circles?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:02 PM
houstons tard

white bandito is a decent person
circles?

how many are doin em on the tard? seems like when i try i get about half way or a third of the way around and it either ends in me highsiding, not keepin the wheely high enough and going to fast, or just chug chug and then dies. any pointers?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:14 AM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: circles?

coast into the circle slightly past balance point using the brake, slightly tilt the bike left, it will fall into a circle, remember you should be past balance point, using the brake. if done at the right speed you should be able to make at least a full rotation, once in the circle when you start to fall inward you want to get back to balance point, you gotta be smooth on your throttle and brake and clutching. to much throttle with throw you into a highside and out of the circle, the sweet spot is just past balance point, and sometimes right at balance point, you work between those 2 areas to keep the circle going. If your highsiding your not back far enough and gave it too much throttle.
If you can do coasters and scrape the tail without any problems, you are ready for circles. if not, I would go work on those first, you gotta have your brake, clutch, and throttle control to where you dont even think about it, its just second nature.

Last edited by 12oclocker; 11-15-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:45 AM

JohnForLife will become famous soon enoughJohnForLife will become famous soon enough

if your on that stock gearing drz...its going to be alot of clutch work, and fast spinning circles, cant use to much brake just wants to come back down, im -1 on mine and still alot of clutch it doesnt have the power like a race bike
Old 11-15-2008, 12:17 PM

buffalorider13 is a decent person

Have You tried them on a 150 or similar bike? I got some good staggard circles on toms 150 but we put a f4i peg on it.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:39 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah sitdown circles on a tard are all clutch work, its tough.

Whats up 12 0'clocker, I got your message the other day. I havent had a chance to message you back yet.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:14 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
coast into the circle slightly past balance point using the brake, slightly tilt the bike left, it will fall into a circle, remember you should be past balance point, using the brake. if done at the right speed you should be able to make at least a full rotation, once in the circle when you start to fall inward you want to get back to balance point, you gotta be smooth on your throttle and brake and clutching. to much throttle with throw you into a highside and out of the circle, the sweet spot is just past balance point, and sometimes right at balance point, you work between those 2 areas to keep the circle going. If your highsiding your not back far enough and gave it too much throttle.
If you can do coasters and scrape the tail without any problems, you are ready for circles. if not, I would go work on those first, you gotta have your brake, clutch, and throttle control to where you dont even think about it, its just second nature.

This is a good post...

+1 on the clutch clutch and more clutch... I could definatlely tell this and I was only starting to work on them just before sellin the KTM.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:26 PM

hey whats up E-Loc, thats cool, just hating winter over here! lol
Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Wannabe

Zarrell is a decent person

I've noticed lately when I've practiced 12o'clock wheelies how its pretty easy to steer left when past the balance point. I just managed to scrape the licenseplate today, not while in a coaster though, so I'll work on that then try circling, thanks for the tips

My DRZ is geared 15-52 which I think should work pretty good for circles. Stock gearing must be a pain stunting with. I went along with stock
for quite a long time, works great except for going slow. I had to modify the chainguard to fit the bigger sprocket so you could try 14 front and a bit less than 52 back.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:05 PM
FGR

FGR is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
yeah sitdown circles on a tard are all clutch work, its tough.
Try doing sitdown circles with 300cc 2-stroke. That **** is fun.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:31 PM

their is a video floating around on youtube of a dude on a 2 stroke doing highchair circles, with the front wheel REMOVED. that is some sick ****. and confidence, lol! I'll need to see if I can find it again, that was a sweet vid..

Originally Posted by FGR
Try doing sitdown circles with 300cc 2-stroke. That **** is fun.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:04 AM
houstons tard

alright cool i was working on coasters the other day and have bein doin this for about 2 months now so i dont have really any clue the steps i need to go through.

buffalo i can do circles all day on the 110 i got.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:06 AM

buffalorider13 is a decent person

Screw that idea then.. Listen to these guys
Old 11-16-2008, 06:02 AM
Wannabe

Zarrell is a decent person

edit: nevermind

Last edited by Zarrell; 11-16-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:31 AM

just follow the steps in the first reply, its gonna take lots of practice man.
forget everything you currently know about circles on the 110. circles on a 110 are a little different, you can't throttle up and out of a low circle, or highside as easy as you can on supermoto wheels, the rear wheel is more flat (dirt tire) so it requires a more drastic lean and produces wider circles than a supermoto wheel which is more rounded. which is why the supermoto wheels feel more touchy, it takes less lean effort to make a tighter and faster circle. Dont try to apply the feel of the 110 circle to the supermoto wheels, they will feel different.

Originally Posted by white bandito
alright cool i was working on coasters the other day and have bein doin this for about 2 months now so i dont have really any clue the steps i need to go through.

buffalo i can do circles all day on the 110 i got.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:23 PM
houstons tard

just follow the steps in the first reply, its gonna take lots of practice man.
forget everything you currently know about circles on the 110. circles on a 110 are a little different, you can't throttle up and out of a low circle, or highside as easy as you can on supermoto wheels, the rear wheel is more flat (dirt tire) so it requires a more drastic lean and produces wider circles than a supermoto wheel which is more rounded. which is why the supermoto wheels feel more touchy, it takes less lean effort to make a tighter and faster circle. Dont try to apply the feel of the 110 circle to the supermoto wheels, they will feel different.
yea i am noticing that now that you are saying it. thanks again i will be practicing.