CR80 Frankenstein Mini

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Ghini is a decent person
CR80 Frankenstein Mini

Whats up guys, i need your help. i've got a mini but i don't have the slightest idea what kind it is nor do i know much of anything about minis (aside from fiddys). i think it was orginally a honda 954 replica. i think its half scale? its around 3 feet long and 2 feet tall? hydrolic disk brakes, used to have either a 49cc or 110cc 4 stroke motor on it. it some how caught on fire and was just thrown in a dumpster...i rescued it from the dumpster and stripped it down to just a rolling chassis. a few friends and i chopped up my old honda CR80 & made it work... now it ******* flys.

Now for the bad news, the front end is tweaked pretty bad, the little clip ons are shot, no gas tank, no plastics...right now i could really careless about the tank, plastics or clipons, we'll ghetto rig something in the mean time. but i really need a front end with or without brakes & wheel. hopefully one of you guys can help me out and atleast point me in the right direction. we had it out last night despite the toasted front end, no seat, foot pegs & only a front brake...but let me tell you this thing RIPS! can't wait until its actually safe enough to get out of 2nd gear!!! considering the size of the sproket & how hard it pulls i'll bet it will go 90+ mph on a straight! so help a brother out!!

...sorry for the novel of a post, i'm a little excited about how this project is coming along!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:51 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold
Re: CR80 Frankenstein Mini

Probably a super or midsize bike . I'm gonna say it won't do 90mph . Sorry

Post pics. of the bike and plastics . Was it an auto clutch ?

There are for-sale forums at Pocketbikeplanet .
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM

Ghini is a decent person
Re: CR80 Frankenstein Mini

aight i'll check that place out.

well i clocked 70mph on pavement when the motor was in the dirtbike. i bought the bike used and dunno if the sprokets were stock. but the sprocket on the mini is atleast 10 teeth smaller, the mini weighs ALOT LESS and it still pulls harder than the dirtbike did. so i don't think that 90mph would be infeasable(sp).

i'll post pics once i find someones camera to use. the plastics were melted (for the most part) in the fire and what was left were just garbage half melted pieces so i threw them all out. it was an auto clutch, 4 speed i believe but don't quote me on the 4 speed.