View Poll Results: Would you download a pirate Stunt video?
Yes, wheres the link!
59.30%
No, I'll watch a friends and/or buy it if I want it that bad.
40.70%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you would pirate a stunt vid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How many of you would pirate a stunt vid?

bullshit 5 min editing rule....here goes the links...lol346 EXTREMEZ "REVOKED"
or get your dvd here
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	THE DVD 001.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	132062   Click image for larger version

Name:	THE DVD 002.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	132063  
Old 04-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

All you people out there that buy stunt DVD's therefore supporting riders & filmakers like myself...Solid.....Respect. You are the people that make the machinery turn and allow (In my case) Black Sheep Squadron & Urban Three (Both cost $30,000.00) to be made. The fact that I know there are solid people out there that love & collect the films and are going to buy it legitimatly made it OK to go that extra mile and in some cases spend that extra buck.

IF THAT RUG GOT PULLED OUT FROM UNDER ME THERE WOULD BE NO FILMS.

My films have been bootleged for years now. "12:00" I saw on 125th St.
in Harlem with a black and white xerox cover and I know "Urban Street-Bike Warriors" is sold in Mexico as a bootleg. I accept this as part of having great art that people want. More people see the films, more people are exposed to the sport & chances are it's going to lead a few people back to check out "This Thing Of Ours" with a keener eye.

It could be worse. My **** could suck and no one would care!! Thank god that's not the case!!

Urban Three out now at www.stonefilmsnyc.com

Support Independent Filmaking!!

I'm going back to the Tony D edit.

All the best

Drew Stone
Old 04-15-2005, 04:54 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah in a way pirating is a form of flatterie
Old 04-21-2005, 05:27 PM

bigstove is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm military, whenever I have gone over seas I burn copies of my cd's and dvd's so I don't mess up the original, and when we are over there we will buy bootleg movies because we can't watch them in the theater,other than that I'm not gonna mess with anybody's money, because I wouldn't want them messin with mine.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:42 PM

Hippie459MN is an unknown quantity at this point

I own about 15-20 stunt DVD's and have been guilty of making a few copies but the only person that gets them is my brother cause I am sick of him wrecking and/or scratching the heck out of all my originals. Other than that, all of my DVD (Stunt vids and movies and whatever else) that I own (Aprox 200+) I am gonna say maybe 5 or 6 of them are copies and I just copied originals from family members. Only having dial-up makes a huge differance too but I also just prefer originals anyways so no pirating here for me. :YEAH

Way I see it, If your to cheap to buy it you dont really need it anyways.

Last edited by Hippie459MN; 04-26-2005 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Spelling issues
Old 04-26-2005, 10:24 PM

Magic_Cow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hippie459MN
I own about 15-20 stunt DVD's and have been guilty of making a few copies but the only person that gets them is my brother cause I am sick of him wrecking and/or scratching the heck out of all my originals. Other than that, all of my DVD (Stunt vids and movies and whatever else) that I own (Aprox 200+) I am gonna say maybe 5 or 6 of them are copies and I just copied originals from family members. Only having dial-up makes a huge differance too but I also just prefer originals anyways so no pirating here for me. :YEAH

Way I see it, If your to cheap to buy it you dont really need it anyways.

Does that go for yo brother or is he an execption??

Old 04-27-2005, 01:09 AM

Hippie459MN is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Magic_Cow]Does that go for yo brother or is he an execption??[QUOTE]

Yep. Goes for him too. He has bought a ton of DVDs as well but sometimes I just burn him a copy rather than borrow him my original. The way I see it he will loose it or scratch it all to heck in no time flat so rather then take a chance of my original getting wrecked I just let him wreck a copy that way I still have my DVD. He's not the easiest on things. Of about the 5 DVDs I have copied for him I bet he has one left and thats cause it was only a few days ago I gave it to him. He ruined all the other already.

Its all good. If anyone feel like I riped em off in any way, I sorry.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:20 AM

mojo1094 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is what i got for you. I am pretty old school when it comes to PC's. I got my first when i was 5. I remember an old phone number 1888587pir8. it was to report software piracy, real popular around 94, 95.

thing is, i was a relentles pirate. i can't remember paying for software from the age of 5 till i was 16, when i got my first job. my dad helped me with the piracy. it was a heritage.

I stoped the vid game piracy and software piracy. it sucks, cause i can't afford any good graphic design software, unless i fake being a student to get the cheap price. (**** man, autoCAD for 250 bux? that **** retailed for close to 900)

I currently download music. THAT'S RIGHT RIAA, or whomever is comin' for me. BUT, i do not distribute music, nor do i download anything i don't already own.

i download the ocastional stunt video, usually to check it out, or show a buddy. it's hard to buy them around here, i don't have a checking acct or credit card to order, so i get the short end of the stick. BUT, when i can i do buy. it's a thing of necesity. fully.
I produce my own music, so i know it sucks to have a property taken from you. now, i've been injured playing bass, had a string snap. but it's not comparable to the risk these stunters go through to give you a taste of thier day.

personally, and i tell you and any other stunter out there. if you make a vid, and my local store doesn't get it, and i manage to download it, i'm sorry, but if i ever see you, i would TOTALLY give you the cash. hands down. hell, i'd rather do it that way. thing is, i have the cash to buy, and i'd RATHER own them. i have a 52" tv. hi def. WHY would i want to watch it on a 15" laptop with crap speakers?

bottom line, i regret what i did when i was younger. it was stealing. i've made up for it, heavily. i still download, and will again, but you know what? if i see it and like it, i'm gonna buy it. if i see it and don't like it, i'd rather get a cashiers check and send the dude's five bux, and tell them "try again".
Old 05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

NO WAY IN HELL WOULD I DO THAT. People put way too much time and money into these dvd's than people realize. The same people are our friends. No way in hell would I rip them off... I appreciate the work that goes into making a vid.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:30 AM

BY The ever stinking way, Speed Limit cycles on 159th and Kedzie in chicago has a HUGE selection of vid's, so i now have a source, so i bought my first (judgement day 2) and will never need to download another. YAY.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:25 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Some People think that DVD's are over priced, people know they dont cost much to make the actual DVD, but people dont see the cost of actually "making" the DVD, The trips you take, the parts you replace, the gas money you spend, the injuries, the broken deals, the friends you lose, we have discovered its a long process to make a DVD, its alot harder than you think, and then when someone actually buyz it, all your doing pretty much is paying yourself back for all the money and time and sweat you put into it, but it makes it possible to keep doing it, i respect all riders and groups that produce their own videos, and i do purchase videos, and i also get alot of free ones from friends, so now i owe alot of friends some free videos, but its worth it,

Oh and J.C. your a real f*ck bag, nuff said

and those that like collecting DVD's ours is available at www.dv8underground.com, lata
Old 06-01-2005, 09:00 AM

Pigott666gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey anybody see the comercial for Stunt Vids "Judgment Day" and some crash video???????i wonder if its legal.....
Old 06-01-2005, 04:06 PM

hey ryan, who's JC?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:18 PM

Ryan_omc is an unknown quantity at this point

not nice to pirate people's vids....they work hard for their ****...we are all together in a way....go pirate some millioniare's videos....just my thoughts
Old 06-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Kev900RR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
Some People think that DVD's are over priced, people know they dont cost much to make the actual DVD, but people dont see the cost of actually "making" the DVD, The trips you take, the parts you replace, the gas money you spend, the injuries, the broken deals, the friends you lose, we have discovered its a long process to make a DVD, its alot harder than you think, and then when someone actually buyz it, all your doing pretty much is paying yourself back for all the money and time and sweat you put into it, but it makes it possible to keep doing it, i respect all riders and groups that produce their own videos, and i do purchase videos, and i also get alot of free ones from friends, so now i owe alot of friends some free videos, but its worth it,

Oh and J.C. your a real f*ck bag, nuff said

and those that like collecting DVD's ours is available at www.dv8underground.com, lata
WHY SHOULD YOU EXPECT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK? It doesn't cost alot to make a video if you do it the right way, 30.00 is way too much for a vid. I would pay 15.00-20.00 for an unknown like you. 25.00+ shipping for SIU, FTP, Urban Streetbike Warriors, ETC........ Put that cost up any higher and I'll be the first to say I'll pirate it, or buy a 5.00 pirate copy. Lets not get greedy people, Make video buying more reasonable to all the rookies that are catching on to stunting, I've talked to new guys and they're not interested in dumping 25-30.00 on a video they've never heard of.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:04 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kev900RR
WHY SHOULD YOU EXPECT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK? It doesn't cost alot to make a video if you do it the right way, 30.00 is way too much for a vid. I would pay 15.00-20.00 for an unknown like you. 25.00+ shipping for SIU, FTP, Urban Streetbike Warriors, ETC........ Put that cost up any higher and I'll be the first to say I'll pirate it, or buy a 5.00 pirate copy. Lets not get greedy people, Make video buying more reasonable to all the rookies that are catching on to stunting, I've talked to new guys and they're not interested in dumping 25-30.00 on a video they've never heard of.

i guess we'll have to keep practicing then so people like you will know who we are
Old 06-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

hey buddy, ryan cramer holds the world record for the longest stoppie.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point

A. i agree, 30.00 is way too much, thats why we charge 25 SHIPPED! or 20 at a store.

B. it dont cost **** to actually sit down and make the video, just money for replication, which is what ryan said. BUT the 500 in gas to get back and forth from texas or whatever adds up. when ya do it 10 times a year.

C. EVERTONE THAT MAKES A VIDEO expects to make money back. At least enuff to make another video. maybe get some merchandise rolling!

last but not least............ i would sell my video to a jack off like you for $50.00 . Unknown??? how the f*ck would you know? kuz you plop yer dumb *** on stuntlife everyday and feel like yer part of something??? what have you put in son?? Ryan and I have more miles on us in 3 years than you will probably ever reach.some have put more in, many have put in less,but dont post on here like you know whats involved in bein a true part of this sport and take shots at us. what a joke!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RONNIE
A. i agree, 30.00 is way too much, thats why we charge 25 SHIPPED! or 20 at a store.

B. it dont cost **** to actually sit down and make the video, just money for replication, which is what ryan said. BUT the 500 in gas to get back and forth from texas or whatever adds up. when ya do it 10 times a year.

C. EVERTONE THAT MAKES A VIDEO expects to make money back. At least enuff to make another video. maybe get some merchandise rolling!

last but not least............ i would sell my video to a jack off like you for $50.00 . Unknown??? how the f*ck would you know? kuz you plop yer dumb *** on stuntlife everyday and feel like yer part of something??? what have you put in son?? Ryan and I have more miles on us in 3 years than you will probably ever reach.some have put more in, many have put in less,but dont post on here like you know whats involved in bein a true part of this sport and take shots at us. what a joke!

exactly

Quick Reply: How many of you would pirate a stunt vid?