Go Back  Stunt Bike Forum > Rider Specialty Forums > Pocket Bikes / Mini Motos
Reload this Page >

Overflow Issue On Stunt Pitbike

Overflow Issue On Stunt Pitbike

Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 AM

BirDMaN420 is a decent person
Question Overflow Issue On Stunt Pitbike

Hey guys,

Started stunting my pitbike with street tires on it. I have one issue though, whenever i'm past say 10 o clock, petrol pisses out the carb overflow alot. I was just wondering how all you guys don't have this issue with your street bikes etc? I do obviously understand why this is happening.
The possible solutions i've thought of is either,
Try find a manifold that angles the carb upwards a little, thereby making the carb angle less extreme in a wheelie
Or setting the float level lower, so the bowl isn't as full
Or if it's not possible to stop it leaking out the overflow, making some kind of a catch bottle to keep the petrol in

The float idea would obviously be the easiest, but i'm a little worried about when i've gotta make a getaway, the power will cut out on and off at top speed i'd guess, as the bowl empties, and gets more fuel in. I do occasionally get grumpy old men and governmental people chasing me, then i have to move from stunt mode into race mode! Gets the adrenaline running real good :D

Oooh almost forgot one other thing, rear hand brake. I've tried searching for ideas for it, but all i find is kits etc which is outta my price range, especially for a pitbike. Would a scooter rear hand brake work?? :D I don't see why it wouldn't?

Any help is appreciated
Thanx,
BirDMaN
Old 11-03-2012, 04:55 PM

mrbikestunts1 is a decent person
Re: Overflow Issue On Stunt Pitbike

just ajust the float and make sure the carb is clean and on my pitbike iv a cbr125 calipper on it and bracket made up and mounted to the axle
Old 11-03-2012, 05:00 PM

mrbikestunts1 is a decent person
Re: Overflow Issue On Stunt Pitbike

my dad made a mod to a carb to make mine work and its great we could buy one and mod and sell it to you