Knee in the seat circles

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:51 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Knee in the seat circles

Been working on circles with my knee in the seat,
its a bitch cause my throttle hand seems to be what I'm hanging on with,
and its hard to roll off and not highside out.
anyone else ever try it?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgO3rXXxUqA[/youtube]
Old 09-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Wannabe

Zarrell is a decent person
Re: Knee in the seat circles

I attempted that when I had my 125cc but never succeeded . You know if it's harder than sitting circles? Cause I'm tryin to learn but not sure what approach I should have, sitting,fib or like that

Nice though, like how you started out big and worked ur way to smaller circles
Old 09-15-2008, 08:04 PM

lol, yeah, knee in the seat circles are f'king hard. I can do the sitdown circles, seat stander circles, and 12 bar circles without any problems, but the knee in the seat is hard, at least right now it is, maybe it will get easier with time.
If you just starting on the circles, start with sitdowns first, let your left foot drag (dont put any weight on it) and keep your right foot on the rear brake. eventually you'll get comfortable enough to keep your left foot up, then move on to seat standers, and other stuff. seat standers are much more touchy, you have a larger control factor cause you can pivot the bike under you so much, it eventually plays to your advantage once you get used to them.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Wannabe

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
lol, yeah, knee in the seat circles are f'king hard. I can do the sitdown circles, seat stander circles, and 12 bar circles without any problems, but the knee in the seat is hard, at least right now it is, maybe it will get easier with time.
If you just starting on the circles, start with sitdowns first, let your left foot drag (dont put any weight on it) and keep your right foot on the rear brake. eventually you'll get comfortable enough to keep your left foot up, then move on to seat standers, and other stuff. seat standers are much more touchy, you have a larger control factor cause you can pivot the bike under you so much, it eventually plays to your advantage once you get used to them.
Ah ok thanks for the tips , I'm very familiar with seatstander wheelies but I don't have a handbrake so I dunno if it's a good idea to try those as circles yet, guess I'll stick to fib and sitting circles. Been practicing slow fib wheelies all week but can't get them to go slow enough to start thinking about turning. Also I've seen alot of people talk about using the clutch, especially on sitting circles. Do you use the clutch? In that case is it to get the speed down?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:07 PM

I have no handbrake right now. I do my seat stander circles with engine brake. I ordered a handbrake a month ago, but still haven't got it yet. sucks cause I had already took my other handbrake setup off and sold it! so Im back to old school engine brake till I get my fullthrottle setup in the mail.
yeah, your gonna need to have your clutch work fluid as f'k. For fast and wide sitdown circles you dont need to constantly clutch. but for slow tight circles, you gotta keep work'n the clutch and the rear brake together. go buy a MSR Raptor clutch, they are butter!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I used to do them for ***** and giggles.. Found them very easy as no weight was on my arms.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 AM

I used to do them for ***** and giggles.. Found them very easy as no weight was on my arms.
on supermoto or sportbike? cause on sportbike you can rest your knee on the front of the rear seat for support, but on the dirtbike seat, you slide off, and gotta hang on to the bars. I'm not calling you out, just wondering, I already know you kill me on a bike.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nags
+1...
Old 09-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Wannabe

I have no handbrake right now. I do my seat stander circles with engine brake. I ordered a handbrake a month ago, but still haven't got it yet. sucks cause I had already took my other handbrake setup off and sold it! so Im back to old school engine brake till I get my fullthrottle setup in the mail.
yeah, your gonna need to have your clutch work fluid as f'k. For fast and wide sitdown circles you dont need to constantly clutch. but for slow tight circles, you gotta keep work'n the clutch and the rear brake together. go buy a MSR Raptor clutch, they are butter!
Was out practicing today and managed to get my sitting wheelies to go slow enough to start thinking about turning. I go real slow and high, then begin to turn but I only manage to make like a quarter of a circle before I kinda get thrown off balance and almost highside out . Any tips on how to get the bike to turn smoothly? Should I lean inwards, shift my weight inwards or just try to get the bike to lean? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Zarrell; 09-18-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:57 AM

too much throttle will highside you out, you just need to get back further past balance point and use more brake and less gas. when I circling left sitting down, I tilt the bike left, and I slightly shift my weight to the right of the seat at the same time. when I start a seat stander circle, I tilt the bike to the right, and put more weight on my left foot at the left side of the seat. It takes a lot of time and pratice, could take weeks or months to get down. just keep practicing.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Wannabe

too much throttle will highside you out, you just need to get back further past balance point and use more brake and less gas. when I circling left sitting down, I tilt the bike left, and I slightly shift my weight to the right of the seat at the same time. when I start a seat stander circle, I tilt the bike to the right, and put more weight on my left foot at the left side of the seat. It takes a lot of time and pratice, could take weeks or months to get down. just keep practicing.
Ok thanks allot , I'll just keep practicing, then perhaps I'll gear it a bit which should make it slightly easier.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:05 AM

Larse is a decent person

I've done a few on my bike not so hard on a 50cc moped
Old 09-20-2008, 02:35 PM
DMC Freestyle.....

freestylexxx02 is an unknown quantity at this point

knee in seat i think is a little easier then regular sitdown cause your ontop of the bike and have way more control... just got to dip in more and give it more throttle bro!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:03 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

on supermoto or sportbike? cause on sportbike you can rest your knee on the front of the rear seat for support, but on the dirtbike seat, you slide off, and gotta hang on to the bars. I'm not calling you out, just wondering, I already know you kill me on a bike.
Supermoto.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude your pretty sick on that bike and I will tell you from experience its going to be like learning all over again when you do get motard wheels on that thing...some tricks may be even lost. Its crazy the difference.....
Old 10-08-2008, 12:57 AM

thanks man, hopefully someday Ill be able to scrape exhaust like you, that **** is bad ***... I hope I dont end up back to ground zero, lol. that would suck...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

thanks man, hopefully someday Ill be able to scrape exhaust like you, that **** is bad ***... I hope I dont end up back to ground zero, lol. that would suck...

Haha, thanks. Yeah just like you I started on dirtbike wheels. I just wanted to give you a heads up because its a world of difference..dont let it get you down though. I have problems everytime I put a new tire on mine. But your definatly killer on that machine.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 AM

Thanks E-Loc540, too bad you live far away, or we could kill some streets together, lol
I bought some supermoto wheels, Excel's, can't wait till they get here! :YEAH
Old 10-17-2008, 12:49 AM

ReSpECT is a decent person

Kness in the seat is hard because of the un-even weight distribution of your body. Too much weight on one side and no weight on the other. Thats another reason why it fells like your going to highside. Need to compensate for the weight. Try putting your knee more to the left of the seat, and applying more weight to it. I know its hard as hell on that small seat though, LoL....=-)
Old 11-17-2008, 12:44 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

bump, I hate these because when the bike stalls I go flipping through the air, especially when you come down sideways which normally happens.

Quick Reply: Knee in the seat circles