View Poll Results: Would you download a pirate Stunt video?
Yes, wheres the link!
59.30%
No, I'll watch a friends and/or buy it if I want it that bad.
40.70%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you would pirate a stunt vid?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:10 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Kev900RR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How many of you would pirate a stunt vid?

Originally Posted by RONNIE
A. i agree, 30.00 is way too much, thats why we charge 25 SHIPPED! or 20 at a store.

B. it dont cost **** to actually sit down and make the video, just money for replication, which is what ryan said. BUT the 500 in gas to get back and forth from texas or whatever adds up. when ya do it 10 times a year.

C. EVERTONE THAT MAKES A VIDEO expects to make money back. At least enuff to make another video. maybe get some merchandise rolling!

last but not least............ i would sell my video to a jack off like you for $50.00 . Unknown??? how the f*ck would you know? kuz you plop yer dumb *** on stuntlife everyday and feel like yer part of something??? what have you put in son?? Ryan and I have more miles on us in 3 years than you will probably ever reach.some have put more in, many have put in less,but dont post on here like you know whats involved in bein a true part of this sport and take shots at us. what a joke!
Eat a dik mr. unknown, I do my part as a fan and as a stunter. I go to all events, buy plenty of merchendise, Have probably every video ever made (Origionals). I wasn't trying to start any chit with you guys, I was just stating my opinion as a film maker myself. I swear man, some of you fuggers learn how to do a circle wheelie or a million foot stoppie and you think your better than everyone else. Well *** both of you fools, you'll never get a shiny nickel outta me.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:27 PM

Myke_X is an unknown quantity at this point

this poll is missing an option.

I will pirate anything just to see what it's like. If it sucks I delete from my computer and never watch it again. If it is good I will go out and buy it.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:31 AM

FTW.....son is an unknown quantity at this point

Pirating stunt videos.....your just stealing from fellow stunters...how do you expect the sport to grow, when you theives hold it back.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:18 AM

lorischambon is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys, i am from Italy and i am a great TP fan... just to say here a video like Nitro Circus is sold at 35 euro... (+shipping) and THAT's too much!
don't know xactly, but that's not far from 40 bucks maybe more...
talking bout piratery, i have to say that first time i had the chance to see vids like Terrafirma and Crusty, they were copies from tapes, cr*p quality, but after seeing that stuff, i discovered mx world and also stunts.
so i think it's the easiest way to enter in a "new world".
i am talking bout 10 years ago so now it's easier cause u came here, download a trailer from Darius vid and say "oh my god! got to have it!!" (like i made for Servin 1 and 2)
personally i can say that a true fan of this kind of stuff buys and always will only original stuff.
i buy stuff from US, only original, and let me say u are so lucky to find stuff so easily at those prices. so keep buying originals!
c ya
Loris
Old 06-23-2005, 11:46 AM

hot magma is a decent person

for all you pirating videos I hope someone steals your bike, because maybe they are unsure which bike they should buy and $10,000 for a bike is just way too much when they could just grab one off the street.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:58 PM

BIGfugginRED is an unknown quantity at this point

PIRATE PIRATE PIRATE

DO PIRATE DON'T PIRATE

let this fukkking thread die already
Old 07-04-2005, 07:46 PM
El Mas Puto Del Lugar

GeRiGiXXeR600 is a decent person

That's all ****!
I want SIU3 and I'm gonna buy it if it's needed, but here in Spain I dunno how to buy it, so the only way I can take is the ****in piratery. The problem is: nowbody posted SIU3 on Emule, so I get ****ed up guys
Please, can somebody post'em? Or can somebody send me a copy and I will pay it? the only 2 options I have
Old 07-15-2005, 10:38 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

C. EVERTONE THAT MAKES A VIDEO expects to make money back. At least enuff to make another video. maybe get some merchandise rolling!

Darius makes enough
Old 08-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got my copy of the new OM DVD the other day and a friend asked for a copy. I refused (Idon't copy DVDs anyway) because I'm also in the industry making car DVDs with www.fullboost.com.au and I'd hate to think someone else was stealing our stuff too.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:00 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Unknown??? !
I've never heard of you, lol. Same with almost everyone else.

$30 + shipping is too much. So by the time it gets to my door it will be at least $40cdn and whatever customs charges are involved.

What is the difference between downloading something from someone who has millions and someone who has nothing? Because it is ok to steal from someone who has more money then you? Interesting.

If break copyright laws on anything but disagree with doing it on stunt videos you are just a hypocrite. But we all are in our own way, so who the **** cares anyways, lol.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

New releases on my site (Urban Three & Tony D) go for $24.95
Titles that have been out for a min. (Black Sheep, 12:00) go for $19.95
Buy one get the second film half price.
Multiple films get cheaper and cheaper. (All 7 of my films go for $65.00)

If these prices are "Out of your league" and you have no desire to support "The system" that enables these films to get made then go steal the thing punk.

At this point it's obvious to me that the majority of people buy the films and people who swipe it are a very small exception. I'd rather have some 15 year old swipe it and watch it over and over again telling his friends about it thus spreading the word than the kid to have never seen it at all. When you get to a certain level your art is going to get swiped to a certain extent. It's the reality of it.

Dreamworks and Trinidad (Who put Black Sheep & the Crash film into Best Buy) have ripped me off for WAY MORE than a few renenegade pirates.

I have not seen a friggen penny. Not one red cent from what's being sold in Best Buy right now and it's costing me money to get a Lawyer involved on a "Cease and desist".

It's a dirty, foul biziness full of rip offs THEN everyone points thier finger at you like your making a million bucks.

It's the nature of the beast
Old 08-02-2005, 03:59 PM

swat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's Why I Still Ride For Fun. Fuc K The Fame.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:55 AM

ninjaboy17 is an unknown quantity at this point

yall should go read the fcc laws about "file sharing." as the law stands right now, it is illegal to download and allow others to upload from your computer. if you simply download and do not share it with anybody else you are not breaking the law (as of now). its true its true, ive heard it from adults who have researched it and i spent close to 3 hours reading articles about filesharing. according to the law that is in effect now, those who only download are fine, but those who share (both give and take) are breaking the law.

i would pirate stunt vids but not share them with others because that is against the law

p.s. no stunt vids are on bearshare, i already checked!
Old 08-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Felces is an unknown quantity at this point

C'mon everyone... Everyone is talkin about how horrible it is to pirate things while they're downloading music off of limewire :
Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 PM
It came out in the wash!?

XFlipX is an unknown quantity at this point

A. i agree, 30.00 is way too much, thats why we charge 25 SHIPPED! or 20 at a store.

B. it dont cost **** to actually sit down and make the video, just money for replication, which is what ryan said. BUT the 500 in gas to get back and forth from texas or whatever adds up. when ya do it 10 times a year.

last but not least............ i would sell my video to a jack off like you for $50.00 . Unknown??? how the f*ck would you know? kuz you plop yer dumb *** on stuntlife everyday and feel like yer part of something??? what have you put in son?? Ryan and I have more miles on us in 3 years than you will probably ever reach.some have put more in, many have put in less,but dont post on here like you know whats involved in bein a true part of this sport and take shots at us. what a joke!
Get Em Ronnie!!!

+1

Flip

DV8 unknown hahaahahaha LMFAO
Old 09-14-2005, 12:03 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Yea, so uh.....who is this DV8 again? Bunch of no talent hookers if you ask me. J/K fellas, you guys are the shiat.

Whenever a guy (we also call him Ronnie) can hop on a bike he's never rode before and rock out circles like its his job w/out turning up the idle......he's a fockin pimp. No two ways about it. And whenever a guy's warm up stoppie is around 300-400 feet....he's a fockin pimp too.

Ronnie, Ryan......you guys are my GOD'S!!!

Focking arm chair stunnas. I would think if you own all the stunt DVD's known to man and are in the process of making your own, you would know what goes into making one and how much it costs. Why anyone within the stunt community would pirate a stunt vid is beyond my comprehension. WTF is wrong with you?? In other words, I myself would never steal someone's vid. Its kind of like stealing from your family. Let the little kid down the street be a little biatch and take it, but if your actually involed in the sport you should have a little more respect and pay your dues.

And as for the arm chair stunnas out there.....why not do a little research next time before you start opening your mouth and saying stupid ****.

Okay kiddies, first rule of the day is "think before we speak."

Back on the subject....fock people who pirate vids.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:43 PM

adumb is an unknown quantity at this point

from what i know most of the riders that are in theses vids aren't getting paid so how is buying a dvd supporting the sport.. you are only supporting the producer of the video right?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:11 AM
It came out in the wash!?

XFlipX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adumb
from what i know most of the riders that are in theses vids aren't getting paid so how is buying a dvd supporting the sport.. you are only supporting the producer of the video right?

Your name suits you, most riders produce, ride, edit and sell their videos...so no you are wrong...although there are videos out there that are produced from an outside view...but that is good for the sport too!

Flip
Old 11-27-2005, 07:09 PM

crazy900RR is an unknown quantity at this point

It took a while to get all of this information stored in my head, but the reality of the matter is that most of these guys that you call the godfathers of this sport and the ones you look up to so much to rely on video sales to make a living. I've never pirated anyhting other than the trailers of upcomming videos for previews. I don't download or buy music (music if free people, they play all of the songs on the radio, listen long enough and you'll hear your song) (I don't even own a cd player) but original stunt videos put fod on the plates of the people who star/produce/edit them. If you want to know the truth, every last person on this forum buys all of my parts,food, and my wifes tampons. I'm military and you all pay my paycheck. It's all about the economy and stealing videos does nothing but negatively affect our sport. Just take into consideration that some of the better known rider rely on video sales for income.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:41 PM

rtpassini is an unknown quantity at this point

heres the thing for me

i probably wouldnt pirate a stunting dvd.
although there is those one dudes (level x or something?) that makes those how to vids, and a lot of people have been waiting over a year for them. which they have paid for. because of that, i would pirate their movies. if they dont hold their end of the deal as a business then **** em.

the only other problem i have is the price (as some of you have mentioned) $30 is way too much for a stunting vid. id say 20-25 at the most shipped.
a lot of you are talking about how it takes oh so much money to make a vid. i can get equipment to use along with all the editing tools to make a vid for very very cheap. its nice to have hookups. (family friend does stuff for a local station)
also, if you look at major films that cost MILLIONS of dollars to make, when they come out, its 15-20 bucks for a dvd.

just my opinion

Quick Reply: How many of you would pirate a stunt vid?