TTRs....

Old 10-18-2004, 10:50 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice
TTRs....

what do you guys think of the TTR125L's? i might have the chance to shop around for one soon, and i wanna put some street tires on it, do you think TTRs hold up good?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 PM

sean94z is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TTRs....

My buddy is rockin an 04 TTR. Hes had it for about a year and its held up pretty well. I heard they have oil problems though, ask 91vempo he knows more and he came up with a solution with an oil catch can. My buddies blows white smoke out the exhaust after he sets down a long wheelie like hes buring oil. Dunno if its bad or not he just adds a little oil now and then and is good to go. Oh also my buddy has the Pirelli Sport Demons on his (same as I run on my XR 100 and loves them. You can fit the 100/90-19 on the front but its a damn close fit! Rear he went with a 110/90-16. Overall I would say they are a good bike, I would rather have a Honda but Honda has nothing to compete with the TTR 125. The CRF 150 is a heavy *** tank and the CRF 100 has no disc brake. So if you are lookin for a compramise the TTR is perfect. Hope this helps!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:54 PM

Jimbo7 is an unknown quantity at this point

If anything, DONT RACE THEM! They suck ***** for racing, believe me. But they're hella fun for street riding and huckin it sideways. It seems like most people don't get the point of putting street tires on a dirt bike, and it makes me sad
Old 10-19-2004, 03:56 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard they run like **** while upsidedown.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	patrickupsidedown.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	104670  
Old 10-19-2004, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by CVBz
I heard they run like **** while upsidedown.
that **** is crazy
Old 10-19-2004, 10:06 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

haha i saw a pic of patrick stephens flippin his like that on super streetbike
Old 10-20-2004, 10:07 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beto
what do you guys think of the TTR125L's? i might have the chance to shop around for one soon, and i wanna put some street tires on it, do you think TTRs hold up good?
We've never had a problem with ours.. and they've been heavily abused. After a year they still run perfect. Note: if you run em in the high RPM's alot on one wheel you'll need an oil catch can.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shanholtzer
We've never had a problem with ours.. and they've been heavily abused. After a year they still run perfect. Note: if you run em in the high RPM's alot on one wheel you'll need an oil catch can.
Whats up Brett, I see you changed your name. What does it mean? I never even knew what your old name meant, lol. I been meaning to ask you, since you are the only other person I know that stunts a TTR, does yours blow white smoke out the exhaust? My friend has had his for about a year now and it still runs fine, but we were just wondering if this is normal. It usually happens after setting down a long wheelie....
Old 10-20-2004, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by sean94z
Whats up Brett, I see you changed your name. What does it mean? I never even knew what your old name meant, lol. I been meaning to ask you, since you are the only other person I know that stunts a TTR, does yours blow white smoke out the exhaust? My friend has had his for about a year now and it still runs fine, but we were just wondering if this is normal. It usually happens after setting down a long wheelie....
Yeah, the white smoke is more than likey oil making its way up from the crankcase vent and spilling out onto the exhaust or head. You shouldn't have a problem with this is you keep the RPM's low to mid range even during long wheelies.

You could put a oil catch inline... or just learn not to rev it so high

oh and that's my last name
Old 10-21-2004, 12:26 AM

haha cool last name, sounds like a german tank or something.

Anyways I guess its just normal then, we call the TTR the spy hunter bike cuz it smokes and leaks oil, lol
Old 10-21-2004, 03:36 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sean94z
we call the TTR the spy hunter bike cuz it smokes and leaks oil, lol
Classic. Wish I could get my hands on one of the original stand-up arcade versions of that game. Talk about childhood memories!

-Drew
Old 10-21-2004, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by CVBz
Classic. Wish I could get my hands on one of the original stand-up arcade versions of that game. Talk about childhood memories!

-Drew
Why buy it.. you can play it HERE for free all day long

Search this Thread