cover over the shoulder?? If you wanted to do a cover up on that one, you shouldv'e told me! We couldv'e put something totally different there and you wouldv'e never known that S was ever there!

I know what your'e sayin too on the back, but remember... your back is going to be a huge custom piece that is going to take a long time to do. IMO your shoulder shield needed a little shading behind it, like smoke or clouds in black and grey, and I wish I couldv'e done it last night but no biggie..... my bad.
I just think it needs something else to make it pop ya know? To make it my own work as well, kinda put my spin on it. And so it's not just kinda floating there...

Regardless of "what", I was really just meaning "when", because I think we will have plenty of time to move from your chest to your shoulder in one sitting (next). But probably the back peice will have to wait for a sesh dedicated only to it! Several sessions actually... It's going to be HUGE!

Either way, your tattoo looks brand new again which was what we talked about... and we can enhance it next time your'e out for some more work if ya want also.
I hate having faded and half finished work on me, so I'm glad we could fix yours up for you... I hope you were only kidding about the cover up, cuz it's not too late per-se, but it's going to be harder to hide it now if that's what you want.
It looks good I think...
Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 PM

IT was all good! And also, that was why I said Lawrence lot, because it's down in that valley out of a strong southern wind... it's still pretty windy today too.
And what do you mean cover over the shoulder?? If you wanted to do a cover up on that one, you shouldv'e told me! We couldv'e put something totally different there and you wouldv'e never known that S was ever there!

I know what your'e sayin too on the back, but remember... your back is going to be a huge custom piece that is going to take a long time to do. IMO your shoulder shield needed a little shading behind it, like smoke or clouds in black and grey, and I wish I couldv'e done it last night but no biggie..... my bad.
I just think it needs something else to make it pop ya know? To make it my own work as well, kinda put my spin on it. And so it's not just kinda floating there...

Regardless of "what", I was really just meaning "when", because I think we will have plenty of time to move from your chest to your shoulder in one sitting (next). But probably the back peice will have to wait for a sesh dedicated only to it! Several sessions actually... It's going to be HUGE!

Either way, your tattoo looks brand new again which was what we talked about... and we can enhance it next time your'e out for some more work if ya want also.
I hate having faded and half finished work on me, so I'm glad we could fix yours up for you... I hope you were only kidding about the cover up, cuz it's not too late per-se, but it's going to be harder to hide it now if that's what you want.
It looks good I think...
I agree its gonna take some more to get it where I want it, and so on....I meant shoulder piece like the top of my shoulder, down over to my chest, not on the deltoid itself yet until I find out what I want to put there...but eventually...half sleeve, 2/3 of my back, and once the kid factory is closed, entire left chest.

You're the guide on how to get there bro, I'm in for the ride and paying the way.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:29 PM
hunts and stunts

OK, I've never drew a rat fink before. I didn't even know that this little thing was that popular!!

Name:  HPIM5672.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  87.8 KB
Name:  hpim5674.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  82.3 KB

That is just the first sesh.. outline and line tapering only.
(tight 3, single needle on the teeth only, and tight 5 needle groups were all used)

Next will be black and grey & color. And then the background shading after that. He wants all hot rod themed stuff, so I'm doin a nos bottle on it's side purging smoke up around and behind the rest of the stuff he's got.. like a hot wheels emblem on the other side and a woodpecker head he got down in Louisiana. And I think we are also doin a VonDutch flying eyeball or something like that...??

Whatever, I don't care. I've ben treating this guy really well and giving him a break on work, but I think I'm back to where people are starting to try to take advantage of my good nature. No more good buddy deals is all I have to say.

Buying the full color palet of Intenze inks next week, and also a couple new National titanium machine kits!!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:59 PM

looks good....not a rat fink fan myself...but looks clean.

once that new ink and ur new machines show up I'm taking advantage of ur good nature! hahaha
Old 02-22-2009, 06:10 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Ed Roth was a great artist and even if you didn't put the RF initials on there , you would still know his work if you saw it .
You did an awesome job on that . I would leave out the hair and color . It looks good like it is right now .
If anything , i would maybe put a few red lines in his eyeballs cause he always looked like he just smoked an ounce of weed
I think anyone that was into hot rods back in the day , had or bought a rat fink hot rod t-shirt from a swap meet .
His crazy car pictures were true classics .

Last edited by Crazy D; 02-22-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:34 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

The woodpecker logo would be the thrush exhaust logo , and the von dutch would be pin striping , or the flying eyeball which is somewhat like Ed roths work . He was probably the best free hand pin striper ever . If you look at his work you will see that he was a genius . He influenced every pin striper and striping design .
Old 02-23-2009, 01:48 AM
hunts and stunts

Like I said.. I had no idea it was THAT popular.

I found out already though... I researched all this stuff which is typical when doin a larger custom piece or conglomeration of pieces. You learn something about someone else's interests that you may not have otherwise sought to learn. And like I said... he's into hotrod stuff. Never owned one, but sure is into it. Like he'd probably rather watch the handlebar mustache guy on speed drive Jay Leno's cars rather than JB squiddin up superbikes! LOL

and the blood vessles in the eyeballs are already there. I drew that pic in full color, and that is how it will be when done. Maybe I should post up the artwork??
Maybe I wasn't clear but that was only the first session guys... The outline!

He'll come back for color later.

And thanks for the compliments...
Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 PM
hunts and stunts

Name:  Dillen2-transfer.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  107.2 KB
Name:  Dillen2-1.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  158.3 KB
Name:  Dillen2.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  118.3 KB

Thanks again Eazenutz!

*edit*

I forgot to put in the drawing of ratfink that I did for that guys piece...

Name:  tattooflash.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  26.3 KB

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 03-01-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:07 PM

wheres the end tatt with the gun......thats my favorite

Love my AR btw
Old 03-01-2009, 03:01 PM
hunts and stunts

haha That pic was a little blurry of the tattoo, but I like the pose too. That is why I put he first one of the transfer only in here..
We didn't go in the order that we had planned on at first, but we're makin progress.

DMC Cody said he might be up next weekend. Ya know... ride and get some ink maybe. So you'll have to wipe the cobwebs off the F4i with us then! LOL
It'll give me a chance to use the new steadicam and the new HD mini-DV set up too! Oh yea.. and the new editing software!!!!
Hell, I might not ride at all!! < yea right!

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 03-01-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 AM

haha That pic was a little blurry of the tattoo, but I like the pose too. That is why I put he first one of the transfer only in here..
We didn't go in the order that we had planned on at first, but we're makin progress.

DMC Cody said he might be up next weekend. Ya know... ride and get some ink maybe. So you'll have to wipe the cobwebs off the F4i with us then! LOL
It'll give me a chance to use the new steadicam and the new HD mini-DV set up too! Oh yea.. and the new editing software!!!!
Hell, I might not ride at all!! < yea right!
F4i? F4i? F4i?........that sounds familiar for some reason.......is that the thing I left in the back of my truck and let it get snowed on???
I should be down to kick the tires on it a bit.....might even start it....if it will start.....nevermind, its a honda...we're good
Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 AM
DMC Freestyle.....

freestylexxx02 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i might be up... lol u guys cant laugh at me. havent rode in 6 months finally got my bike finished....well i have a stock sprocket on it so i dunno how well im gunna kill it hahaha..... i just got my 62 tooth sprocket last nite but i dont have a chain so im fucked.... i wanna get all inked out.... only have 8 but there ok.. i want some awsome work from jason